Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 11:42 It is currently 03 May 2024, 11:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE:Human Resources (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Re: Desautels (McGill U) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
rohmensur wrote:
Hello All,

I have been admitted to the Fall 2013 cohort as well. Looking forward to connecting with you all in August.

Submitted my app on Jan 16, had my interview with Jonathan on 26th feb and got the admit 8th March.
I have 26 months of experience in Information Technology, GPA 3.56 and GMAT 770.

See you :)

Congratulations on the admit! That's a great GMAT score. Well, actually that's a great profile! I have decided to apply for the MBA at McGill this year. I aim to finish my application by the end of this month. If you don't mind I have some questions for you:

- Have you accepted the offer? If no then by which date are you expected to reply?
- Did you receive a a scholarship? If yes then what was the amount?
- What was the interview like? Whom did you interview with and what were some of the questions asked?
- What tips can you give in terms of the essays?

rohmensur - CONGRATULATIONS! It must be a busy time for you now, but I have the same questions as SallyGriffith80, except for the last one. Could you spare some time for answers?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:
temuod wrote:
I'm not sure about that. I do believe that they will start processing your application as long as you have sumitted the online application, essays and references. They will consider the GMAT score you mentioned in the online application without waiting for the official score report. But again, I'm not too sure.

I hope they really do so, because I have submitted all the docs including the references, and Jonathan has confirmed that they have received my GMAT score, but the MINERVA still shows "not received" for GMAT score: and this is the only missing piece. I hope they started the review.
Good luck Nona!

Don't worry caramia, It takes 2-3 days for minerva to update your documentation status. If Jonathan mentioned that they have received your gmat score, that most probably means that they have started reviewing your application. You should hear from them soon!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
By the way some postgraduate studies I took do not have grades .. it was just you pass or you fail . Is the GPA of graduate studies required in the online application or only the undergrad? I will submit transcripts any way but it would take 7-10 days to obtain so I plan to apply online within the first 48 hrs after my test then apply for the documents at the different institutes

Thank you all in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Desautels '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
By the way some postgraduate studies I took do not have grades .. it was just you pass or you fail . Is the GPA of graduate studies required in the online application or only the undergrad? I will submit transcripts any way but it would take 7-10 days to obtain so I plan to apply online within the first 48 hrs after my test then apply for the documents at the different institutes

I don't know if they take the GPA for your post-grad studies into consideration but it will be best if you scan and submit copies of all your transcripts. You don't have to calculate the GPA yourself, they will do that for you. In fact, McGill follows the CGPA system not the GPA system.

For all those who have been admitted - Was the interview over Skype a video interview or just an audio interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

I don't know if they take the GPA for your post-grad studies into consideration but it will be best if you scan and submit copies of all your transcripts. You don't have to calculate the GPA yourself, they will do that for you. In fact, McGill follows the CGPA system not the GPA system.

For all those who have been admitted - Was the interview over Skype a video interview or just an audio interview?

This means I can just fill the grade % in the online application then submit the scanned transcripts on the Minerva after receiving my account details ? I also have the same question about the interview although it is more likely to be video .. the objective of the interview is to "see" you as they saw your papers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

It was a phone conversation for me. No videos involved. But it will most probably be a face to face interview if you live in canada or ths US.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
temuod, you are very helpful as always! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:

Glad to help!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:

perfectly agree :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
exan21 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I live in Montreal and I have applied to HEC Montreal, John Molson at Concordia and Desautels at McGill. In order of priorities, I think that the best for me is Desautels, then HEC, then Concordia. However, I have just been admitted to HEC Montreal, and as far as I know, I have 30 days to accept or not. Haven't heard yet from Desautels after presenting my application.

I really want to begin the MBA this year, so my question is this: if I accept HEC Montreal offer, but later I get admitted to Desautels, can I retire from HEC Montreal, or there will be any issue? Because I don't want to waste an offer I already have, versus others that could materialize or not.

Thank you for any answer!

I would suggest politely letting the application committee at McGill know that you have already received an offer from HEC and that you need a response asap. I'm sure they will make an effort to process your application more quickly. You don`t want to lose your deposit at HEC for nothing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

This means I can just fill the grade % in the online application then submit the scanned transcripts on the Minerva after receiving my account details ? I also have the same question about the interview although it is more likely to be video .. the objective of the interview is to "see" you as they saw your papers

Hey Nona,

You are not required to enter your grades. On the university history page you just need to enter the mandatory fields and the grades are not a mandatory field. Just leave it blank. However, make sure that you enter the dates correctly.

Also, for the Employment page you don't have to enter anything, just tick I have no employment to report at the bottom. The work history form in the PDF format is what you need to fill. Read the on-line help page that will be useful for the online application. Cant post urls yet but you will find it on the Deautels site.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
temuod wrote:
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
TheNona wrote:

It was a phone conversation for me. No videos involved. But it will most probably be a face to face interview if you live in canada or ths US.

temuod,

You have been very helpful in this thread. A few more questions if you have the time

1. Was there any cross-questioning involved in the interview?
2. What according to you was being tested in the interview? Not what they say on the website but what you thought was being evaluated.
3. Did Jonathan already have an idea of your profile or was it a "blind" interview?

Thanks! :-D
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
I just completed my interview with Jonathan, was asked typical questions such as Why Mcgill, Why Montreal, Career walk through, how are you as a person (outside your professional life), etc.

Mcgill is my first choice school, hope to get a positive reply in next 2 to 3 weeks.

Does anyone know if Mcgill has a loan program for international students (without cosigner or with international bank guarantee)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashishag84 wrote:
I just completed my interview with Jonathan, was asked typical questions such as Why Mcgill, Why Montreal, Career walk through, how are you as a person (outside your professional life), etc.

Mcgill is my first choice school, hope to get a positive reply in next 2 to 3 weeks.

Does anyone know if Mcgill has a loan program for international students (without cosigner or with international bank guarantee)

ashishag84,

Congratulations on finishing that interview! What was the turnaround time for the interview? In other words, when did you apply? Not really sure about the loan programs for international students. I believe it is only for students who are Canadian nationals or at least permanent residents.

Can you tell us more about your profile? How many years of work experience? International experience? GPA? etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
temuod wrote:
SallyGriffith80 wrote:

temuod,

You have been very helpful in this thread. A few more questions if you have the time

1. Was there any cross-questioning involved in the interview?
2. What according to you was being tested in the interview? Not what they say on the website but what you thought was being evaluated.
3. Did Jonathan already have an idea of your profile or was it a "blind" interview?

Thanks! :-D

Sally,

I'm always glad to help :)

1) I interviewed with Antoinette Molino and from what I remember, there were quite a lot of questions fired at me. Most of the questions asked were quite general though. The interview was very conversational and never did I feel like it was an interrogation. I hope I answered your question as I'm not sure what exactly you meant by cross-questioning.

2) I think that that the interview really focuses on your future. They want to make sure that you have a clear plan post-MBA and that you're not going to business school just to reflect what you want to do later on. They want to understand how the MBA fits into your plans and how you're going to use your business education to achieve your goals. They want to understand as well why Desautels is a good fit for you. They also focus on your leadership and teamwork abilities, make sure you have a few examples of that in mind. They also want to know more about you on a personal level: hobbies, your charcter etc...

3) Antoinette seemed to have read my CV and essays before the interview. We even talked briefly about one of my essays as it came up during our conversation.

One piece of advice: Highlight your international experience if you have any and/or your experience working with foreign people.
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
SallyGriffith80 wrote:
aa2012 wrote:

aa2012,

Congratulations on finishing that interview! What was the turnaround time for the interview? In other words, when did you apply? Not really sure about the loan programs for international students. I believe it is only for students who are Canadian nationals or at least permanent residents.

Can you tell us more about your profile? How many years of work experience? International experience? GPA? etc.

I am an Indian resident with almost 5 years experience in tourism sector; I am currently working as manager
I have 67% marks in my post graduate education.
I completed my application on 16th February and got the interview invite on 13th march
Intern
Intern
Send PM
temuod wrote:

Sally,

I'm always glad to help :)

1) I interviewed with Antoinette Molino and from what I remember, there were quite a lot of questions fired at me. Most of the questions asked were quite general though. The interview was very conversational and never did I feel like it was an interrogation. I hope I answered your question as I'm not sure what exactly you meant by cross-questioning.

2) I think that that the interview really focuses on your future. They want to make sure that you have a clear plan post-MBA and that you're not going to business school just to reflect what you want to do later on. They want to understand how the MBA fits into your plans and how you're going to use your business education to achieve your goals. They want to understand as well why Desautels is a good fit for you. They also focus on your leadership and teamwork abilities, make sure you have a few examples of that in mind. They also want to know more about you on a personal level: hobbies, your charcter etc...

3) Antoinette seemed to have read my CV and essays before the interview. We even talked briefly about one of my essays as it came up during our conversation.

One piece of advice: Highlight your international experience if you have any and/or your experience working with foreign people.

Great reply temuod! Some very useful tips in there.

About international experience. I think that they want students with international experience but its won't be a deal breaker or maker. Why do you think its important for them?

Originally posted by SallyGriffith80 on 21 Mar 2013, 22:28.
Last edited by SallyGriffith80 on 21 Mar 2013, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts