Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Desautels (McGill U) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
temuod wrote:
As a McGill alumni, i wouldn't know the answer to your question as i've had access to my minerva account since undergrad. However, just make sure all your documents are ready for upload. It will only take you a few minutes once you receive your minerva username and password. I'd be quite surprised if you don't receive those details by monday afternoon.

Thank you Temuod.
I was relieved to see the email with Minerva account information in my box this morning. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:
temuod wrote:
As a McGill alumni, i wouldn't know the answer to your question as i've had access to my minerva account since undergrad. However, just make sure all your documents are ready for upload. It will only take you a few minutes once you receive your minerva username and password. I'd be quite surprised if you don't receive those details by monday afternoon.

Thank you Temuod.
I was relieved to see the email with Minerva account information in my box this morning. :)

Awesome caramia! I'm sure you have a decent chance given that Jonathan encouraged you to apply. All the best !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have just realized that I did not indicate my "Potential Supervisor" in my application! :(
Is there any way to "fix" it thru Minerva account?
If not, How bad is it for my application? Anyone knows? Help...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
caramia81 wrote:
I have just realized that I did not indicate my "Potential Supervisor" in my application! :(
Is there any way to "fix" it thru Minerva account?
If not, How bad is it for my application? Anyone knows? Help...

Relax Caramia. An MBA is a non-thesis program and therefore no one is supposed to supervise your work. I left this field empty and was admitted. Don't worry about it :) Best of luck !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
temuod wrote:
Relax Caramia. An MBA is a non-thesis program and therefore no one is supposed to supervise your work. I left this field empty and was admitted. Don't worry about it :) Best of luck !

Merci cher ami! Vous avez fait me sentir meiux. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
caramia81 wrote:
temuod wrote:

Merci cher ami! Vous avez fait me sentir meiux. :)

Avec grand plaisir
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All,

I have been admitted to the Fall 2013 cohort as well. Looking forward to connecting with you all in August.

Submitted my app on Jan 16, had my interview with Jonathan on 26th feb and got the admit 8th March.
I have 26 months of experience in Information Technology, GPA 3.56 and GMAT 770.

See you :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohmensur wrote:
Hello All,

I have been admitted to the Fall 2013 cohort as well. Looking forward to connecting with you all in August.

Submitted my app on Jan 16, had my interview with Jonathan on 26th feb and got the admit 8th March.
I have 26 months of experience in Information Technology, GPA 3.56 and GMAT 770.

Impressive GMAT score rohmensur ! Where are you from and where have you been working?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I'm from Mumbai, India. Been working with Infosys in Pune, another Indian city.

Excited about the McGill mba. Heard very good things about the program. Only negative is I don't know french. Although I'm definitely going to pick it up soon, I hope that isn't a huge negative with respect to jobs and opportunities open to me in Montreal.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohmensur wrote:
Hi,
I'm from Mumbai, India. Been working with Infosys in Pune, another Indian city.

Excited about the McGill mba. Heard very good things about the program. Only negative is I don't know french. Although I'm definitely going to pick it up soon, I hope that isn't a huge negative with respect to jobs and opportunities open to me in Montreal.

Posted from my mobile device

I wouldn't worry at all about it. I did my undergrad in engineering at McGill and I have a lot of classmates who got really good jobs in montreal without speaking a word of french. Speaking french is definitely an asset to have though and I would recommend you to take some french courses. I was actually considering taking up some spanish courses!

The good thing about a McGill degree is that you can easily find a job anywhere in the world.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Desautels '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
rohmensur wrote:
Hello All,

Congratulations on the admit! That's a great GMAT score. Well, actually that's a great profile! I have decided to apply for the MBA at McGill this year. I aim to finish my application by the end of this month. If you don't mind I have some questions for you:

- Have you accepted the offer? If no then by which date are you expected to reply?
- Did you receive a a scholarship? If yes then what was the amount?
- What was the interview like? Whom did you interview with and what were some of the questions asked?
- What tips can you give in terms of the essays?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I live in Montreal and I have applied to HEC Montreal, John Molson at Concordia and Desautels at McGill. In order of priorities, I think that the best for me is Desautels, then HEC, then Concordia. However, I have just been admitted to HEC Montreal, and as far as I know, I have 30 days to accept or not. Haven't heard yet from Desautels after presenting my application.

I really want to begin the MBA this year, so my question is this: if I accept HEC Montreal offer, but later I get admitted to Desautels, can I retire from HEC Montreal, or there will be any issue? Because I don't want to waste an offer I already have, versus others that could materialize or not.

Thank you for any answer!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE:Human Resources (Health Care)
Send PM
This topics inspires me ... looking forward to seeing all of you next August , guys :) will retake the GMAT on April the 3rd and then immediately start to work on the application .

By the way I forgot to ask ... do we fill the essay in the application itself or do we upload it as PDF with the rest of the documents on the minerva ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
exan21 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I live in Montreal and I have applied to HEC Montreal, John Molson at Concordia and Desautels at McGill. In order of priorities, I think that the best for me is Desautels, then HEC, then Concordia. However, I have just been admitted to HEC Montreal, and as far as I know, I have 30 days to accept or not. Haven't heard yet from Desautels after presenting my application.

I really want to begin the MBA this year, so my question is this: if I accept HEC Montreal offer, but later I get admitted to Desautels, can I retire from HEC Montreal, or there will be any issue? Because I don't want to waste an offer I already have, versus others that could materialize or not.

Thank you for any answer!

Hi exan. If i were you, i'd accept HEC's offer if desautels does not come up with a decision within 30 days. You won't have any problems withdrawing from HEC's program, however you will most probably lose your deposit. I guess that's the price to pay for security.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheNona wrote:
This topics inspires me ... looking forward to seeing all of you next August , guys :) will retake the GMAT on April the 3rd and then immediately start to work on the application .

By the way I forgot to ask ... do we fill the essay in the application itself or do we upload it as PDF with the rest of the documents on the minerva ?

The essays should be uploaded on minerva. Good luck on your gmat!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE:Human Resources (Health Care)
Send PM
temuod wrote:
TheNona wrote:

thanks for the nice wish :) so you mean I can submit the application same day after the test to allow my references enough time to upload their filled recommendation forms and then start working on the essay the and scanning the transcripts the next day .Do I have a deadline for uploading the documents from the time I receive the Minerva data i.e within a week for example or it must just be before May 1st ? They will not receive my official score before 3 weeks from the test day (3rd April ) any way .

Thanks in advance , temuod :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheNona wrote:
temuod wrote:
TheNona wrote:

thanks for the nice wish :) so you mean I can submit the application same day after the test to allow my references enough time to upload their filled recommendation forms and then start working on the essay the and scanning the transcripts the next day .Do I have a deadline for uploading the documents from the time I receive the Minerva data i.e within a week for example or it must just be before May 1st ? They will not receive my official score before 3 weeks from the test day (3rd April ) any way .

Thanks in advance , temuod :)

Yes you can submit your online application right after you complete your gmat. The essays will be uploaded on minerva. The only deadline you have to respct is may 1st. However the earlier you submit, the better.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts