Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:33 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink]
Here from round 1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Asked to be removed, not going to wait around for them. Best of luck, yall! And goodbye, GMATclub, you stay classy.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
best of luck at GT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
Waitlisted in R2. I emailed the admissions office for waitlist info/timelines and they responded saying I might not here anything about decisions until after May at least. Also they asked if I considered retaking the GMAT. Retaking the GMAT is the last thing I want to do now! So probably going to be asking to move off their waitlist soon...

Good luck everyone!
I've come up with a small list of resources for those people who got waitlisted at UVA Darden. I hope this helps:

Official Waitlist FAQs: https://forms.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/waitlist/WaitListFAQ.htm

Official Blog on Waitlist: https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/tag/waitlist/

Forum on One Student Trying to get in: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-leverandon-is-going-to-get-off-of-the-waitlist-at-darden-75302-20.html

Short Article from Businessweek on Navigating the Waitlist: https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/blogs/mba_admissions/archives/2009/05/waitlist_strate.html

I sent a note in already and will be following up. I too would be interested if anyone has any information or statistics on people getting off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys,

Thank You for starting this thread. A got a waitlist notification tonight and wanted to be sure that status update with "accept" mode is all we had to to so far. Is it like that? As there was no feedback emailed after that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Estrial wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank You for starting this thread. A got a waitlist notification tonight and wanted to be sure that status update with "accept" mode is all we had to to so far. Is it like that? As there was no feedback emailed after that.

I think that's it. I didn't get anything else either.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Removed myself from the waitlist.
Kudos
My Waitlist Success Story:

I am a Rd 2 Consortium Applicant and just got off the waitlist. I wanted to share my experience with others on the forum so that they can possibly see how to improve their chances to get off the waitlist also. First, I emailed my interviewer and CCed darden@virginia.edu immediately stating Darden was my number one choice, I would attend if accepted, and asked if there was anything I could do to improve my chances to get off the waitlist. Approximately a week later, I received an email directing me to Haley who manages the waitlist. She forwarded me to the Consortium Manager Kellie. Kellie and I setup a time to discuss my application a week later. We discussed the application and she told me a few things to discuss in a supplementary essay of 250-500 words explaining basically my inspiration for getting an MBA, why I wanted to pursue management consulting, and how Darden fit into this. She explained that they were reviewing applications in an hour, so if I could turn around an essay in that time, it would be included in the discussion. Needless to say, I wrote a short essay and submitted it. I followed up the next day and she told me that they would reconvene and make decisions on Monday (yesterday) and I would hear back today. Yesterday morning I dropped her another short note expressing my excitement and thanks for her help in the process. Today I was accepted and she told me all of my communications played a part in to getting off the waitlist so quickly. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I would be more than happy to help. Today is a great day! :-D

Here's my timeline:
Submitted: 01/06/13
Invited to interview: 02/01/13
Interviewed with adcom (on-campus): 02/26/13
Waitlisted: 03/20/13
Admitted: 04/09/13
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Send PM
MassApplyer wrote:

I am a Rd 2 Consortium Applicant and just got off the waitlist. I wanted to share my experience with others on the forum so that they can possibly see how to improve their chances to get off the waitlist also. First, I emailed my interviewer and CCed darden@virginia.edu immediately stating Darden was my number one choice, I would attend if accepted, and asked if there was anything I could do to improve my chances to get off the waitlist. Approximately a week later, I received an email directing me to Haley who manages the waitlist. She forwarded me to the Consortium Manager Kellie. Kellie and I setup a time to discuss my application a week later. We discussed the application and she told me a few things to discuss in a supplementary essay of 250-500 words explaining basically my inspiration for getting an MBA, why I wanted to pursue management consulting, and how Darden fit into this. She explained that they were reviewing applications in an hour, so if I could turn around an essay in that time, it would be included in the discussion. Needless to say, I wrote a short essay and submitted it. I followed up the next day and she told me that they would reconvene and make decisions on Monday (yesterday) and I would hear back today. Yesterday morning I dropped her another short note expressing my excitement and thanks for her help in the process. Today I was accepted and she told me all of my communications played a part in to getting off the waitlist so quickly. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I would be more than happy to help. Today is a great day! :-D

Here's my timeline:

So cool! Great job! Congratulations!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
MassApplyer wrote:

Here's my timeline:

Did you still get the Consortium? Or any $? I hear it's possible, but not probable.
eyjose wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:

Here's my timeline:

Did you still get the Consortium? Or any $? I hear it's possible, but not probable.

I got membership to the Consortium, but no money. They said no money to waitlisters... :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MassApplyer wrote:
eyjose wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:

Here's my timeline:

I got membership to the Consortium, but no money. They said no money to waitlisters... :?

Either way, congrats. You are second person I heard of to get membership after WL. It is good to know that I may still get that too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that I sent in a note today cancelling my admission to Darden (I had deposited in Round 1). This is a bittersweet decision for me because I really loved Darden and the people I met, but was accepted to Yale round 2 and it just felt like the right decision for me to go there.

Hopefully my decision helps create some waitlist movement! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that I sent in a note today cancelling my admission to Darden (I had deposited in Round 1). This is a bittersweet decision for me because I really loved Darden and the people I met, but was accepted to Yale round 2 and it just felt like the right decision for me to go there.

Hopefully my decision helps create some waitlist movement! Good luck!

Congrats on making that decision. I know it is hard one for a lot of people to make, but it has to be done. Hopefully, I can get your slot :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MassApplyer wrote:
eyjose wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:

Here's my timeline:

I'm in too! Got the call today
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I'm also in as of yesterday through the Consortium, wooo!

Congrats everyone :) I took the same path of correspondence and feedback as a poster above coincidentally, I was very impressed with Darden's adcom committee and how helpful they have been through the entire WL process. I can't say the same for a few other schools I got WL-ed at.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts