Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
BuilderSF wrote:
michanchou wrote:
Ok I think this is a decent time to start voicing our panic here... anyone care to venture the schedule of calls by region?
I'll start by guessing that the average phone call takes 4 minutes and there are 180 calls for a round 12 hours. Add a 2 hour break throughout the day and you have a nice 14 hour stretch. Does this sound reasonable?

Sounds good to me. Do we know if the calls start on Tuesday or on Wednesday up to the 5pm decision deadline? Also, where are you located? I'm a West Coaster so will probably be hearing last (if I get a call at all)....yikes, that will be a very stressful 24 hours...

I read somewhere or heard that calls go out on the day before the change of status so all calls should be done by Tuesday evening. Can anyone contribute from previous experience or previous threads? I'm from the Middle east so any call would have to come between 8 AM and noon West coast time. I'm just not sure if it's on the 25th or the 26th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Based on previous years, the bulk of the calls will be made on the 26th pacific time. Derrick Bolton pulls an all-nighter and starts calling East Asia time zones in the wee hours of the 26th pacific time. These will continue and move west until about 8p pacific time. There's a chance that some East Asia applicants will hear in their morning of the 27th their time as he wraps around. He typically doesn't call after 8p in the local time zone. The notification email (or update in AY) will likely be sometime in the morning of the 27th pacific time. It is usually available well before the 5p pacific time listed.

All admits will receive a call (or voicemail) before the notification emails are sent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ok, then based on the new info, here's what I'm expecting in terms of calls to the different regions: (all in Cali time)

3 or 4-7AM: calls to asian admits
7-10AM: europe, middle east, africa (includes a breakfast break)
10-11AM: latin america
11AM-7PM: US (includes a lunch break)
next day 1 hour for some candidates in asia

keep your phones on...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Let the countdown begins
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
While some people have said that Stanford will continue to send invites for interviews till 27th it really seems unlikely to me. I am counting myself as dinged especially since I am an international applicant and I think that getting an alum to interview and send his feedback to the team in the next 2 days and then incorporating the score to my application, seems a little stretched to me. Let me wait for my other results :)

To all others in the group - Thanks a lot for sharing information. Best of luck to all for the results!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
michanchou wrote:
Ok I think this is a decent time to start voicing our panic here... anyone care to venture the schedule of calls by region?
I'll start by guessing that the average phone call takes 4 minutes and there are 180 calls for a round 12 hours. Add a 2 hour break throughout the day and you have a nice 14 hour stretch. Does this sound reasonable?

May be multiple people make the calls :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
himanshubt wrote:
While some people have said that Stanford will continue to send invites for interviews till 27th it really seems unlikely to me. I am counting myself as dinged especially since I am an international applicant and I think that getting an alum to interview and send his feedback to the team in the next 2 days and then incorporating the score to my application, seems a little stretched to me. Let me wait for my other results :)

To all others in the group - Thanks a lot for sharing information. Best of luck to all for the results!

Yeah, my little flicker of hope is totally gone too. I did get an admit from Kellogg last week, but I really thought I was the best fit for Stanford and am so disappointed at not even being given an interview that I'm finding it hard to take comfort in that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
dzcz wrote:
himanshubt wrote:

Yeah, my little flicker of hope is totally gone too. I did get an admit from Kellogg last week, but I really thought I was the best fit for Stanford and am so disappointed at not even being given an interview that I'm finding it hard to take comfort in that!

You're in good company. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
ha ok now im starting to get nervous... fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I've just got an admit call from Stanford! They've stared to communicate results.
I'm R2 applicant based in Eastern Europe

Good luck to all of you guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hey guys, I am an applicant from Eastern Asia here. I am so excited. I just got my GSB admit call as well :) Good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
dequha wrote:
Hey guys, I am an applicant from Eastern Asia here. I am so excited. I just got my GSB admit call as well :) Good luck to you all!

Me too!

I was so excited that when he was telling me all the important dates to remember I just completely spaced. Did either of you catch when admit weekend is?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V48
Send PM
dequha wrote:

dequha, congrats!

Did you status change prior the call?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Catatonic wrote:
dequha wrote:

Me too!

I was so excited that when he was telling me all the important dates to remember I just completely spaced. Did either of you catch when admit weekend is?

Yeah, he said that it was on the 28th/29th of April, I completely spaced out as well. I hope that I didn't sound too much like an idiot ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Caesar86 wrote:
dequha wrote:

dequha, congrats!

Thanks

Hi Caesar, my status still says that "Your application is currently under review", I guess that it will only change on the 27th. Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
dequha wrote:
Caesar86 wrote:
dequha wrote:

dequha, congrats!

Thanks

Hi Caesar, my status still says that "Your application is currently under review", I guess that it will only change on the 27th. Good luck to you!

Same here. Guess they figured out that quirk in their system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V48
Send PM
dequha wrote:
Caesar86 wrote:
dequha wrote:

dequha, congrats!

Thanks

Thanks for checking guys... No idea why but I am already in pre dinged mood..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts