Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
CobraKai wrote:
Tuck Admissions on BTG wrote:
All waitlist candidates should have received an email explaining what to expect from the process. Tuck does not reevaluate WL candidates by round. Instead, the WL is reviewed at the end of the admissions cycle (typically late May through June and early July). If you have requested feedback in writing and have not received any, please email us at tuck.admissions@tuck.dartmouth.edu to let us know (please also be sure to check your junk/SPAM folders before emailing to ensure an email from Admissions didn't end up there).

After reading the bold, italicized, underlined part, I decided to send an email. This is the response I got:

email from Tuck Admissions wrote:
Dear XXXXXXX,

To receive Waitlist feedback you should send a request to tuck.waitlist@dartmouth.edu .
The post you read on Beat the GMAT stated “All waitlist candidates should have received an email explaining what to expect from the process. “
The actual feedback will be conducted as soon as the Admissions Committee can review your file. Please keep in mind that we have a large number of candidates who have requested feedback and we still have another application round to complete.

A member of the Admissions Committee will contact you as soon as possible and give you your feedback via email.

So the moral of the story is: wait.

This whole process is quite frustrating. I got the same response. *sigh* After a Darden and Booth ding, then getting chopped from the Yale WL in the last 2 weeks I am really starting to feel the pressure to somehow make it in to Tuck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Quote:
This whole process is quite frustrating. I got the same response. *sigh* After a Darden and Booth ding, then getting chopped from the Yale WL in the last 2 weeks I am really starting to feel the pressure to somehow make it in to Tuck!

Amen! Tuck must have room for all of us on GMATClub! Everyone else can be declined. Kthxbai.
Director
Director
Send PM
Got feedback today - it was the "there's nothing specific to work on feedback" which I basically just means I just wasn't quite as impressive as some other applicants. Oh well, at least there weren't any glaring weaknesses in my profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Ha. Well I reread through my application and absolutely hung my head in shame. The number of typos is ridiculous and I'm happy to just get WL with what I submitted. Ohh man what time pressures do to people.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
CobraKai wrote:
Got feedback today - it was the "there's nothing specific to work on feedback" which I basically just means I just wasn't quite as impressive as some other applicants. Oh well, at least there weren't any glaring weaknesses in my profile.

Not to blow smoke up your behind, specially because I don't know you, but witnessing your ideas, comments and honest desire to help other folks around here ever since I first began reading posts in GmatClub, I'd say that feedback is not a reflection of you not being quite as impressive as other applicants, rather than your application maybe not standing out as much as it could. I'm sure (and being accepted at Johnson and waitlisted at Tuck proves that) that you are just as impressive as a lot of guys who got in. The details that set you (and me, for that matter) apart surely have nothing to do with you, but with whoever was reading and evaluating your application.
I see in your posts that you really want to go to Tuck (as do I), and I really hope to read a celebratory post from you in the near future.
Best,
bizwiz
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:

I got the same feedback. Funny thing is that I got a 620 on GMAT. haha.
Director
Director
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

Not to blow smoke up your behind, specially because I don't know you, but witnessing your ideas, comments and honest desire to help other folks around here ever since I first began reading posts in GmatClub, I'd say that feedback is not a reflection of you not being quite as impressive as other applicants, rather than your application maybe not standing out as much as it could. I'm sure (and being accepted at Johnson and waitlisted at Tuck proves that) that you are just as impressive as a lot of guys who got in. The details that set you (and me, for that matter) apart surely have nothing to do with you, but with whoever was reading and evaluating your application.
I see in your posts that you really want to go to Tuck (as do I), and I really hope to read a celebratory post from you in the near future.
Best,
bizwiz

Thanks for the sentiments, and I agree with you. At the end of the day, I didn't present my case as well as others did. Best of luck to you on the WL as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
riverfish wrote:
Ha. Well I reread through my application and absolutely hung my head in shame. The number of typos is ridiculous and I'm happy to just get WL with what I submitted. Ohh man what time pressures do to people.

Haha I feel the same way when I look at my essays. Tuck was my first one and it definitely shows.
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
I emailed and asked about feedback and was told that feedback notes started going out last week, and everyone who requested it should get feedback soon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I got my feedback too. Same as everyone, nothing specific to address. Is anyone sending additional materials or updates even though you were told there were no major issues?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Add me to the nothing specific list.
Director
Director
Send PM
WhyIAm wrote:
I got my feedback too. Same as everyone, nothing specific to address. Is anyone sending additional materials or updates even though you were told there were no major issues?

I had sent them updates about some courses I took and an award I got. Even if they don't have anything "specific" I don't think it'll hurt to give them substantial updates (i.e. award, promotion, leadership position in an extracurricular), because if nothing else, it shows you're still interested in Tuck and that you're doing something with your time before B-school starts in the fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
kschmidt1801 wrote:
Add me to the nothing specific list.

WhyIAm/kschmidt -- were you guys January Rd WL candidates?
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
WhyIAm wrote:

I haven't gotten my feedback yet, but I sent them an additional essay about a month ago. I was waitlisted in the Nov round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Did anyone else notice that the Tuck status of our friend @kingfalcon, who was waitlisted in the November Round, changed to accepted at Tuck? He said in this thread that he withdrew his application at Tuck, but unless this sudden change is a mistake, something might have happened there.
kingfalcon, throw us a bone here, please, tell us what happened!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
I just got my WL feedback from Tuck (Jan round).

"...there is room for improvement regarding your GMAT score. Due to the strength of the candidates this year, your GMAT was not as competitive as other applicants"

I was planning on retaking for applying again next year, so who knows, maybe I'll do better and get lucky!
Director
Director
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the Tuck status of our friend @kingfalcon, who was waitlisted in the November Round, changed to accepted at Tuck? He said in this thread that he withdrew his application at Tuck, but unless this sudden change is a mistake, something might have happened there.
kingfalcon, throw us a bone here, please, tell us what happened!

That was a mistake - kingfalcon was never WL'd. He got accepted in the November round and then decided to attend Sloan (after much deliberation).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts