Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone received the admit package in the mail? What does it contain? Just curious! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys, needed some financial aid advice. I was fortunate enough to be admitted into Wharton (with ~40% tuition fellowship) and into HBS. From what I can understand, even if I apply for fin aid at HBS right away I won't hear back 3-5 weeks - is that accurate? I am very much leaning toward HBS but am worried because there is a significant amount of $$ involved and Wharton is also actually a great fit for me. Any idea how I can navigate this situation and figure out how to compare my full financial package at both schools - would you suggest I speak with the fin aid office and see what can be done?

Would really appreciate any thoughts!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GRE 1: Q800 V770
Send PM
ps97 wrote:
Hi guys, needed some financial aid advice. I was fortunate enough to be admitted into Wharton (with ~40% tuition fellowship) and into HBS. From what I can understand, even if I apply for fin aid at HBS right away I won't hear back 3-5 weeks - is that accurate? I am very much leaning toward HBS but am worried because there is a significant amount of $$ involved and Wharton is also actually a great fit for me. Any idea how I can navigate this situation and figure out how to compare my full financial package at both schools - would you suggest I speak with the fin aid office and see what can be done?

Whether you are choosing Wharton or HBS, please, notify Sloan today (before the decision release date) that you are no longer interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
ps97 wrote:

Hey there,
it depends, you can hear from FinAid office sooner - in 1.5-2 weeks. But it was in R1, not sure about their workload right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
ps97 wrote:

Hey,

Just go give you a rough idea, if you made ~$65K/year (gross) on average over the last 3 years, you will get somewhere around $25-30K/year in HBS Fellowships. This is a general rule of thumb and will differ (drastically in some cases) for different people. However, if your circumstances are not extremely unique, I think it is safe to expect this range.

This turns out to be more than 50% of tuition each year. Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:
Has anyone received the admit package in the mail? What does it contain? Just curious! :-D

Just the offer letter and a black binder with a notepad...classy, isnt it?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KillerApp wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks! I haven't gotten it yet! I was just curious, I'm also sort of waiting to receive the official letter before I turn down my other acceptances. I heard somewhere that the only binding document is the physical letter not the online one. I guess I'm still internalizing my acceptance; it still feels unreal. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:
KillerApp wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Thanks! I haven't gotten it yet! I was just curious, I'm also sort of waiting to receive the official letter before I turn down my other acceptances. I heard somewhere that the only binding document is the physical letter not the online one. I guess I'm still internalizing my acceptance; it still feels unreal. :)

Trust me, it continues to feel unreal after you get the physical letter and binder :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hunterashmore wrote:
Trust me, it continues to feel unreal after you get the physical letter and binder :)

I wonder then if that feeling continues until the first day of class, or if it still seems unreal until you graduate! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Has anybody submitted the Employment verification form to Re Vera ? Do you receive an email from them acknowledging the receipt of payment ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
query007 wrote:
Has anybody submitted the Employment verification form to Re Vera ? Do you receive an email from them acknowledging the receipt of payment ?

I submitted it yesterday, yet I have received no email confirmation yet.
Manager
Manager
bluegmat700 wrote:
query007 wrote:

Thanks.

Can any R1 admits shed some light on what happens with Employment verification after the form is submitted ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
query007 wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
query007 wrote:

Thanks.

Can any R1 admits shed some light on what happens with Employment verification after the form is submitted ?

Unless there is some additional information that Re Vera need from you (in which case they will contact you by email) they will just do a background check on you and you should see a check mark on your checklist within 3-4 weeks. Nothing big to worry about..
Manager
Manager
KillerApp wrote:

Unless there is some additional information that Re Vera need from you (in which case they will contact you by email) they will just do a background check on you and you should see a check mark on your checklist within 3-4 weeks. Nothing big to worry about..

Thanks KillerApp..

But do they send a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of payment and the forms (HBS prematriculation website says they will) ? I just want to make sure that they have gotten my docs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi query007,

R1er here. Congrats on your admission!

Re Vera should contact you within the next few days to confirm the reception of your authorization form, and maybe a couple of times after that in case they need more info on a job or an internship. They did not confirm the payment to me. I also got a notification once the process was complete and it took HBS a couple of weeks to check the box on the prematric site.

So really nothing to lose sleep over :wink:
Manager
Manager
Jaxounet wrote:
Hi query007,

R1er here. Congrats on your admission!

Re Vera should contact you within the next few days to confirm the reception of your authorization form, and maybe a couple of times after that in case they need more info on a job or an internship. They did not confirm the payment to me. I also got a notification once the process was complete and it took HBS a couple of weeks to check the box on the prematric site.

So really nothing to lose sleep over :wink:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know whether HBS will contact recommenders for background / credit check? One of my recommenders can't speak very good English so need to warm him up if they do.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts