Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 12:33 It is currently 06 May 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink]
dimstone wrote:
Good day to everybody!

I'am also applying to MBF and Writing the motivation letter now...

In CV form is written:
"In order for the information you provided in this CV to be assessed for your application, please provide supporting documentation for each item. All supporting documentation must be numbered and be listed with the corresponding number in the Appendices section below."

It will be impossible to provide documents to support extracurricular activities ( course leader, some volonteer work)?
Did anybody encounter the same problem?

And which kind of documents did you provide to support your work experience?

Thank you an advance!

Hi dimstone, if it helps, I did not provide proof for things I put in my CV ;) It's just not practical. But that does not mean your CV can be made up of imaginary stuff :D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My application status has changed to 'zugelassen mit vorbehalt'. I guess I am admited :D Hurray! ^_^
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations coolair!! Tell me your exact name on facebook so that I can invite you to the mbf group! I am looking forward to meet you in st gallen!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats to the ones who got admitted.
I will complete my application next week. Hope I will receive the answer in June.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
betzlain wrote:
@ foars
Good luck for the upcoming GMAT, stay motivated :) !!
I got a 710 in my first attempt and was not admitted before april.

Hi betzlain. Can you provide more information about your background (GPA, Extracurricular activities...). I'm worried about my GPA and don't know how they will convert my score to 6-scale.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hei guys,

I am applying as well this year... I just wanted to say that my friend received an unofficial admission confirmation as well. So hopefully, more will be coming out soon... Though I am not sure as the application deadline is at the end of April.

By any chance, do you know what criteria you have fulfill in order to have a serious chance for a fellowship?

Thx

P.S. Should I be worried if I submitted the application at the end of Feb and still haven't heard a word? I got 170 in GRE-Q and have the best class average while working full-time... I just thought that the decisions will not be out until the application deadline is over... It kind of got me worried reading so many people already received admission confirmation...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
koudelt wrote:
Hei guys,

I am applying as well this year... I just wanted to say that my friend received an unofficial admission confirmation as well. So hopefully, more will be coming out soon... Though I am not sure as the application deadline is at the end of April.

By any chance, do you know what criteria you have fulfill in order to have a serious chance for a fellowship?

Thx

P.S. Should I be worried if I submitted the application at the end of Feb and still haven't heard a word? I got 170 in GRE-Q and have the best class average while working full-time... I just thought that the decisions will not be out until the application deadline is over... It kind of got me worried reading so many people already received admission confirmation...

Just be patient. It doesn't mean that you are likely to fail (especially with your maximum score in GRE criteria).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, do you know if the motivation letter is to be submitted with the HSG template?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rand91 wrote:
Hey guys, do you know if the motivation letter is to be submitted with the HSG template?

Hi Rand91, what do you mean by "template"? I just directly fill in the file download on HSG's website :-D
Have you submitted your application? I apply a bit late and my status is formally complete now. Hope I will get the result soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vaskobg wrote:
My status just changed from "formall vollständig" to "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" ! :) I guess I will see you there!

Congratulations!

When the status changed did you receive any notification by email or do I have to continue checking HSG's webpage?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
koudelt wrote:
vaskobg wrote:

Congratulations!

When the status changed did you receive any notification by email or do I have to continue checking HSG's webpage?

Thanks!
Unfortunately absolutely no notifications, you must keep checking your status manually on serviceportal. unisg.ch/base.aspx , best of luck! ;)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?
And, we do have to provide evidence of German A1 before we graduate. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quoctuams wrote:
I have received the admission letter from HSG and invoice for the first semester :D
My supplementary courses include Research method, finance, macroecon II and european economic law. How about you guys?

Congratulations, im sure you wont have any problems with the supplementary courses. I applied at 8/4 and still no answer, how long did they do to give u an answer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:

Congratulations, im sure you wont have any problems with the supplementary courses. I applied at 8/4 and still no answer, how long did they do to give u an answer?

I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
Finally I received the admission letter yesterday.
HTH
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quoctuams wrote:
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:

I applied in early March and after 2 weeks my status changed to "materielle Prüfung II ok". Then it was changed again to "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt" in mid April :)
HTH

Again congratz! Does materialle prufung II ok means that u got accepted? i dont speak any German at all and i cant find an explanation in english. I am a bit concerned that my status hasn't changed yet. Its been 3 weeks since i applied... :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kostaspamp wrote:
quoctuams wrote:
kostaspamp wrote:
HTH

Again congratz! Does materialle prufung II ok means that u got accepted? i dont speak any German at all and i cant find an explanation in english. I am a bit concerned that my status hasn't changed yet. Its been 3 weeks since i applied... :(

I believe "Materialle prufung II ok" means your documents have been transfered from HSG adcom to MBF adcom. Maybe the reason your status hasnt changed yet is that there are 2 application rounds (1 for those applied before April and 1 for those applied after that). I guess all application received after April will be reviewed together and HSG will announce the result in May-June.
Just my guess :D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts