Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2013 intake [#permalink]
WinnieT wrote:
@koudelt
Sorry to hear that..Probably something wrong with the system?
I submitted most of the documents on the 29th April except 2 which I couldn't upload so I called them on the 30th April and emailed the 2 documents via email. I got a 'formal complete' on the 2nd of May and a saw that it changed to 'materielle Prüfung II' yesterday..

Well, I emailed them last Monday to see if everything was ok and they just told me to be patient and wait... So I guess the system is just fine...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm still waiting for the results, I applied only on the 28th of April. When do you think I'll receive an answer?

And the most important thing: how do they decide whether people have to do supplementary work? I'll be having a Bachelor in Finance in June, from Bocconi University. Do you think I'll need to do hard supplementary stuff?

Thank you and good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi~ I checked my online status several hours ago and it has changed to 'zugelassen mit Vorbehalt', I guess the formal admission letter will be sent when I submit my undergraduate degree. Up to now, I haven't received any e-mail concerning the admission decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ AlbertJiang
Congrats to your admission! You will receive a formal admission letter, but it took mine about two weeks at least until it arrived!
Tell me your fb nick or fb email address so that I can add you to the fb group HSG Master Banking and Finance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
WinnieT wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I submitted my applications last minute on 30th April and my status is materielle Prüfung II ok..
Eagerly waiting for the acceptance. Hope to see you guys there!

wow, I submitted 1 week earlier than you did but my status is still formally complete :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
eduardmelli wrote:
Hi guys,
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm still waiting for the results, I applied only on the 28th of April. When do you think I'll receive an answer?

And the most important thing: how do they decide whether people have to do supplementary work? I'll be having a Bachelor in Finance in June, from Bocconi University. Do you think I'll need to do hard supplementary stuff?

Thank you and good luck

The decision is based on your undergraduate subjects and the core subjects of Economics and Business Administration majors at HSG :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
I received offer via email from HSG on April 25th, but haven't received the physical one by mail yet. Should I be worried? =_=

And to add some infos to Mon Sama post, the following points are extracted from HSG admission rules:

Quote:
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in the same subject: allocation to basket A (same subject as a
Bachelor’s degree from the HSG) is only possible if the degree has been obtained from a CEMS
university or one of a selection of partner universities, and if evidence of work amounting to a
minimum of 120 credits from all four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels
of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 60 to 90 credits
• Economics: 15 to 25 credits
• Law: 15 to 25 credits
• Statistics/Mathematics: 10 to 20 credits
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject according to type B: allocation to basket B
is possible if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 90 credits from three out of four core
areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 45 to 90 credits (with a minimum of 45 credits)
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a partially similar subject according to type C: allocation to
basket C is effected if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 60 credits from two out of
four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 30 to 60 credits (with a minimum of 30 credits)
Applicants who hold a Master’s degree in a different major and applicants who hold a HSG
Bachelor's degree in a different major are allocated to basket C. HSG students who change majors/programmes are able to have HSG courses credited to them.
Work done extramurally cannot be credited in baskets B and C.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quoctuams wrote:
I received offer via email from HSG on April 25th, but haven't received the physical one by mail yet. Should I be worried? =_=

And to add some infos to Mon Sama post, the following points are extracted from HSG admission rules:

Quote:
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in the same subject: allocation to basket A (same subject as a
Bachelor’s degree from the HSG) is only possible if the degree has been obtained from a CEMS
university or one of a selection of partner universities, and if evidence of work amounting to a
minimum of 120 credits from all four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels
of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 60 to 90 credits
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject according to type B: allocation to basket B
is possible if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 90 credits from three out of four core
areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 45 to 90 credits (with a minimum of 45 credits)
Definition of the Bachelor’s degree in a partially similar subject according to type C: allocation to
basket C is effected if evidence of work amounting to a minimum of 60 credits from two out of
four core areas can be provided. Minimum and maximum levels of core subjects:
• Business Administration: 30 to 60 credits (with a minimum of 30 credits)
Applicants who hold a Master’s degree in a different major and applicants who hold a HSG
Bachelor's degree in a different major are allocated to basket C. HSG students who change majors/programmes are able to have HSG courses credited to them.
Work done extramurally cannot be credited in baskets B and C.

You should ask HSG whether they sent physical letter since sending via normal airmail often take only 10 to 15 days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quoctuams wrote:

Quote:

Was there any information regarding supplementary work in your e-mail admission letter?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vaskobg wrote:
quoctuams wrote:

Quote:

Was there any information regarding supplementary work in your e-mail admission letter?

Yes, there was. I have to take 4 supplementary courses and pass them by the end of first year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AlbertJiang wrote:
Hi~ I checked my online status several hours ago and it has changed to 'zugelassen mit Vorbehalt', I guess the formal admission letter will be sent when I submit my undergraduate degree. Up to now, I haven't received any e-mail concerning the admission decision.

Congratulations! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WinnieT wrote:
AlbertJiang wrote:

Congratulations! :-D

Thank you~ and hope we will meet in St. Gallen this September!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I finally submited my documents on the last day (30th april) and still have "formal vollständig". Technically I could be admitted directly since I got a GRE 170 Q and have a GPA of 5.3/6.0... For some reason though nothing for the moment. I sure hope I will have some news soon !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jeremystaub28 wrote:
I finally submited my documents on the last day (30th april) and still have "formal vollständig". Technically I could be admitted directly since I got a GRE 170 Q and have a GPA of 5.3/6.0... For some reason though nothing for the moment. I sure hope I will have some news soon !

Hei Jeremy,

I submitted my application in early March and I only received "materielle prufung II ok" (or however it is written) last friday and still do not have admission confirmed though my situation is similar to yours - GRE Q170 and GPA somewhere between 5.5-6 (depending on classes considered, different grading system in my country). I am explaining the situation to myself by the fact that we are probably being considered for the fellowship and that is why it takes so much time...

See u in the fall ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My status was changed to zugelassen mit Vorbehalt this morning! :) I didn't get any email yet though. How long does it take for a formal acceptance email to follow?

Thank you in advance and good luck, everyone :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congraz WinnieT :D
In my case, the official notification email came about 1 week after the status changed.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Congratulations! Mine came in the same day. And I received the physical acceptance letter about 4 weeks after.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts