Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:42 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Shashank: Sharma
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Kaplan Test Scores [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Shashank8888 wrote:
Hey Buddy,

Scored a 710 :? on GMAT as well..

Congratulations! I'm glad our tests gave an accurate prediction of your score, but more important, I'm glad to hear you did so well on the test. Well done!

Best,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Eli,

Well Kaplan's tests proved to be very accurate in my case. In fact out of all the sources I used to prepare for the test, I found your I.R section closest to the real thing.
It seems that in current algorithm, Kaplan believes in testing us on very difficult questions and then marking very leniently, eventually both the factors balance out and you score close to what you might get in the real thing. I found this strategy very helpful as spending 3 hr on such high level questions really helps to build ones stamina.

Its nice to know that you feel that I preformed well, but given my background(Indian, male, engineer), I'm quite disappointed with my score. I Scored 730 & 740 in the Gmatprep and was really hoping to score in that range in the real test. Anyways, thanks a lot, will be applying to 7-8 colleges (ranked between 15 & 30) and see if I could get an admit(with some scholarship)..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.52
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello!

2 months ago I was scoring 630-650 on GMAT Prep test, and then after some practice I scored 720 on a Kaplan Test 1 also known as the Kaplan diagnostic Test.

Score: IR (need to do more of IR)| Quant 51 (Geometry was weak) & Verbal 26 (My accuracy in SC was 75%, while around 35 - 45 for CR & RC. Ironically, when I am practicing my accuracy for Cr is 90% while for RC is 65% and for SC is 70%.)

Now, I would like whether this diagnostic test is a good indication of me crossing 730 or not?

Also, I have done OG-13, V & Q Reviews, all Manhattan Guides, Kaplan Verbal Workbook, IVY Gmat Score 700-800 Math problems and I am now doing Kaplan Math Workbook & Kaplan Score 800, is there any thing else that you can suggest for Verbals?

I am on leave till my GMAT date, which is on 20th Dec'13. I will be focusing on revision from 5th-10th Dec and would be giving mock tests every alt day from 11th December to 18th Dec, which means I just have 8 days to reconstruct my weaker areas.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Shashank8888 wrote:
Surfing through the net, I found various articles regarding how difficult the Kaplan tests were and that one generally scores 50-60 more in the real thing.
But all those post are from 2008-2009 forum discussion.

But I feel that kaplan has changed its algorithm, and its scores seems to be more realistic now. Strangely I couldn't find any such discussion on Kaplan Test and how accurate its scores are after this change.

I also want to add that I feel like Kaplan changed its algorithm. In my case, I have found myself scoring higher on Kaplan than GMATPrep and CATs from other companies.

I was frustrated that I couldn't find any recent discussions on this topic (I guess I missed this one some how).
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
kunal.daga wrote:
Hello!

2 months ago I was scoring 630-650 on GMAT Prep test, and then after some practice I scored 720 on a Kaplan Test 1 also known as the Kaplan diagnostic Test.

Score: IR (need to do more of IR)| Quant 51 (Geometry was weak) & Verbal 26 (My accuracy in SC was 75%, while around 35 - 45 for CR & RC. Ironically, when I am practicing my accuracy for Cr is 90% while for RC is 65% and for SC is 70%.)

Now, I would like whether this diagnostic test is a good indication of me crossing 730 or not?

Also, I have done OG-13, V & Q Reviews, all Manhattan Guides, Kaplan Verbal Workbook, IVY Gmat Score 700-800 Math problems and I am now doing Kaplan Math Workbook & Kaplan Score 800, is there any thing else that you can suggest for Verbals?

I am on leave till my GMAT date, which is on 20th Dec'13. I will be focusing on revision from 5th-10th Dec and would be giving mock tests every alt day from 11th December to 18th Dec, which means I just have 8 days to reconstruct my weaker areas.

Check this out kaplan-157/ full of kaplan score discussions, they have changed their algorithm but i have heard few people saying they are pretty accurate now, atleast the scoring.

farful wrote:
Shashank8888 wrote:
Surfing through the net, I found various articles regarding how difficult the Kaplan tests were and that one generally scores 50-60 more in the real thing.
But all those post are from 2008-2009 forum discussion.

But I feel that kaplan has changed its algorithm, and its scores seems to be more realistic now. Strangely I couldn't find any such discussion on Kaplan Test and how accurate its scores are after this change.

I also want to add that I feel like Kaplan changed its algorithm. In my case, I have found myself scoring higher on Kaplan than GMATPrep and CATs from other companies.

I was frustrated that I couldn't find any recent discussions on this topic (I guess I missed this one some how).
GMAT Club Bot