Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:24 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GRE 1: Q168 V158
GPA: 2.47
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink]
Congrats! I got in to Mendoza on ED so I haven't had to worry about news since the end of October. Certainly made the holidays that much easier.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Yeah does seem like this thread has been a lot less active than in previous years...

Since I submitted my apps for R2 I haven't had too much news yet, but on the 17th I did get an invitation to interview for Ross!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
JasonDelta wrote:
Yeah does seem like this thread has been a lot less active than in previous years...

Since I submitted my apps for R2 I haven't had too much news yet, but on the 17th I did get an invitation to interview for Ross!

Congrats on the interview invite! I also received an invite for R2 admissions. How are you going to interview? On campus, Alumni, or Skype? I signed up for an on campus interview on the 24th of Feb but I'm considering changing it to Alumni or Skype. What do you think?
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
JLong145 wrote:
JasonDelta wrote:

Congrats on the interview invite! I also received an invite for R2 admissions. How are you going to interview? On campus, Alumni, or Skype? I signed up for an on campus interview on the 24th of Feb but I'm considering changing it to Alumni or Skype. What do you think?

In general, you want to interview on campus whenever you've got the cash and leave days to make it possible--especially if you haven't already visited the campus. Think about it--would you sign a 2-year lease on an apartment without setting foot in it first?

I know schools say that AdComs place no distinction between on/off campus interviews, but taking the time to visit shows your interest in the school and gives you a chance to sit in on classes, meet with students, and assess how well you'd fit there--which should give you some more stuff to talk about in the interview itself. Also, with on-campus you're less likely to get curveball questions or an inexperienced interviewer since you'll likely be working with someone who does plenty of them.

If on-campus isn't an option, I would absolutely choose alumni over Skype. I can't think of a good reason to do a Skype interview unless you're in Afghanistan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great feedback. I figured as much, but it feels good to hear someone else say it to confirm. Guess I'm flying to Michigan!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
Congrats! Interviewing on campus also lets you connect with the Veterans clubs, and they typically give you a candid assessment of the school instead of sitting through the normal dog-and-pony show session.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Since R2 interview invites are going out, I wanted to drop a blatant bit of self-promotion reminder that MilitaryToBusiness offers interview prep on an a la carte basis for military applicants who aren't already full-scale clients of ours. You'll get 2+ hours of one-on-one attention that includes interview strategy, a mock interview, and detailed feedback on your performance. You'll also get our 10-page interview prep guide and access to 113 pages of applicant AARs from interviews at pretty much every top 30 school. And our prices are very competitive relative to what you'd pay for other admissions consultants.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
JLong145 wrote:
JasonDelta wrote:

Congrats to you as well! I definitely understand the advice to interview on-campus, but I opted for an off-campus interview. I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for my terminal leave, so I can't really afford too many extra leave days. I also checked that Ross's admit day is before the deposit due date, so I'll have an opportunity to see Ann Arbor/campus/etc before making the final decision.

Unfortunately I won't have the same option for Darden, since they only do on-campus interviews - just got a R2 invite to interview from them today! Wasn't expecting to hear from them so soon :shock:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JasonDelta wrote:
JLong145 wrote:
JasonDelta wrote:

Congrats to you as well! I definitely understand the advice to interview on-campus, but I opted for an off-campus interview. I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for my terminal leave, so I can't really afford too many extra leave days. I also checked that Ross's admit day is before the deposit due date, so I'll have an opportunity to see Ann Arbor/campus/etc before making the final decision.

Unfortunately I won't have the same option for Darden, since they only do on-campus interviews - just got a R2 invite to interview from them today! Wasn't expecting to hear from them so soon :shock:

I wasn't either. I also got an invite from Darden. I'll be heading up there on the 17th and Michigan on the 24th. I'm hurting on my ETS days too but my unit is pretty supportive and are just giving me 4 day passes to head up there each weekend.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Gents-
Congrats to everyone. I have been accepted to Owen, should be hearing back from Goizueta soon (applied to both in November), and then in Round 2 I applied to Yale SOM, Darden, Kellogg.
I understand that I am being ambitious because my GMAT is on the low end. I saw in the thread here that some people had received admissions invitations from Darden...if I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted my Round 2 application, should I take that as a sign that I'm a no go there? Or could they just not have gotten to mine?
I am retaking the GMAT this coming Saturday, so fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.82
Send PM
SBK1986 wrote:
Gents-
Congrats to everyone. I have been accepted to Owen, should be hearing back from Goizueta soon (applied to both in November), and then in Round 2 I applied to Yale SOM, Darden, Kellogg.
I understand that I am being ambitious because my GMAT is on the low end. I saw in the thread here that some people had received admissions invitations from Darden...if I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted my Round 2 application, should I take that as a sign that I'm a no go there? Or could they just not have gotten to mine?
I am retaking the GMAT this coming Saturday, so fingers crossed.

I'm still waiting on Darden as well...based on the last round, I think invites will continue to be sent out through mid-Feb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '15 (M)
GRE 1: Q151 V154

GRE 2: Q156 V160

GRE 3: Q156 V162
GPA: 3.07
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
If anyone is interested in MIT-Sloan, we will be having a prospective students day for Veterans only on April 17th (Easter is on Sunday April 20th, Patriots Day is April 21st). Current and former Sloanie Vets and admissions representatives will be available for you to talk to. There will also be a campus tour and a class visit. We will also have a cocktail hour later in the afternoon with plenty of first and second year Sloanie Vets. Hard times to follow, PM me if you are interested or have questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Has anyone (military candidates) who applied to Wharton received an interview invite yet?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
None of my Wharton R2 clients have heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Ok thanks for the information. I will keep hope alive then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '15 (M)
GRE 1: Q151 V154

GRE 2: Q156 V160

GRE 3: Q156 V162
GPA: 3.07
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MIT-Sloan cordially invites current and former military members to our Veteran's Ambassador Day on April 17th. The day will include a campus tour, classroom visit and a luncheon panel discussion. The panel will include:

1) Q and A with an Admissions and Financial Aid representative
2) Q and A with current and former Sloanie Vets
3) A civilian student's thoughts on the value of vets in the classroom
4) Q and A with Sloanie significant others

As the day approaches we will finalize the schedule, however you can expect to spend from 0930-1530 with us. There will also be a happy hour event. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. This is the link to sign up for the event.

https://register.applyyourself.com/?id= ... 4628&rid=1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I just finished my service with the Air Force and due to a few issues over a possible extension I'm not going to have my application material ready for this year. I was going to enroll at ASU and take some math/microeconomics/stats courses to bolster my incredibly unimpressive English degree in the meantime. Is it going to be an issue that I'll be out of the military for almost 18months by the time I'd be enrolling in 2015?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7