Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 06:59 It is currently 22 May 2024, 06:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  31   
Alum
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4340
Own Kudos [?]: 51533 [4]
Given Kudos: 2326
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Status:Can't wait for August!
Posts: 985
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Status:Yale SOM!
Posts: 1593
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Jul 2013
Status:Working on reaching 700th Heaven!
Affiliations: Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist at Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates
Posts: 12
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Location: United States (NC)
Education: Appalachian State University
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
GMAT Date: 06-30-2014
WE:Accounting (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
I have Stern as one of my options... Thought I have to take one thing at a time and focus on my GMAT first :-)

But good luck to everybody!
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 176
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Location: Thailand
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Might be in for R3 (traditional R2, i.e. January).
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hello everyone and good luck!

I'm thinking of applying in R2 as an international student (Stern's tip) but I was a bit concerned about whether I will need to commit any funds if I'm accepted. I wouldn't want something like that to happen since I will hear back from the rest of the schools I'm applying to in around March. Do you know if we have to secure our place by paying any fees upfront if we get accepted at Stern?

Thank you very much.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Jul 2013
Posts: 8
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
andriopgeo wrote:
Hello everyone and good luck!

I'm thinking of applying in R2 as an international student (Stern's tip) but I was a bit concerned about whether I will need to commit any funds if I'm accepted. I wouldn't want something like that to happen since I will hear back from the rest of the schools I'm applying to in around March. Do you know if we have to secure our place by paying any fees upfront if we get accepted at Stern?

Thank you very much.


I believe most of the schools have non-refundable deposit requirement if you decide to take the offer. However I don't know how many days would they give you to think whether to take it or not. Let's hope someone else can fill in the information. :)
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q770 V580
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
has anyone had problem with "work history" form?
the form is locked for editing (can't expand cells, etc), and i wrote pretty hefty on reason for leaving so it appears as cutoff.
Any suggestions?
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 72
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
I haven't had that issue, but you don't have to use their form. You can mimic their format and create your own in excel, which is what I did.

stihum wrote:
has anyone had problem with "work history" form?
the form is locked for editing (can't expand cells, etc), and i wrote pretty hefty on reason for leaving so it appears as cutoff.
Any suggestions?
Board of Directors
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Status:Yale SOM!
Posts: 1593
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jpd5044 wrote:
I haven't had that issue, but you don't have to use their form. You can mimic their format and create your own in excel, which is what I did.

stihum wrote:
has anyone had problem with "work history" form?
the form is locked for editing (can't expand cells, etc), and i wrote pretty hefty on reason for leaving so it appears as cutoff.
Any suggestions?


Yes, you can make your own version of the form for this and at least in past years, it was acceptable. If you're unsure though, definitely reach out to admissions. NYU's office is very receptive to questions.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: Q770 V580
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
jpd5044 wrote:
I haven't had that issue, but you don't have to use their form. You can mimic their format and create your own in excel, which is what I did.

stihum wrote:
has anyone had problem with "work history" form?
the form is locked for editing (can't expand cells, etc), and i wrote pretty hefty on reason for leaving so it appears as cutoff.
Any suggestions?


Yes, you can make your own version of the form for this and at least in past years, it was acceptable. If you're unsure though, definitely reach out to admissions. NYU's office is very receptive to questions.

Yes, I emailed adcom at sternmba@stern.nyu.edu on Monday, but no answer yet...
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi all,

Does Stern do rolling admissions within the round? Didn't see anything about this on the website but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
4 rounds...interesting...
I'm guessing R3 of Stern would be R2 of other schools that have 3 rounds?
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Posts: 142
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi all, I have two questions and would love to hear your views on them-
1) The app requires you to list other schools you are applying to. How does everyone plan to tackle this? Do you think it harms to list schools that are well above in the ranking?
2) For international applicants, what if you aren't able to commit that you will be able to showcase 100% of 1st year funds? Do you think it reflects on the admission decision?
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Any idea whether to split the number of words evenly between 1a,b,c? I only have about few lines for my post MBA goal. Not sure if I need to stretch/construct my story in such a way that the words are evenly distributed across all sections. What are you guys doing?
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Status:Applying
Posts: 68
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
FYI, for anyone who is looking to visit Stern, class visit schedule has been posted. Enjoy!
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 52
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Does anyone know when will the interviews happen? I understand that the Dec 15 date provided is the initial notification date.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 18
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi guys, would it be bad to apply in R3 this year? Altho it's pretty much same as R2 in the prior year.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 33
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Ronin7 wrote:
Does anyone know when will the interviews happen? I understand that the Dec 15 date provided is the initial notification date.


Also curious about this. Will interview invites begin to go out before Thanksgiving? Is it possible to postpone interviewing in NYC until January, even if you apply by the Oct 15 deadline?
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 76
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson - Class of 2016
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
1
Kudos
yoko182 wrote:
Ronin7 wrote:
Does anyone know when will the interviews happen? I understand that the Dec 15 date provided is the initial notification date.


Also curious about this. Will interview invites begin to go out before Thanksgiving? Is it possible to postpone interviewing in NYC until January, even if you apply by the Oct 15 deadline?


I would imagine that it is preferred to interview as soon as possible so you may receive a decision sooner. However, since they are stating that initial invitations to interview may not go out until December 15, I think interviewing in January would be fine.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Stern (NYU) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
 1   2   3  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts