Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
HI Team,

I have a small query. I have done my Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, where all courses were taught exclusively in English.
Do I still require to give a TOEFL/IELTS score?

Thanks,
Rohit
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
rohitk11 wrote:
HI Team,

I have a small query. I have done my Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, where all courses were taught exclusively in English.
Do I still require to give a TOEFL/IELTS score?

Thanks,
Rohit

Hi Rohit ,
Although the question was intended for Leizel , but let me share what I know - Yes, no need.
I think, IIT states the same(re exclusively in English) in transcripts also...

Just my two cents!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Thank you for the info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Leizel / INSEAD Admissions,

Thank you for reaching out to prospective applicants on this forum. I kindly would like to ask a few questions:

1) Fluent in Mandarin and Arabic, I am interested in taking part in both the CEIBS exchange and the Abu Dhabi module/campus exchange; is this possible? How many seats are there for each exchange? Are all student exchange demands granted?

To follow-up on Q1:
-> Can I take part in both exchanges in Q1 and attend both Singapore and France campuses?
-> Do I need to apply for a particular intake (Jan/Sept enrolment) in order to participate in particular exchanges?

2) I have heard that not all Wharton MBA/elective modules are open for INSEAD students on exchange. Is this true and is there a list of available modules we can consult?

3) Immediately after graduating from INSEAD with an MBA, is it common that those with only 1 year / 2 years pre-MBA experience end up doing Bachelor's level jobs instead of MBA-level jobs ?

Moreover, I am concerned about future career prospects: If I pursue an MBA at INSEAD with only 1 or 2 years' experience I am concerned I won't be able to find an MBA-level job after graduating as I have seen some MBA graduate/internship positions that require applicants to have at least 3 years' experience.

4) Can you comment on this and provide some statistics to show salaries and destinations pre-/post MBA (ideally showing MBA-level destinations/salaries of those who had only 1 and 2 years pre-MBA experience)?

5) How do recruiters (be them agencies or company HR personnel) view MBA grads with only 1 year pre-MBA experience? How about only 2 years' experience?

I hope I haven't asked too many questions but as you can imagine I am very eager on pursuing an INSEAD MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi again,

It's been almost a week since my last post so I was wondering if, maybe, Adcom are on leave for vacation or something similar.

So, if anyone (applicants/current students/alumni/recruiters) has answers/advice for my questions I would greatly appreciate them sharing them/it with us.

Many thanks in advance! :)
Send PM
multi wrote:
Dear Leizel / INSEAD Admissions,

Thank you for reaching out to prospective applicants on this forum. I kindly would like to ask a few questions:

1) Fluent in Mandarin and Arabic, I am interested in taking part in both the CEIBS exchange and the Abu Dhabi module/campus exchange; is this possible? How many seats are there for each exchange? Are all student exchange demands granted?

To follow-up on Q1:
-> Can I take part in both exchanges in Q1 and attend both Singapore and France campuses?
-> Do I need to apply for a particular intake (Jan/Sept enrolment) in order to participate in particular exchanges?

2) I have heard that not all Wharton MBA/elective modules are open for INSEAD students on exchange. Is this true and is there a list of available modules we can consult?

3) Immediately after graduating from INSEAD with an MBA, is it common that those with only 1 year / 2 years pre-MBA experience end up doing Bachelor's level jobs instead of MBA-level jobs ?

Moreover, I am concerned about future career prospects: If I pursue an MBA at INSEAD with only 1 or 2 years' experience I am concerned I won't be able to find an MBA-level job after graduating as I have seen some MBA graduate/internship positions that require applicants to have at least 3 years' experience.

4) Can you comment on this and provide some statistics to show salaries and destinations pre-/post MBA (ideally showing MBA-level destinations/salaries of those who had only 1 and 2 years pre-MBA experience)?

5) How do recruiters (be them agencies or company HR personnel) view MBA grads with only 1 year pre-MBA experience? How about only 2 years' experience?

I hope I haven't asked too many questions but as you can imagine I am very eager on pursuing an INSEAD MBA.

Hello,

Apologies for the delay, let me answer your questions all together. First of all, our MBA students have an average length of postgraduate work experience of 6 years. The selection process is very competitive so we highly encourage those with lesser work experience to apply only once their application package is as strong and as competitive as possible. The four admissions requirements that are carefully weighted and considered for the entire applicant pool are academic excellence, professional experience (minimum of 2 years of full-time postgraduate experience), ability to contribute to the INSEAD experience and international outlook. For more information on admissions requirements, I recommend that you read in detail at our homepage https://www.insead.edu/mba/admissions/requirements.cfm.

For admitted students, campus exchange in CEIBS is only open for those from January intake while the module taught in Abu Dhabi is only offered to September intake classes. In this case, it is not possible to have a campus exchange to CEIBS then do an elective in Abu Dhabi as they are offered in separate intakes.

Students are required to spend the first two periods of their programme in their home (starting) campus. Therefore the optional campus exchange only starts from Period 3 onwards. To apply for Campus Exchange is through a bidding process. Once admitted, you will be awarded a number of points that you will draw upon to bid for the INSEAD campus exchange, the US or China exchange as well as for the elective course bidding. Seats are limited ranging from 15-35 seats per class depending on the campus and criteria. Since a campus exchange is not obligatory, usually 25% of the class choose to remain on one campus throughout 10 months.

The Wharton Exchange will be available during the 4th or 5th period (Sept – Oct or Nov‐Dec) for January intake. If you commence in September, the exchange will be open to you during the 4th period (Mar‐Apr). The selection process will take place in Period 1. As there is generally higher demand than supply, students are limited to only one period (equivalent to one Wharton quarter) on exchange. This explains the limited courses that can be taken in Wharton for INSEAD students. To know more about alliances and partnerships, please go to this link: https://about.insead.edu/partnerships/

You may wish to have a look at our Employment Statistics for a better view of post-MBA opportunities at INSEAD: https://mba.insead.edu/form/employment_statistics.cfm

It would be best to discuss your further concerns in person by attending our events where you can speak with an MBA representative. I encourage you to sign up for our events mailing list so that you will know whenever we are at a city near you via this link: https://mba.insead.edu/events/full_list_events.cfm. We do also have some virtual information sessions that you could register for. You will find this at the same link. Also, you can visit our campus in France and Singapore during regular school hours during weekdays.

Regards,
Leizel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Is the application deadline for recommendations still one week after the actual deadline. Furthermore, can recommenders submit before we submit our application ?
Send PM
Onthemove wrote:
Is the application deadline for recommendations still one week after the actual deadline. Furthermore, can recommenders submit before we submit our application ?

Hello,

On Section 11 of the online application form, you will need to input the information of your two chosen recommenders and click the link to send an email notification to allow then access to the forms for them to start working on their recommendations. They will receive one single email with the PDF document and the link to upload their PDF document. The specific questions are private but are relatively short questions to gauge your leadership and managerial potential. It can be completed in one sitting and should take no more than one hour (this is the maximum estimate). Your recommenders can work on their recommendations in parallel to you completing your application. Thus, the recommenders will have until the deadline to upload their recommendations.

Regards,
Leizel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have a few more questions as well:

First, in reference to my first post can the recommenders submit the file before we submit the online application ?

Second, just wanted to reconfirm that as an Indian national if Hindi is my native language and my education at university Overseas was entirely in English, does this meet the entry language requirement ?

Third, is it compulsory to input part time work experience or only full time ?

Fourth, for academic distinctions we are required to put grantor and the date in the application form. However, for example deans list is a distinction that you get after every semester for achieving a certain grade. There is no specific date that it is granted. Can we put an approximate date in this case ?
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM