Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Engineers - Is the free Vocaz Chances Indication accurate? [#permalink]
Here are Kellogg's instructions for the video essays:

The Video Essays provide applicants with an additional opportunity to demonstrate what they will bring to our vibrant Kellogg community – in an interactive way. Each applicant will complete two short video essay questions. The questions are designed to bring to life the person we have learned about on paper.

After submitting a completed application, each applicant will be asked to complete two Video Essay Questions. One will be about the candidate’s interest in Kellogg and the other will be a “getting to know you” type of question.

There are 10 practice questions which candidates can complete as many times as they like to get comfortable with the format and technology. The practice questions and experience will simulate the actual video essay experience, so this is meant to be a useful tool and help applicants feel prepared.

There is not an opportunity to re-do the answer to the official video essay questions. We encourage applicants to practice so they are comfortable with the format once it is time to complete the official questions.

Candidates will have 20 seconds to think about their question and up to 1 minute to give their response.

We estimate the Video Essays will take 15-20 minutes to complete – which includes time for set-up and answering all the practice questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why does Kellogg have a video essay?
A: Student culture is hugely important at Kellogg. So we want to meet everyone. EVERYONE. We use the video essays as additional information to the application. It is the last thing we review when reading an application. It gives us a sense of your personality and allows us to get to know you in a more personal way than we can through your essays.

Q: What makes a good video essay?
A: Be yourself. We don't want scripted answers - we want to know what you think. We want to get to know you and learn something new about you, so please do not try to reuse an example from an essay that might in some roundabout way answer the video essay question you are being asked.

Q: What kind of questions will you ask?
A: We are going to be honest about this. Really. We don't want you to stress. We will ask you one question about your interest in Kellogg (no need to memorize the website). We will also ask you one question to help us get to know you. Want an example? Okay. "If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be and why?" See, not so hard. Right?

Q: Are there right or wrong answers?
A: No. This isn't a test. We use the video essay to gain additional information about you and get to know you in a more personal way. Don't have a perfect answer to the question? Do not panic! Answer it the best way you can and let your personality shine.

Q: How many times can I record myself?
A: You can practice recording yourself as many times as you want and the practice experience (format and types of questions) will be identical to the actual experience. But, when it comes to getting your actual video essay questions, you will only have one try. So practice. We know you like to be prepared! Get comfortable with the technology. We put good practice questions out there so you won't be nervous. Have fun and do your best.

Q: Really, I don't get a second chance?
A: Nope, sorry. This is a bit like an interview. Sometimes in an interview you are asked a question and you don't have the perfect answer, but you go ahead and give the best response you can. And, most of the time, it turns out well. That's what this is. Take a deep breath before you start and be confident in yourself and your ability to give a great answer.

Q: How much time will I have to think of a response and how long will I have to give my answer?
A: You will have 20 seconds to think of your response and 60 seconds to give your answer. We suggest you practice. It will make this easier. Take 10 minutes to go through the practice questions. Answer them as if they were your real questions. The more you practice the more comfortable you will feel doing the real video essays.

Q: What should I wear? Do I have to wear a suit?
A: You can wear a suit if you want to; but business casual is certainly okay with us too. And really, we will only see your head and shoulders so you can wear a collared shirt and we would never know you were still in your sweatpants.

Q: Where should I record my video essay?
A: Wherever you like - your office, kitchen, apartment, hotel room. Just make sure you pick a place where you have a good internet connection and no distractions.

Q: What part of the application process is the video essay? How do I access the Video Essay?
A: After submitting your application, the Video Essay will be available when you log in to your applicant status page.

Q: How much time will I have to complete the video essays?
A: After submitting your application you will be given access to the Video Essay component and will have one week after the application is due to complete the Video Essay. We encourage applicants to complete their Video Essay shortly after submitting the application while information is still fresh in your mind and so you don’t forget! Also, please try not to wait for the last possible moment to record your video essay - it will feel more stressful if you are doing it at the last minute and in a rush. Block out 15-20 minutes a few days after you submit your application and complete it.

Q: How long will this take me?
A: To be safe we are saying 15-20 minutes, but we think 15 if you decide not to do all the practice questions and don't have any questions on the set-up
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wonder if more schools will follow Kellogg's footsteps regarding the video questions. It might change the entire application process...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi... When is the perfect time to get a GMAT? What are the best preparations?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I did take the exam and it was fun. I got below 60 for my score, it’s quite weak but it allowed me to refresh my credentials and extracurricular activities I am doing and have been doing in the past. Perhaps, the score does not mean your basis of pushing it through or not but encourages you to review few things before getting into MBA. The tool would somehow help you with your self-evaluation.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I believe the perfect time to get a GMAT is when you have done some review. I’ll consider websites that cater tools for self-assessments in order for one to refresh his/her experiences and capabilities. Getting into graduate school must be a decision deliberately made through the desire of becoming an enhanced and progressed individual.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I looked on their website and I browsed over MBA Interview tips which was useful enough for me. I wanted to go to Kellogg and I am hoping for my application to be considered.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. I need some pieces of advice for this. My GMAT score is 620 and I planned to go to INSEAD specifically in France or Singapore maybe. Should I retake? Any school suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have seen this tool and I have been with Aringo for quite some time now. The services they offer are just tailored to one's needs in terms of MBA consulting. In their website, proofs of expertise are visible which could guarantee one's trust to them.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Engineers - Is the free Vocaz Chances Indication accurate? [#permalink]
I am from Poland and I speak English slow. For individuals like me, who's English is not the native language, which school is better?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
check33 wrote:
Hi. I need some pieces of advice for this. My GMAT score is 620 and I planned to go to INSEAD specifically in France or Singapore maybe. Should I retake? Any school suggestions?

The plan to go to INSEAD is just a right decision, as the school does not have a minimum required GMAT score. They will rather consider your overall score assessing individual results of the tests. If you change your mind of choosing INSEAD however, make sure to prefer those that does not require a specific GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is getting the service of an MBA Consulting company really substantial for MBA wanna be's? How much help could they offer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CeSKa wrote:
I am from Poland and I speak English slow. For individuals like me, who's English is not the native language, which school is better?

Hello CeSka...

Almost all of the top MBA schools are great for hard working individuals like us. But if you wanted to know which school does not require a minimum score for TOEFL, then you can consider the list provided. Have you taken your TOEFL by the way?

CBS/Wharton/MIT/Tuck/Duke/NYU/Cornell/Tepper
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Referring to the name of this thread, I believe the only accurate thing is the sum up credential of the applicant. Results of any tools such as this and the likes are merely guiding instrument or a rough draft of application process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How long does the application process take for a newbie? For instance, I desire to be part of Wharton’s list of MBA graduates some day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It depends. For Wharton applicants, please check on their website or search "Wharton application deadlines". It will lead you to the right information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am wondering if it is possible for a newbie to get an MBA scholarship program. If yes, how can one get one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deniM wrote:
Referring to the name of this thread, I believe the only accurate thing is the sum up credential of the applicant. Results of any tools such as this and the likes are merely guiding instrument or a rough draft of application process.

You're right! I certainly agree. These are just tools that could give us some clue about the MBA applications. The word accurate is definitely not the right word for it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12