Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
is this thread still on? [#permalink]
Are you guys still posting statuses?

I'd like to jump on board if that's ok :)

-Saumil.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
First set of CATs [#permalink]
Kudos
Great weekend: Took 1 PR and 1 Kaplan. I was literally hitting and shouting at my screen in the Kaplan tests. Ouch.

Here's my report:
PR Test 1: 650
Math: 25 right. 12 wrong. 5 of the wrong were calculation mistakes because I got nervous and pressed for time
Verbal: 34 right. 7 wrong. Mostly RCs. I get these right on paper. I hate reading them online

Kaplan: hahaha I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Test 1: 540.
Math: 23 right. 14 wrong. Again 4 were calculation mistakes because I got nervous for time. Last 3 were unseen clicks.
Verbal: 18 correct. 23 incorrect. God almighty what happened. Verbal is supposed to be strong for me. Most RCs wrong. Had to click through last 8 becuase of lack of time. I also lost it mid way (my first 12 were all right, then I started getting annoyed at Kaplan for their crazy wording.

Here's my question: How do I improve time management? Esp. on Math. I know the general answer = practice more, I just get so nervous after a while.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Other status [#permalink]
PR book - done
PR Cat 1 done
Kaplan Premier book + paper test - done (650)
Kaplan CAT 1 done

Next up: Kaplan CD quizzez + kaplan Advanced 800.

Have almosst made my mind up for buying MGMAT books since my core area of lacking are rate problems, geometry formulas and probability.

Others? Status?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice plan Chirag...when r u planning to take the exams....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am done with exam long back! July 24th
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Great Idea!!! [#permalink]
hey nice initiative...me and a couple of gmatter have alreadly started something like this where we send 10 SC and 10 RC questions ....each morning ...and from OG and solve it by the end of the day.....it keep you movitvated especially when some one is lagging...........
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is there anybody planning to give GMAT in next 2-3 month? If there is somebody we can plan and study together.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Approach for GMAT [#permalink]
Hi All,

I am new to this group. I have decided to go for GMAT. I am a postgraduate in engineering and want to persue MBA. Could anybody suggest me if I should go for Kaplan coaching classes in the beginning before I go for self study. Will it help me in designing the strategy. Any replies will be of great help. Thank you all in advance.

Karan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
frommirage wrote:
Is there anybody planning to give GMAT in next 2-3 month? If there is somebody we can plan and study together.

Thanks,

Hey there, this is pratik from mumbai, and i am planning to give my gmat in next 1 to 2 months or so for applying this year. We can definitely form a study group.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys - I am in for the study group. I am planning on taking the test in next 2-3 months. I am in Cincinnati,OH and just started my prep yesterday(09/09) with a goal to take the test no later than 12/09. I am also looking at the UC MBA prep class that is going to start in 2 weeks in cinci. Will keep you posted. So, what is the starting point? I dowloaded the MBA.com's prep tests and did the sample questions to get a feel. Just placed the order on Amazon.com for 'The official guide for GMAT review, 11th edition". My plan at this point is to complete the sample questions in the GMAT Prep by EOW and try to ramp up the time I spend to about 3 hours/day. How about you guys. Good luck everybody and let's GET IT DONE......
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
1 month passed and gone nowhere with the GMAT [#permalink]
Doup!!!! i am going no where with the Prep.........every section is mess.....btw mw too plannin take GMAT in next 2-3 month.........
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Folks!
This is MRD. I joined in this forum last week by searching in Google.
Whoa!! It's really great forum. Hats off to you guys!! I am interested in this thread very much... please keep posting your updates.

Here is my brief plan.

I just started preparing 2weeks ago.
Plan to take GMAT by Dec-2006.

This week - Craking GMAT (PR, 2007) - Finish Quant
2 hours per day. 5 hours in weekend.

Thanks,
MRD. :)
[quote]
We aim above the mark to hit the mark -Ralf Waldo Emerson
[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi everyone,
i have been registered for a while but i was kind of silent.But,i always kept up with postings.I am on the site everyday.I tried the kaplan GMAT CAT, i got 480.I was studing for about 2 months.I plan to take the GMAT in december.any advice on a strategy i should adopt.I have used only peterson's gmat success and ARco gmat so far.Pls reply soon.Anyone.
Great site is my guiding light towards application success(plus its free!!!) :lol:

Thanks B.B
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
where can I find the Kaplan 800?

How long do you plan to maintain your schedules?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Strategy: Plan, Execute, Report [#permalink]
Hows kaplan verbal workbook for practice??? are the qns at par with actual GMAT??
Is the manhattan test book simulator including the scratch pad and the pen an absolute must or are the stuffs provided at the exam center suitable enough to be comfortable???
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Strategy: Plan, Execute, Report [#permalink]
   1   2   3