Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:57 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Welcome aboard friends :) :wave

Don't wait, just jump into the forums with your doubts/questions, make use of the opportunity. There is no better time than now!

We all wish you all the very best :good
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My name is Amy and I am 28 years old, 6 years out of undergrad (UC San Diego, History major). I went to law school for a year, didn't do well, and basically left because it wasn't quite what I wanted to do anyway. I currently live in the NYC area, working in Finance on the admin side, want to switch over to where the deals are happening as soon as possible. My objective is to get into Stern, in the PT program (who isn't out here), for Fall 2007.

Thanks so much for having this website. Someone basically said the 2006 Kaplan Premier book sucked on Amazon.com, then referred to this site, and I just HAD to click on the link to find out what the deal is.

Actually, I was about to enroll in Kaplan ($999 with my "corporate discount," though I don't think it's that much of a discount), quite literally, this past week... but had hesitation because I had previously done BOTH Kaplan and TPR for my LSAT preparation and was not totally convinced they really helped me in the way I needed.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for what seems to be THE SOLUTION to studying for the GMATs. I am browsing through all the posts, am a bit overwhelmed, but believe that with a couple months' worth of time, effort, and energy in this bad boy I will conquer it as many of you already have.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
Kudos
My name is Kevin Armstrong, from Canada. I´m the GMAT instructor at Kaplan Spain. I did the GMAT exam 17 years ago (780) and I like making up new quant. questions using the concepts tested in the OGs as a base. I'm glad so many of you are willing to try non OG questions in addition to OG questions. The ones you'll get in the exam will likely not be the same as those in the OGs!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 449 [0]
Send PM
kevincan wrote:
My name is Kevin Armstrong, from Canada. I´m the GMAT instructor at Kaplan Spain. I did the GMAT exam 17 years ago (780) and I like making up new quant. questions using the concepts tested in the OGs as a base. I'm glad so many of you are willing to try non OG questions in addition to OG questions. The ones you'll get in the exam will likely not be the same as those in the OGs!

780 17 years ago. thats awsome. you are postingsome excellent qt. questions. expect some important tips on qt and verbal as well.

welcome!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,
Well, this will be my third time taking the GMAT. My first was last Oct with a measly 510; my second was Feb with a suical 450. Third times a charm, right? I am aiming for mid-700s, as my work expererience is lacking and the admin director at Notre Dame suggests a high score to compensate. My study plan consists of 5hrs/ day using PR, Kaplan, and OG 11th. Ryhme is definitely an inspiration!! I am considering taking the Manhattan course.
Good night, and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone

I am new to this site. I would like to introduce myself to you all.

I started preparing for GMAT 3 weeks ago. I have about 12 years experience, I am 33 years old. I am looking to take the GMAT in the next 2 to 3 months. I am confused as to whether it makes sense for me to do MBA or not. I make descent amount of money and don't know if it makes sense to forgo 2 years salary and spend another 100 K for MBA fees and living expenses. But in any case I want to take the GMAT and have my options open. May be look at the possibility of my company sponsoring the fees.

I am using the following books for now:
Princeton review
Kaplan review
OG - 11th edition

My math skills are descent. I get about 75 to 80% correct on problem solving and data sufficiency. My verbal is not so good. Sentence correction 50%, critical reasoning - 70% and RC - 50%.

I goal is to get 700 in GMAT and join one of the top 5 business schools. I am not so sure if I will be able to score 700 with my skills but I am going to try.

Based on my marks which I have outlined above, do you guys think that I can make 700 or do you think it is not acheivable?

One thing I noticed in sentence correction is, if I chose 2 answers for each question, I see that I get the answers for almost all the SC questions. Which I am thinking means that I am close to getting it right, but need to improve to get the answers correct but I am not too far away. What do you guys think?

I have also ordered the Manhattan sc, rc and cr books. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Welcome Rnachloo!

I think you will find this site very helpful. There’s a section called Ask Hjort where he’d evaluate your profile, very cool! As to pursuing the MBA, I think a solid place to start would be to know why you want one. How would it affect your life? I guess the most obvious answer would be more money, but would the MBA be more beneficial than the work experience in that aspect? When going into anything I think you need to build a concise (personal) desire. As it turns out, you and I are using the same study tools! I plan to take the GMAT in Oct. My previous scores were weak (to be modest), nevertheless I am confident that I will reach my goal! I am constantly referring to Rhyme’s success story and sg8899 (he went from 500 to 700, Whoa!). It can be done!! Another thing you’ll find is the incredible amount of support and encouragement in the forums. Nothing is out of reach!! Best of luck and hope to see you around!

dg
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself. I have been following this board for some time now, but I just started participating in some of the the question discussions. I'm scheduled to take the GMAT on 8/9 and I've been studying for about a month now.

I currently run my own business, and I have been doing so for about 4 years now. Prior to starting my own business I received a JD from a top 5 law schoo and practiced law for 2 years. I have been thinking about a career change and I think an MBA would be the right choice for me at this point.

I've always been very successful with standardized tests in the past, so I'm hoping for a good score on the GMAT. I scored will into the 99th percentile on the LSAT, so the CR and RC questions are pretty easy for me to deal with. I was an English major in college, but I'm missing more SC questions than I should so I have been using the forums here at GMAT club to sharpen my skills.

Believe it or not, coming from an English major with a law degree, the quantitative section seems to come easier for me. I was thrown off a bit when I first started reviewing a month ago. I found out that I had forgotten all the formulas from Geometry and many of the Algebra shortcuts. I had to refresh myself on coordinate geometry (hadn't seen that since jr. high I think), exponents, multi-variable equations, and just about everything else. Fortunately, everything came back quickly as I went through the OG.

I've gotten 770 and 760 on the 2 GMATprep tests, so I'm hoping that they translate directly to the real thing. Again, just over a week to go for me.

Nice to meet you all.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Welcome to all you friends :) Hope you find our club useful, it's all about sharing what you know & learning from other's posts :good Feel free to discuss any questions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Dear Amynyc,
Have you read the review here and in other places about GMAX Online? The course is full of detail and depth. There is a great deal of homework, the lessons are very serious and clearly presented, and students from all over the world are writing us letters of thanks. The price is still low - $399 for the entire course - and you can take the course up to 3 times within the same price. There is no time limit at all. And, best of all, you can take the lessons from anywhere that you have access to a fast internet connection. If you have a dial-up connection, you can buy the CD Kit, at $449.
One of the basic differences between GMAX Online and Manhattan GMAT is that GMAX teaches the lesson before you are asked to do the homework, and Manhattan has you studying before the lesson. Also, there are about 67 hours of class time with GMAX Online, and, about 23 hours with Manhattan. Search the internet for comments about our course if you like, and you will be amazed.
Regards, and good luck with your studying.
Leanna - Director - https://www.gmaxonline.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Friends,

I apologise for not writing about myself earlier. Somehow I skipped this posting. I am in the field of IT Services & Consulting and I work for a leading global IT service provider.

Have worked in North America and Asia. Been working for 9 years!! Curently in the mid-west.

I am not planning to pursue an MBA for making more money! Am not in a bad shape at all! However, life's becoming a trifle predictable. Kind of gradually losing its fizz :-D :-D !!

So here I am. On the doorsteps of an MBA. Targetting Aug 2007 / Jan 2008. Let's see if I have it in me.

Fields of interest (haven't finalised anything) - Consulting, Entrepreneurship (and if nothing works out: good old general management).

I enjoy the GMATCLUB. It is a warm and friendly place with solutions to many of your queries. At times you felt whether you could have had such a haven for all your queries for life! Life would have been SO EASY?!!

Go GMATCLUB Go! I am a fan. And I enjoy the company of such knowledgeable and unassuming friends. :) All the best to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello fellow GMAT-ians,

I'm Saumil, a Business analyst at SunGArd in Philly, PA. I am a parttime student in the executive education prog at Wharton, but am writing the GMAT to get into a full time program.

I did my MS in CS from Louisiana and am originally from India.

Currently, I'm stuck on what to do next: I've finished the PR book and not sure which Kaplan to pick up next:

1. Kaplan 800 2006-2007 Edition OR
2. Kaplan Premier Program 2007

And hence I'm trying to read up here for advice from the gurus. Nice to meet you all, hope to interact more in the coming weeks.

-Saumil.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have been on the board for a couple of months, but nonetheless, allow me to reintroduce myself...

My name is Robert and I am from Philadelphia, Pa. I am finishing up my lsat year of Undergrad (Econ/Finance 3.5 gpa) and I am taking the GMATs at the end of this month
Intern
Intern
Send PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see from my profile i started with this site back in december of 2004 this was after my first attempt at the gmat and a lovely score of 570.

For the last year and a half I have been focusing very much on work but am now taking the steps to rededicate myself. I am starting with the basic math review to make sure I have the basics down cold, once I am comfortible there I am going to pull togther a formalized strategy for the rest of the way leading up to the test...

I am sure i am going to lean on you all for help... hopefully i can be of some help along the way
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi saumil,

i'm also from india and currently in philly...............gr8 to know dat ur into wharton........i'm looking ahead to enter into MBA healthcare.........and u know wharton is always the dream........right now i'm gathering a valuable experience and i'm planning to write GMAT later half of next year. i'll really appreciate any tips regarding dat and bout the preparation material.
regards
pritam

saumster wrote:
Hello fellow GMAT-ians,

I'm Saumil, a Business analyst at SunGArd in Philly, PA. I am a parttime student in the executive education prog at Wharton, but am writing the GMAT to get into a full time program.

I did my MS in CS from Louisiana and am originally from India.

Currently, I'm stuck on what to do next: I've finished the PR book and not sure which Kaplan to pick up next:

1. Kaplan 800 2006-2007 Edition OR
2. Kaplan Premier Program 2007

And hence I'm trying to read up here for advice from the gurus. Nice to meet you all, hope to interact more in the coming weeks.

-Saumil.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I should have done this earlier. I joined GMATclub a while ago and am thrilled to be a member. I am 28 year old Indian male, currently in California, USA. I have an MS in Computer Science and a little over 6 years of experience. I took the GMAT for the first time on Aug 11, 2006 and got a 680. I am considering taking it again to inprove my chances at a top 10 business school.

My primary goal for doing an MBA is to switch my career to finance.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
26 yrs old

Analyst with Investment Mgmt Firm (3 yrs + exp)

Just passed CFA Level III (three for three)

Finished undergrad in 2003 (GPA = 3.7):
BA, Economics
BBA, Finance

Took GMAT in Jan 2006 with (what I considered to be) insufficient prep
Result = 660 (46Q, 35V)

I had some serious nerves during quant, messed up a few gimmes, and almost cancelled at the break, but decided to push through it and keep my scores so I could get the test fee expensed by my firm.

I know I can improve. As such, I have been trying to balance studying, social life, work and writing b-school essays over the past month.

I am sitting for the exam again on 23 Sep. Goal = 700+

This site is extremely useful...kudos to its creators and contributors.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  66