Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 05:11 It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats P, any thoughts on where on you might end up?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I'm made it!

I also noticed that nobody has been reporting admits on BW for about a week. My timeline worked out a little differently. I got a message from them just over a week ago asking for my undergraduate transcript. Now, this struck me as a little strange because I went to UCLA as an undergrad, but apparently the business school doesn't have access to undergraduate records; and UCLA has a policy of not releasing decisions without official materials I guess. I took this request as a good sign because I can't imagine why they would request materials for those they are dinging, but (again) I didn't want to jinx anything so I just kept quiet.

So, surprisingly (or maybe not), it took about 10 days for them to receive my transcript even though I paid extra for rush processing. Perhaps if I paid extra for rush shipping as well they could have gotten it across campus faster. I guess it finally arrived, or they finally got around to looking at it, but good news! Now this is going to be a tough decision for me among 3 places that I consider more or less equal.

Congratulations, Peli!!!

I'm curious. What was your online status under transcripts?

I'm also UCLA undergrad and I didn't send them my officials, but under my transcript status online, it says that they cannot offer me admission until they receive my official transcripts. Wierd, considering how they note on the application online that UCLA alumni don't need to submit officials.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
agsfaltex wrote:
Congrats P, any thoughts on where on you might end up?

Well, before this I was leaning towards Darden over Duke. UCLA has some positives and negatives for me. The positives are the location, weather (although all three are OK in this department) and local alumni base. The negative is that one of my goals for business school is to expand my network. Since I did my undergrad at UCLA, I think there's a good argument for going somewhere else. I'm pretty well convinced that all 3 schools will offer similar types of opportunities. I'm comfortable around LA and I have a lot of friends in the area, but (going back to the goal of expanding my network) I don't see spending all my time hanging out will college buddies as a good use of my time in business school so that's not much of a factor.

I'm still waiting on official letters and additional information (scholarships and such), but currently I guess Darden and UCLA are neck-and-neck with Duke trailing slightly. I'll be doing some in-depth research and comparisons but if I continue to feel this way in a week, I will go ahead and release my Duke invite and give someone else a chance.

gmatclub: my online status shows "received" for transcripts, with what I guess is a standard note that official transcripts are required before the application can be evaluated. Now, this is clearly not exactly true because they I think they evaluate the applications, but don't release decisions without the official docs. I seem to remember, like you said, that they didn't need the official docs if you were a UCLA undergrad - maybe they meant current student - I don't know.

In any case, my experience has been that admissions offices seem to be overworked (at least this year), and that administrative errors are not all that uncommon. It wouldn't surprise me if we were correct, but someone in the office was uninformed or didn't look closely enough at the file and just requested the official docs out of habit. I have encountered similar administrative quirks with other schools.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Pelihu..... another school bites the dust
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, Pelihu!

Cheers. L.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pelihu,

I knew you would get this.
Wait you will also get into Haas.
If you get into Haas, will you choose it over Darden/Anderson?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Pelihu
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
Pelihu,

I knew you would get this.
Wait you will also get into Haas.
If you get into Haas, will you choose it over Darden/Anderson?

Thanks guys. Yeah, for me Haas is a more compelling choice than Anderson. The two schools are always ranked right next to each other (Anderson might actually have the historical edge), but as a California native I know that the Berkeley name carries more weight out here. Since I'm planning to work out here after graduating, that would be a nice advantage. Also, Haas offers me the opportunity to expand my network that Anderson doesn't (personal concern obviously).

One negative for Haas is that I'm really really tired of the process at this stage - as I'm sure most everyone is. Haas doesn't release decisions till the end of April and the chance to be done with it all right this moment sounds pretty nice. The day that I can say I'm done and I know where I'm headed will be a great; the prospect of preparing for another interview isn't very exciting, but I will do my best to wait it out for Haas. I'm looking forward to a 2 month break this summer. I really wish I would have applied earlier (not just to Haas, but in general).

I'm also waiting on Stanford, but I believe that no interview invite at this stage almost certainly means a ding.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats pel.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Pelihu ! :D :)

As some others said, u will make it to other schools as well :D :)... It's already an excellent start yet not an end ;) :D :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i just got my admit email!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
polobrute,
Congrats!

Are you accepted anywhere else? Do you think you'll be enrolling at Haas?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Polobrute!

As if I didn't check my e-mail often enough I'm going to be checking my e-mail every 30 seconds now.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kdawg8 wrote:
Congrats Polobrute!

As if I didn't check my e-mail often enough I'm going to be checking my e-mail every 30 seconds now.

I"m with you too. This is the last day of waiting, unless we get waitlisted.

Good luck, dawg.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrat polobrute and pelihu
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just saw the thread at the BW forums blow up with a bunch of dings, so I check my mail and unfortunately there was one waiting for me as well. Anderson was my top choice so I am disappointed but it's their loss and I move on.

Good luck to the rest of those still waiting on their decisions, hopefully it'll turn out better than me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just got the official ding as well. I was never seriously considering ucla, but an admit would have been nice. looks like my season is over. I'll be headed to Cornell in the fall. Good luck to everyone else!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11