Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 12:19 It is currently 06 May 2024, 12:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks navy -

they have all they need since jul 10 - just had to explain them via email that the missing doc actually should not be required (since it was related to high school)...they called me personally and said we got your email and the doc is NOT required anymore & said thanks for clarification....

now i hope they have a quick turnaround...makes me wonder why request for a missing doc of app submitted since apr 5 on july 10 !? would have expected that request to come early....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
MNC= Multi National Corp????
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yup - mnc = multi-national firm...brand name
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kingster,

I wouldn't worry about it right now. Easier said than done but your numbers look good. I do think the essays have a lot to do with it, though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks navy - yes, thats the only obvious weak link i can think of too...will sit tight.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone know the total count of those accepted so far? [#permalink]
Anyone know how many have been accepted thus far?

Im guessing they probably accept about 1,000 people, if say 85% enroll, then its about 850 for a class. Does that seem reasonable?

among the 850 if 80% fall within GMAT of 620-710 then about 10% fall in the range of under 620 and above 710. that makes it 85 people. So if my assumptions are correct then I'm thinking there are about 85 spots for someone that scored 620 and under.

Food for though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Anyone know the total count of those accepted so far? [#permalink]
Approx 230 students in the database. Stern accepts around 450 for the fall session which includes all three options.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
guess my numbers are off. explains a lot about my quant score. well i guess we can divide the whole equation by 2.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What are these database numbers?

Offers of admission, or accepts?

Who gets these numbers? How do we verify the credibility?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you are admitted you get access to a website which shows the number of people that have been accepted and paid the deposit. So the numbers usually have a lag of a couple of weeks. The number of acceptances is probably greater than 230.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yea - this is not good..more than half the class is full...spoke to a lady on phone and she kinda said that since i applied back in 1st week of april...my app was at the bottom of the pile when they started reviewing it on May 15...i guess makes sense why so many people applied after have heard decision...not all of them but a good majority.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have sent in my app on April 20. Have not heard yet from NYU.
I am < 620 so have kept my fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Im sure they start looking at applications once they arrive. However, I highly doubt that one has a better chance of acceptance if his/her application is in earlier or before May 15th. If they do not look at all the applications that were sent in on time as a whole when making a decision, then why even bother setting a deadline? It should just be rolling admissions. You send in your application in January, then you get an answer by March, and so forth. So I think what someone else said earlier is true, they have 3 piles. Yes, No, Maybe. Take the yeses, and nos, and randomly enter it into the system and respond to people. Then take their sweet time looking at Maybes. I'm sure the maybe pile is the largest and from there they have to decide yes, no, and waitlist. Then they take their sweet time randomly entering the responses into the system as they make their decisions. Thats what I'm thinking.. of course I like all of you are on pins and needles and is way over analyzing the process. I wish they put me out of my misery already, and just give me an answer. And the worse answer is waitlist. Can we all agree on that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am literally checking the status few times a day knowing my chances are bleak.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Jack,

No is the worst, because at a program like Langone, in a city like New York, you must have thought you had a shot to apply in the first place. Why else would anyone subject themselves to Essay #3???

But the waitlist is horrible. And probably pretty futile, given the school's 85%+ historical accept rate. Because Columbia doesn't have a part-time program, the calibre of applicants to Langone is rather high. Second choice in this town is a huge drop. Baruch? Fordham?

I, for one, only applied to Langone. If I don't get in now, I will reapply for Spring. If I get dinged there, too, then I will have to retake the GMAT to improve my 660. I think 700 gets you into this program with the right work history.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Micro John is right. That was exactly my analysis too. However, there is one bright spot: Stern is still accepting applications for the fall semester for the PT program.

There are (at least) two possible reasons why they still accept applications at this point in time:

1.) They don't have enough applicants overall.
2.) They don't have enough qualified applicants.

Looking at historic acceptance rate of 50%, I seriously doubt it is the first case. If it is the second case, then that means the chances for all of us are slightly better compared to historical figures (translation: Adcom might slightly lower the admissions standards if they need to fill seats).

Or maybe like someone posted on this board earlier, they are just looking for warm bodies for the Westchester program?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wilson,

I think you're right about Westchester. If you are over 600, I think that's an automatic yes. It's at a SUNY!

And I meant to say over 85%+ matriculation. Look at Businessweek.com.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24