Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 04:46 It is currently 07 May 2024, 04:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Indeed another week. Out of curiosity, anyone have a backup lined up? ie. another program if langone falls through? What do you guys think? Would you recommend going to Baruch's part time this semester or reapplying to NYU?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
no back up - reapplying will be the only option...any other program (like someone mentioned on the thread) is way too much of a dip in standard...living/working in NY - langone part-time pretty much seems to be the best bet....won't wanna sink in debt for any other program....unless ofcourse if its paid for by your firm then go for Baruch or Fordham as a back-up....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is getting kinda rediculous. The NYU Langone site says they are still accepting applications for the Fall 2007. And there is an information session for Westchester Program on August 8th. Pretty soon theyre gonna tell you to bring your application on the first day of class. In additin, if its taking them 3 months to review the apps they already have, what makes them think that if they get apps in now, that they will be able to give an answer by the end of August?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Jack that only means one thing: it doesn't take them 3 months to review applications. In my opinion, if all of the information are in, it probably takes around 5 minutes. They tell people their process is "holistic", but I think that's BS. It comes down to one thing: gmat score (and to a lesser degree, GPA and work experience). I seriously think this is adcom's last ditch efforts to get more better qualified applicants so their stats on the average gmat, gpa, and work history looks better.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anything anyone???

:roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nothing here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
no response either.....man, this is really getting annoying now...week after week...i'll be pissed if i find out my result at 5pm on Aug 1st...since Tues/Wed are "good" days, have hopes up :x
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have people been getting accepted on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes - judging from the thread....tues/wed are generally notification dates -could be acceptance or rejection....my missing doc request was also a tuesday... :roll: :!: :?:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I applied back on March 27th. Was anyone else this early? So much for rolling admissions!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
NADA!... Still nothing. Its funny.. how I'm checking this board like I'm gonna get an answer here.. Must say though.. It is a good pass time as I'm waiting. Hang in there everyone. When this is all over.. Lets go out for a drink. haa
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
if any of you are FIX guys, I may be able to take you out for drinks on the house!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
i hear ya - i am up for drinks...infact i just bought tickets to Yankees and White Sox game on Aug 1 - i know the misery will end then..... and yeah -screw their rolling admissions...i applied on April 2 (close to Mar 27 i guess) and STILL no word....each time they parrot back the same line when i email or call....

"Thank you for your email. Applicants who submitted a complete application by May 15 are guaranteed to receive notification on or before August 1. NYU Stern has a rolling admissions process and evaluates applications in order of their receipt. "
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
epb1047

- what were u stats? work exp? GMAT GPA?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
660 GMAT
3 years Consumer Goods Experience
3.4 Undegrad GPA from top 50 school
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I've tried to be as patient as humanly possible so I only called once about 2 weeks ago and got the same canned line. Basically they told me that the rolling admissions process didn't start until 5/15.

Am I missing something or is that NOT rolling admissions? On the website it says that it's in your best advantage to apply early, but I'm severely doubting that!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
epb1047 -

I feel your pain....i think these guys are going in reverse order...15th first and then the early ones...my stats are 690 GMAT, 4yrs work ex, 3.95 GPA from Top 20 school....i mean if not a positive response - least they could do is give some response...waitlist or denial? its complete BS
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24