Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 05:43 It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
mNeo, haha yeah, the Stanford alum really shifted my opinion towards Kellogg with the collaborative culture part... I still like Chicago a lot for the flexible curriculum and the awesome new facilities...

This is part of the reason I decided to apply to both. The more I learned about each to more I decided I would happily attend both, especially since both are pretty well thought of in the management field.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
This is part of the reason I decided to apply to both. The more I learned about each to more I decided I would happily attend both, especially since both are pretty well thought of in the management field.

Oh, I thought you weren't applying to any West Coast schools. Cool, maybe we'll meet at the admit weekends for both schools! I'm finding Kellogg more and more exciting, and plan to submit for R1 (which will make it VERY tough for my R1 preparations with 4 more essays to write!)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Oh, I thought you weren't applying to any West Coast schools. Cool, maybe we'll meet at the admit weekends for both schools! I'm finding Kellogg more and more exciting, and plan to submit for R1 (which will make it VERY tough for my R1 preparations with 4 more essays to write!)

Kryzak, I think Chicago and Evanston would be considered midwest not west coast. Thats as far west as I am looking at this point. My wife has talked about Cali but I am not too interested in the schools out there at this point. My other two R1 schools are within a hundred miles or so of my house.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
Kryzak, I think Chicago and Evanston would be considered midwest not west coast. Thats as far west as I am looking at this point. My wife has talked about Cali but I am not too interested in the schools out there at this point. My other two R1 schools are within a hundred miles or so of my house.

Oops, misread your "both" to be Kellogg and Stanford instead of Kellogg and Chicago. Well, the fewer people who apply to Stanford, the better it is for my chances! ;) Like you, two of my R1 schools are within 50 minutes of my place, and the third is only an hour plane flight away.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Alright, I'm going to attempt to apply to Kellogg R1 now. After looking at the campus pictures, the location, the housing market there, it is QUITE nice. The only thing that bothers me is the winter. Do they have underground walkways and stuff in the winter? Just trying to see what happens if I live walking distance (<1 mile) from the campus and have to walk in a blizzard.

Also, the Chicago area is CHEAP compared to the SF Bay Area, so that may help my loans ;)

Now the problem is, how the heck do I work on Stanford, UCLA, and Kellogg essays all by 10/20 time frame??? Maybe I shouldn't have started with the Berkeley one...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
Alright, I'm going to attempt to apply to Kellogg R1 now. After looking at the campus pictures, the location, the housing market there, it is QUITE nice. The only thing that bothers me is the winter. Do they have underground walkways and stuff in the winter? Just trying to see what happens if I live walking distance (<1 mile) from the campus and have to walk in a blizzard.

Also, the Chicago area is CHEAP compared to the SF Bay Area, so that may help my loans ;)

Now the problem is, how the heck do I work on Stanford, UCLA, and Kellogg essays all by 10/20 time frame??? Maybe I shouldn't have started with the Berkeley one...

I'm not too sure about NWern's tunnel system, but most of the classes are held in one central building. The only thing you have to worry about is getting snowed in.

I can't give any advice about getting essays done, I'm already getting burnt out trying to do Chicago, Kellogg, and HBS for R1!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
There is an event at Chicago GSB on Sept 28th, and there are some GMAT Clubbers who are planning on attending this. A bunch of us are also applying to Kellogg so we are going to try and arrange a tour and info session there on Sept 27th. This is all tentative but the more people who want to do it the more likely the admissions office will be at setting something up. If we can get a large enough group together they may just do something for us.

If you are interested in visiting Kellogg on Sept 27th if we can arrange something post on: https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 7&start=0#

No promises but I think our chances are a lot better if we can get a small group together than if we each wanted to set something up ourselves.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media &amp; Entertainment
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Two questions for Kellogg applicants:

- Where can I get a hard copy of the recommendation forms? I tried the online application but it wants me to register my recommenders first. I want to show my recommenders the form and get their full commitment before I sign them up.

- I saw on Accepted.com or ClearAdmit that the Essay 4 limit is 2-3 paragraphs, is that true?

Thanks!

EDIT: btw, I found this from last year

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/adm ... 07-081.pdf

still can't find this year's yet...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am pretty confident the rec form is going to be the same thing...they didn't even change their essays up much.

Yes the essays you pick are 2-3 paragraphs so figure around a page. There are fewer options this year than last too...so hopefully you have some good answers for those.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, I'll give my recommenders last year's form then. If it changes, I'll let them know.

As for the essays, yeah, fewer choices, but I think I can do the "Outside Work" and "I wish Adcom would ask" questions. I want to do the "Difficult relationship" one, since I just had one a few months ago... depending on how Essays 1-3 shape up. If I use up either of my examples in 4A and 4B in the first three essays, I'll write about 4C.

Breaking the "Why Kellogg" into three distinct parts for Essays 1-3 will take some thinking.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kellogg essays are great to start on because it asks for pretty much the keys.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, that's what everyone says. I'm kinda glad I did the Haas ones first, as it covers all bases *except* for the uniqueness essay. I can populate most of Kellogg's essays with Haas ones (re-written of course), and the word limits for Haas (4-250, 2-500, 1-1000 words) really taught me how to keep things short, which will be good for Kellogg's 800 word limits (2 pages double spaced) and 300 word limits (2 paragraphs).

I'll work on those this weekend then...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
San Francisco Reception Date announced, 9/25.

https://www20.kellogg.northwestern.edu/ ... eventid=58

Who's going? Wanna carpool from the south bay?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Who knows, how should the recommendation be filled in? Will it be sent to the e-mails of recommender as an online version or it will be send as .pdf and they have to print it out, fill in and scan to send it back?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Alright, for Kellogg Part I. If you submit Part I and schedule an interview, but later decide you cannot get the application ready for R1, can you still submit Part II for R2?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think that's a problem. By the application, it just seems that they'll consider your application after you've submitted everything. There's no required order to Part 2 & the interview...just that you submit part 1 first.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
ahh, ok. Though you pay the application fee in Part I, right? hope I don't change my mind if I miss the R1 deadline and decide not to put something in for Part II
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  100