Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:58 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
[#permalink]
I just read the BW forum... people that applied after me are getting interview invites and I have not heard anything from them... Columbia says that they review applications in order of receiving them... I think this may mean that they did not like my application... sux...
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
No .. this means nothing. Start worrying only if your application is 6-7 weeks old and you do not get an interview call.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Most interview calls occured for re-applicants. Then again, for 1st time applicants, interviews are coming in 26-28 days after application goes under review status..
Columbia is scheduling interviews roughly within 4 weeks of submitting applications.based on my crude math.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
grad_mba wrote:
Status changed - 'under review' :)

Now I wonder why they havn contacted me yet.LOL

Dude, you are one guy who shouldn't even look at his application status at Columbia. You are getting in Stan anyway. Didn't prasad bring out Stan's name out of his magical hat for you? And I agree with prasad there. Play your cards right and perhaps you will have the best chance of breaking the Stan jinx for GMATClub.

ps. I and kryzak will try to sneak our names into the admit list to join you at Stan. We have been taking the Adcom office boy to "All you can drink" parties every evening.

mNeo/Kryzak, I wish I had the same confidence in myself as you guys do!
Each one of us have our own strengths and weakness to play on and all we can do is to put our best foot forward and wait on the admissions blacbox! Just hope things pan out for the best for all of us - its been one heck of a journey so far!
You guys and sidekicks?? hmm looks like you havn seen your own profiles yet :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm so doomed

I just found several spelling and grammatical mistakes....

:(

argh... i've got nightmares of the ad coms saying "damn fool, can't even spell the name correctly (of the company that I want to work with).... denied..."
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
haha, grad_mba, I think we all have the problem of not being able to see our own "uniqueness". Which is why it's great to have others review your essays for you and tell you what you should and shouldn't emphasize ;)

I'd be VERY happy to be your sidekick if that means I get into Stanford! :)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got an interview invite !!! :shock: It's been only 11 days since I submitted. I am psyched !!

And I saw this just as I reached the hotel in New York. My plan was to visit Columbia on this Monday to show how interested I am in the program. Dunno if I should have come here earlier.

It would have been great if I could arrange for an interview with the adcom for this Monday, but their message says that adcom doesn't interview candidates. So I guess I'll have to get interviewed after I get back to the bay area. Any suggestions for me, guys and gals?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
OMG!!! CONGRATS mNeo!!! Wait, that might mean we won't be grad_mba's sidekick together :(

Anyway, woohoo!!!!!!! Go kick some butt! I would probably do an interview back in the Bay Area just so you can get prepared for it, unless you're already ready?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
AWESOME.

This is stupendous news!!!! Congrats on the big event
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
I got an interview invite !!! :shock: It's been only 11 days since I submitted. I am psyched !!

And I saw this just as I reached the hotel in New York. My plan was to visit Columbia on this Monday to show how interested I am in the program. Dunno if I should have come here earlier.

It would have been great if I could arrange for an interview with the adcom for this Monday, but their message says that adcom doesn't interview candidates. So I guess I'll have to get interviewed after I get back to the bay area. Any suggestions for me, guys and gals?

mNeo !!!!! CONGRATZ - Seriously - AWESOME news :) way to go buddy !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:

WAY TO GO MAN!!!! WHOA!! That's really good news.... That was fast....

But then it probably doesn't bode well for me....

But good luck to you buddy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:

Congrats buddy!!!! Way to go!! Kill that interview man!!

By the way... still no word from them.... :?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
[#permalink]
WoW!! first one. Good man. I am yet to hear anything on my J-Term application, which I submitted roughly around the same time as you did mNeo. I guess its a good thing my other apps are progressing reasonably well.

Go ace the interview and send us some tips (in case we do manage an interview).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just submitted mine! I felt good about it right up until I pushed the submit button, but that's just the nerves. I better get used to it because I have 3 other R1 apps to go...that is unless CBS admits me before I can finish the other apps (not holding my breath).

FYI...I am visiting Columbia on Oct 1st if anyone is going to be there around then.

And, last but not least, BIG UPS to mNeo with the interview invitation. They got back to you quick! I don't think the quick turnaround on your app means anything bad for those who have also submitted but not yet heard from CBS. I DO think that it means they really really really like you. Nail the interview and get your checkbook out because you will be making out 6 G's to Columbia University pretty soon. Congrats again!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the wishes, guys! It feels good to see something positive happening in my applications. Although I know that getting an interview doesn't mean much in case of Columbia. So I need to stay focussed on nailing the interview and have to continue working on the other schools' applications. I hope my fellow Columbia poopers get their calls too. Then all of us will breathlessly wait for the final admission decisions together.

ps. I should not let this update deviate me from my current applications. I am running so far behind in the W application that I see Stan moving out of R1 for me already. :(
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Neo!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats mneo ! Gluck for the interview ..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  42