Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:26 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Re: Admitted students...now what? [#permalink]
1) Have you decided if you are going to matriculate or are you still holding out for another decision?
I applied to Ross, HBS, MIT in R1 and Cornell, UCLA, Wharton, Chicago in R2. I will most likely go to Ross unless I get an admit from MIT, Wharton or Chicago. SOme $$ from Cornell and UCLA will also make me re-consider. For now, I am committed to Ross.

2) Where are you holding out for or what would it take for a backup school to win you over?
An admit from one of the UEs that I applied to (or) a LOT of $$$ from one of the other elite schools.

3) Are you still planning on working on R2 applications or are you gonna save the application fees and enjoy your new found peace of mind?
I had submitted all my R2 apps before receiving my Ross decision.

4) Have you begun to dream what its going to be like to quit your job and head back to school?
Yes. But I am also freaked out about loans, moving etc.

5) Sobered up from the celebration?
Had a nice peaceful dinner with my wife and son. More rowdier celebration with friends will start soon. :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
1) Have you decided if you are going to matriculate or are you still holding out for another decision?

Holding out to get all the info.

2) Where are you holding out for or what would it take for a backup school to win you over?

Kellogg may well top MIT or Harvard - I view them all as equals right now

3) Are you still planning on working on R2 applications or are you gonna save the application fees and enjoy your new found peace of mind?

Submitted the R2 Harvard app - but canceled the rest

4) Have you begun to dream what its going to be like to quit your job and head back to school?

I've begun planning my around the world trip :) I plan to visit Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Israel, Greece, Croatia, Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Portugal

Yah - but it was tough coming back down to Earth (and back to work). Will be celebrating more and more in the coming months
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Steel wrote:
[b]

I've begun planning my around the world trip :) I plan to visit Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Israel, Greece, Croatia, Finland, Denmark, Norway, and Portugal

I`ve been to all those places except Indonesia, Israel, Greece and Croatia, so if you need any tips on the others :-D

Norway is very very very expensive.
Finland is very very very cold right now - it`s a place I visit a lot because of work. So you can probably guess who i work for :lol:
Japan - well, I`ve lived here for the past 4.5 years.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
Steel wrote:
[b]

I`ve been to all those places except Indonesia, Israel, Greece and Croatia, so if you need any tips on the others :-D

Norway is very very very expensive.
Finland is very very very cold right now - it`s a place I visit a lot because of work. So you can probably guess who i work for :lol:
Japan - well, I`ve lived here for the past 4.5 years.

Awesome! I've been to Tokyo before (with a side trip to Nikko), China (Beijing, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong), and Israel - but everything else is new. I'm going to be hosteling it through Norway, so that should help with the expenses. As for Finland being cold, I'm not going to be in Scandinavia until late July/Early August (last destination for a reason).

And I have a good guess - if its the same telecom company I've been working with on a couple of my projects, I know them well hehe.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GSBers.

Are you going to Admit weekend 1? I will be in March in Chicago, for sure.

I was planning to take the pre-courses in August, but I read that is better to go for a Random Walk :-D. What are you guys planning to do? If there is a Random Walk to China during the Summer Games, I really, REALLY, REAAAAALLLLYYY want to go 8-) .
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM

Love Ross but have a whole bunch of schools that I am waiting on.

Still waiting on Wharton, Chicago, Kellogg and Columbia. My only backup, Duke, put me on WL, so dont think it is going to win me over :)

All the above schools are R2 :)

Of course. I am working for about 2-3 hours per day anyways. If I am fired, I will gladly take the severance package and golf :)

Not yet...I have not had time to reflect on my admit yet. I was working on my R2 apps till about Jan 11th, the day I got my Ross admit. So, the fact that I am going to school is just sinking in now :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM

Absolutely love Duke but still waiting on Kellogg and Stanford. I am about 75% certain it will be Duke (The $$ make the decision easier as well :-))

I have been accepted to my back up school (GeorgeTown) but will not be matriculating. Waiting to get decisions back from my R2 schools and examine my options

I got my R1 acceptances after I applied R2. So I have 2 R2 pending

Of course. I dream/worry about it daily. My productivity at work is questionable.

Not really...Any excuse for a celebration. I plan on partying till July (lol)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
An update after getting into Haas and dinged from Stanford.

Still waiting on Kellogg, but 90% sure I'm going to Haas unless Kellogg offers lots of $$.

Kellogg with at least 50% scholarship to make the decision even. Both Haas and UCLA have 4/15 decision dates, so we'll see what Kellogg does.

Currently Haas-Anderson is roughly 90-10%, especially since Anderson still hasn't sent me my admit package nor any news on scholarships.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM

Still holding out for MPS (Real Estate) also at Cornell. Tonight they are meeting to decide!

If Program in Real Estate at Cornell admits and offers me a better financial aid package... then.. Although I do love Johnson people. They are so nice!

No more application. Well actually I should have, but too tired. Plus my bf is in Cornell, no point to go to other Uni.

Not really, I'm still not sure if I'm actually making my way to Cornell. Admission is great, but the education cost is even greater. Currently I'm not financially ready. However the biggest reason for not thinking about quitting job, is I love my job very much. I plan to work here until the last day, make the most of the remaining time to learn and experience!

Not quite. The happy moment lasted in a flash... until I saw the email asking for Declaration of Finances talking about 133k. Plus fight with bf for stupid reason. :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
OK, now that I started my decision-making, I decided to travel to USA, to now the schools and places, so I will atttend AdMIT weekend, and stay 2 more days in Boston. I'll fly to the Bay Area, visit Stanford and San Francisco. I'm going to NYC, and if admitted to Columbia I'll also attend a class at Columbia and visit the school, otherwise I'll be another tourist in NYC 8-). Finally I'll attend GSB's Admitt Weekend. It's going to be expensive; nevertheless, I'm excited as it is going to be my first time in USA.

The more I read about GSB and MIT, the more I'm confused, it will be definitely a tough call, I'd say that I'm still around 60% GSB against 40% MIT, though.

What about you that have options - I hope that in one month or so everybody here has options - how is the decision-making process going?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Update from my side:

In at IESE, Ross, Haas, Tuck. I turned down IESE already as my decision period ran out.

branson wrote:

No decision yet. I am still waiting for Kellogg which would arguably be the best brand in my home country, but Tuck seems very appealing, so does Haas. Ross has a new building.

This one isnt easy.

Quote:

Now that I have the choice: (Who would have THUNK? ;) )

Holding out for my April journey to all schools I get admitted to. Then it will be a combination of gut feeling, best financial aid (not only scholarship $, but especially loan-terms) and brand recognition.

Quote:

Yep, MBA is on my mind 50% of the day. It's ridiculous and you guys arent helping! ;)
Will end my job at the end of june to have time to prepare.

Quote:

I will celebrate once everything is settled, I have this thing financed and I matriculated.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
branson wrote:

No decision yet. I am still waiting for Kellogg which would arguably be the best brand in my home country, but Tuck seems very appealing, so does Haas. Ross has a new building.

This one isnt easy.

Branson, bring back the UoM ball to your avatar then! :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
hahaha...

I know, I feel so opportunistic with all these avatar changes every few days. I am just waiting for your Chicago admit and we will see what happens then! ;)
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
branson wrote:
hahaha...

I know, I feel so opportunistic with all these avatar changes every few days. I am just waiting for your Chicago admit and we will see what happens then! ;)

Oh, cr@p, you got me there, partner! :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
helg wrote:
branson wrote:
hahaha...

Oh, cr@p, you got me there, partner! :lol:

Will you have to re-color a couple of guys at avatar for decision period? :o
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
R.E.D. wrote:
Will you have to re-color a couple of guys at avatar for decision period? :o

*humming*

I see a blue guy and I want to paint him red...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
1) Have you decided if you are going to matriculate or are you still holding out for another decision? My decision is down to 2 final schools. A top 30 I am already admitted to, and a top 10 I am waiting on a decision for.

2) Where are you holding out for or what would it take for a backup school to win you over? I would be thrilled with either of the 2 schools, just need to research some of the practicalities of the top-10 school if i get accepted

I am SO done applying. 4 applications was enough work for me.

4) Have you begun to dream what its going to be like to quit your job and head back to school? I started dreaming about leaving my job before I even decided if I would apply to b-school this year or next. I have recently started thinking about the back to school part.

5) Sobered up from the celebration? Not quite.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5