Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Booth 2012
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Here you go:

1. Please describe your relationship to the candidate, and describe the circumstances under which you have known her or him.

2. How is the candidate’s impact on your organization different from that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?

3. What do you like most about the candidate?

4. Please describe the most constructive feedback you have given the candidate. Please also detail the circumstances that caused you to give the feedback.

5. Is there anything else (positive or negative) about the candidate that we should know?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: MBA
Schools:Wharton/MIT
 Q51  V42
Send PM
Just found this webpage. I had my Stanford interview last Sunday, actually i didn't feel good about it. The guy was a bit arrogant(of course he has grounds to be so), which made me feel stress and speak fast.
Don't know how much weight does interview play in my package evaluation, anyone has any idea?
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks Foodstamp...+1 for you :)

foodstamp wrote:
Here you go:

1. Please describe your relationship to the candidate, and describe the circumstances under which you have known her or him.

2. How is the candidate’s impact on your organization different from that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?

3. What do you like most about the candidate?

4. Please describe the most constructive feedback you have given the candidate. Please also detail the circumstances that caused you to give the feedback.

5. Is there anything else (positive or negative) about the candidate that we should know?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General,
Schools:Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
 Q50  V41
WE 1: 5
Send PM
Looks like we have very few invites so far!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Kudos
romneychen wrote:
The guy was a bit arrogant(of course he has grounds to be so), which made me feel stress and speak fast.

I don't think anyone has the right to be arrogant just because s/he is in certain position. S/He should be thankful of the opportunities s/he had been given to achieve that position, no one does it alone. If my interviewer (if I get an interview) were like that, that would be -1 for Stanford.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
liubhs02 wrote:
romneychen wrote:
The guy was a bit arrogant(of course he has grounds to be so), which made me feel stress and speak fast.

I don't think anyone has the right to be arrogant just because s/he is in certain position. S/He should be thankful of the opportunities s/he had been given to achieve that position, no one does it alone. If my interviewer (if I get an interview) were like that, that would be -1 for Stanford.

Well said!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
still waiting for an interview..who knows..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
For those putting in a R2 app.. looks like a lot of us R1 applicants made these mistakes.

Avoiding 10 common mistakes on your application

With the Round 2 application deadline just a little over a month away (7 January 2009) I wanted to draw your attention to the Top Ten most frequent (and avoidable) mistakes we find on your applications:

--Enter your name correctly. In the application, you enter your family name (also called last name) before your first name (also called given name). Yes, smart people make this mistake.

--Provide a specific reason for leaving any of your previous jobs--as opposed to a reason for accepting your next job. In the application verification process over the summer, this is the cause of many issues.

--Submit your application only after your recommenders have submitted your Letters of Reference. Stanford's instructions may differ from some other schools in this regard, but your application processing works best when you follow our advice. Trust us on this.

--If your university provided A/B/C/D grades, calculate your grade point average on a four-point scale (A=4, A-=3.7, B+=3.3, B=3, C=2, D=1, etc.). Do this even if your university did not calculate the grade point average. This is the easiest math problem that you're likely to see in an MBA program.

--If there is any period of four-plus months when you were neither in school nor working, tell us what you were doing during that time.

--For Essay C (Options 1-4) discuss experiences that have occurred in the last three years. Work, community, or college experiences are terrific, as long as they took place within the last three years. Be sure to tell us the "how" and "why," not just the "what."

--If you can't get a recommendation from your current supervisor, provide a brief explanation (one or two sentences) in the Additional Information section of the Online Application.

--For your Letter of Reference from a peer please make sure the person you pick is indeed a peer (an equal). Though few people like hierarchy, our supervisors are not our peers. Even if your supervisor is your friend, he/she by definition is not your peer. While many peers also are friends, remember that not all friends are good choices for recommendations.

--Check your transcript after you scan/upload it. As a general rule, if you can't read it, we can't read it.

--When calculating your months of work experience, only include post-college work and provide the months (not the years) through September of the year in which you plan to enroll (not as of the date you're applying).

As always, if you have any questions please contact us.

Thank you and best wishes,
LaNeika Ward
Acting Assistant Director of MBA Admissions
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
CompanyMan wrote:
For those putting in a R2 app.. looks like a lot of us R1 applicants made these mistakes....

Sigh - I didn't make any of those mistakes, but still no interview invite... :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
you are not the only one :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
ha actually I did make one of those mistakes... I submitted my app before my last recommender who submitted her rec the day after the deadline. bah!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
CompanyMan wrote:
--If your university provided A/B/C/D grades, calculate your grade point average on a four-point scale (A=4, A-=3.7, B+=3.3, B=3, C=2, D=1, etc.). Do this even if your university did not calculate the grade point average. This is the easiest math problem that you're likely to see in an MBA program.

I'm not sure I understand this one right. My university calculated my GPA for me, and their way of doing things was A+/A/A- = 4, B+/B/B- = 3. They did not use 3.7 or 3.3. Can I provide the GPA that they calculated, or do I have to recalculate my GPA based on this scale that Stanford provided?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
I'm pretty sure they ask for your GPA for each school year. So you'd have to use their GPA rule instead of the one applied by your school/university.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Sweet. All those A-'s are going to sink me :)
Current Student
Send PM
welcome to the club agold..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
agold wrote:
CompanyMan wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this one right. My university calculated my GPA for me, and their way of doing things was A+/A/A- = 4, B+/B/B- = 3. They did not use 3.7 or 3.3. Can I provide the GPA that they calculated, or do I have to recalculate my GPA based on this scale that Stanford provided?

Does your university report + and - on official transcripts? My university tracks + and - only in internal records and drops these on official transcripts. If yours does this as well, then I would calculate GPA based on the grades as they are shown on your official transcript (which is what Stanford will use) rather than internal records. Not sure if this helps your calculated GPA, but it could.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
agold wrote:
CompanyMan wrote:

My undergrad factored pluses and minuses in calculating GPA, so I don't have a definitive answer for you agold. You might want to just call the adcom and ask, they're pretty helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts