GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 16:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2008, 12:26
Has anyone received any interview invites lately? seems pretty quiet..
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2008, 22:32
I think I'm gonna cry happy/exhausted tears. I just finished my Consortium/Tuck R2 essay today, which means I have only one essay left, and it's a good thing cause I have given pretty much everything I have emotionally to this whole process. And to top it off, I think I'm getting sick. I had all but given up hope on my R1 Stanford app, and I was a little disappointed because Stanford is the only ultra-elite I'm applying to.

And now...I just received an interview invite from the Stanford GSB!

Sent after 9 PM on Sunday night over Winter Closure, too. Man, the Stanford AdCom has a serious work ethic if they're sending these invites the day of review. OK, sleepytime for me.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2008, 22:42
rjacobs wrote:
I think I'm gonna cry happy/exhausted tears. I just finished my Consortium/Tuck R2 essay today, which means I have only one essay left, and it's a good thing cause I have given pretty much everything I have emotionally to this whole process. And to top it off, I think I'm getting sick. I had all but given up hope on my R1 Stanford app, and I was a little disappointed because Stanford is the only ultra-elite I'm applying to.

Sent after 9 PM on Sunday night over Winter Closure, too. Man, the Stanford AdCom has a serious work ethic if they're sending these invites the day of review. OK, sleepytime for me.

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Current Student
Schools: Cornell, Duke, Kellogg, Ross
WE 1: 5

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2008, 23:10
Congratulations! thats good! atleast someone is getting interviews.

rjacobs wrote:

Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 00:19
rjacobs wrote:

Congrats rjacobs!! Very happy for you. Good luck I hope you ace it.
Current Student
Schools: Booth 2012

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 00:42
CONGRATS!!
Current Student
Schools: HBS '11

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 06:33
congrats! same here... received an invite late last night... stanford adcom working overtime!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 07:55
I also received the invitation to interview. What wonderful news to wake up to on a Monday morning!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 07:59
Congrats ppl! :-D
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 08:48
Congrats all with invites! Hopefully more good news to come!
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 09:11
congrats to all the new invitees! looks like this may not be a barren year for GC @ Stanford.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Attending Stanford

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 09:15
Wow, that's terrific news everyone! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 09:32
rjacobs wrote:

They said they would send them out in batches over the break since they would be working from home (due to the lack of heat in the admissions office).
Current Student
Schools: Booth 2012

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 10:44
Congrats to all! Sounds like it was a pretty big batch! I know a couple people IRL (in real life) that got interview invites last night as well.

monkbent wrote:
rjacobs wrote:

They said they would send them out in batches over the break since they would be working from home (due to the lack of heat in the admissions office).
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 11:18
Wow this thread is on fire, congrats bball and wolffali! Looking at the first page of this thread, it seems like GMATClub is doing really well considering Stanford's competitiveness. Hope there's more good news to come
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg (accepted), Chicago Booth (*ATTENDING* full tuition fellowship +20k stipend), HBS (ding), Stanford (WL), Michigan (Accepted w/full scholarship)

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 14:22
I also received an interview invite late last night. Woohoo! I couldn't sleep, so I checked my email--then I REALLY couldn't sleep!

What a pleasant surprise. Here's wishing everyone good luck who's still waiting!

Exhausted but excited,
--jcl246
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg (accepted), Chicago Booth (*ATTENDING* full tuition fellowship +20k stipend), HBS (ding), Stanford (WL), Michigan (Accepted w/full scholarship)

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 17:35
I've been trying to do research for my interview, but I haven't found anyone who posted their experiences from this year. Anyone want to share their experience? (I've already checked Accepted.com and ClearAdmit Wiki...) Are the questions pretty similar to the last few years?

Thanks y'all!

Best,
jcl246
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 17:49
CONGRATS everyone for getting an interview! I'm truly impressed by how many GMATClubbers are getting interviews this year compared to last, even in this crazy economic environment and the increase with applications!

Good work everyone and hope we get some more GMATClubber classmates for terry12 next year!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2008, 18:42
congrats everyone on all the interview invites.

I'm still putting together the R2 application, with similar anxiety as you guys had waiting on invites. One recommender is stressing me out. I think she must be out on holiday. I've tried calling and e-mailing with no response. I'm going to snail mail her tomorrow.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 14:34
Usually I am a silent observer on the forum but i had to share..

I was interviewed for Stanford 3 weeks ago here in Israel so that's another GMATclubber to the pile..

The tension is KILLING me! I also applied for Berkeley and got no reply and I am just wrapping up my applications for Booth and CBS just to cover my bases.
still, as time goes by I slowly realize that all of these schools don't really matter to me. For a million reasons beyond the obvious ones - I have got to get into Stanford.

o.k - back to "Stand By Mode".
Good night and happy new year.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2008, 14:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  31    Next  [ 613 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: erlandgas