Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:08 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Biotech, Operations, Supply Chain
Schools:Duke, Kellogg, Michigan, Stanford, Darden
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
The cardholder in the admit packet was pretty nice. Got a nice scholarship though so I was a little more excited by that!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
blake5790 wrote:
Just got mine this morning. 8k/ yr. Like Ntang mentioned, it definitely seems like they try to spread the wealth around.

I got the same thing. Not bad, but definitely not enough to sway my decision.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
To those who received their admission packets, what courier service was used ... and was a signature required for delivery? I ask because I'm out of town for a couple of weeks and don't want stuff left at my doorstep.

Thanks!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
My package was sent USPS and was left on my doorstep (it wouldn't fit in the mailbox) with no signature required.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Does anyone have idea how many people in Cof 2008/2009 accepted/have offers from Mck/Bain/BCG?

As I had nothing important to do, I searched for Mck + school name in LinkedIn. I know the numbers may not be representative; I was plain curious.

Kellogg - 523
Ross - 148
Tuck - 113
Haas - 111
Fuqua - 78
Darden - 71

Good to see Fuqua throwing good numbers despite being much younger. Ofcourse, Kellogg is the Big Daddy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
abhyudaya wrote:
Does anyone have idea how many people in Cof 2008/2009 accepted/have offers from Mck/Bain/BCG?

As I had nothing important to do, I searched for Mck + school name in LinkedIn. I know the numbers may not be representative; I was plain curious.

Kellogg - 523
Ross - 148
Tuck - 113
Haas - 111
Fuqua - 78
Darden - 71

Good to see Fuqua throwing good numbers despite being much younger. Ofcourse, Kellogg is the Big Daddy.

Wow, way to use the power of the internet! Very interesting search results. I would say the difference between Darden, Fuqua, Haas, Tuck and Ross is not that significant. Linkedin is not a random sample and Ross has a huge number of alumni, so I'd say they all fall in about the same range.

However, what's up with Kellogg? I would guess that Linkedin has been promoted heavily there as a valuable networking tool? Otherwise, how would you explain almost 5x as many McKinsey positions?? I could see Kellogg reputation pulling twice as many as the others, but 5x??

RF
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General
Schools:Harvard, Kellogg, Wharton, Duke
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Here's just a quick post for anyone still interviewing in Round 2. I interviewed in R1 (and got in), and this forum was really helpful so I wanted to pass on some tips. The interview was really comfortable - in fact, I was so struck by how friendly and easygoing everyone I met at Fuqua was. The best prep I did for the interviews was actually just in writing my essays for other schools. My interviewer didn't rehash any of the questions in the Fuqua essays, but there were definitely questions that I'd already written comprehensive answers for - name three significant accomplishments, a time when you failed, an ethical dilemma, etc. So be sure to review any other apps you might have done so far (I found that helpful for all my interviews to date, actually). The 'run me through your resume' question was what we started with.

I didn't visit the school before submitting the app - only on my interview - but to show an understanding of the general Duke culture, make sure you emphasize teamwork (Team Fuqua), global interest, and how you mean to give back to the community/world at large as a leader of consequence. It's easy enough to find Duke's definition of that through their literature and website. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Johnson
 Q49  V41
Send PM
need advice...i just applied to ross R2.
- i am 34. is duke friendly for older applicants?
- i have not visited duke, not done much research on it. today is jan 3. jan 7 is their deadline. i have nothing else to do. do you guys think 5 days is enough to put together some thing decent OR should i apply for R3
- is there any point in applying for R3 at Duke?
- now things get really interesting...i also want to apply to both kellogg & cornell. their deadlines are jan 12. need to prepare their applns too. if i choose duke, one of cornell or kellogg has to fall off. so duke OR no duke and cornell+kellogg instead...what do you say?

need to start doing something in a couple of hours. would really appreciate advice.
-rsc
Current Student
Send PM
rscricket wrote:
need advice...i just applied to ross R2.
- i am 34. is duke friendly for older applicants?
- i have not visited duke, not done much research on it. today is jan 3. jan 7 is their deadline. i have nothing else to do. do you guys think 5 days is enough to put together some thing decent OR should i apply for R3
- is there any point in applying for R3 at Duke?
- now things get really interesting...i also want to apply to both kellogg & cornell. their deadlines are jan 12. need to prepare their applns too. if i choose duke, one of cornell or kellogg has to fall off. so duke OR no duke and cornell+kellogg instead...what do you say?

need to start doing something in a couple of hours. would really appreciate advice.
-rsc

- Yes Duke is older applicant friendly.
- 5 days is enough if you have a nice pool of essay material to draw from
- you want to do two applications between now and Jan 12th? Hats off to you!!

RF
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Johnson
 Q49  V41
Send PM
i am taking all days off. i know it is still rushed. but after Ross app, i have a few things prepared. however cornell's ToC essay has already got my head spinning.

also Round 3 at Fuqua, any use?
Current Student
Send PM
As I'm sure you know, Round 3 is very competitive at any school. It's likely only 10-20% of spots remain.

It would depend on how competitive you are. If Duke is a safety for you, then it's probably not a huge risk to take. If it's a stretch, then it's likely a waste of time.

RF
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
rscricket wrote:
i am taking all days off. i know it is still rushed. but after Ross app, i have a few things prepared. however cornell's ToC essay has already got my head spinning.

also Round 3 at Fuqua, any use?

Before deciding how many apps to try and get in before R2 deadlines, you should also consider whether your recommenders can get the recs done in time...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Columbia, Duke
 Q47  V35
Send PM
I have a question regarding recommendations... one of my recommenders had his letter in one full essay form, is this acceptable? Or should he break it down to answer each question separately?

Regarding the upload file formats for the essays, should I use pdf or use MS word? Do they have file size limits?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
TheFreedomAngel wrote:
I have a question regarding recommendations... one of my recommenders had his letter in one full essay form, is this acceptable? Or should he break it down to answer each question separately?

Regarding the upload file formats for the essays, should I use pdf or use MS word? Do they have file size limits?

I have uploaded my essays in MS word format. After upload it automatically converted all files to pdf. I believe they do have a size limit. Maybe it's 500kb. Not 100% sure though.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
MS Word file will never get as big as specified file limit. That shouldn't be your worry if your recommender isn't writing a biography about you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
 Q50  V41
Send PM
refurb wrote:
abhyudaya wrote:

Kellogg - 523
Ross - 148
Tuck - 113
Haas - 111
Fuqua - 78
Darden - 71

Wow, way to use the power of the internet! Very interesting search results. I would say the difference between Darden, Fuqua, Haas, Tuck and Ross is not that significant. Linkedin is not a random sample and Ross has a huge number of alumni, so I'd say they all fall in about the same range.

However, what's up with Kellogg? I would guess that Linkedin has been promoted heavily there as a valuable networking tool? Otherwise, how would you explain almost 5x as many McKinsey positions?? I could see Kellogg reputation pulling twice as many as the others, but 5x??

RF

As per BW reports and Kellogg's employment statistics, Mck indeed takes 3x as many as it takes from elite schools. Obviously it helps that Kellogg has proportionately more people from consulting background.

I am more interested in ppl who could make a switch to Big 3 consulting from lets say IT/other unrelated industry. LinkedIn can be helpful here as well.
Anybody who can throw light on this !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just submitted for Round 2...

Good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  50