Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 06:35 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 06:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [5]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management, Strategy & Finance
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Re: 750 - Q:50, V42 ... thank you GMAT club ! [#permalink]
Awesome score ... Congrats

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4620 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
prude_sb,
congrats.. its a great score. goodluck with app process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Congratulations, awesome score!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
great score and excellent write-up. All the best for your applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Great result!

Interesting to see that quite a number of your gmat club tests are in the 50% bracket. I'm glad Im not the only one! These tests have been kicking my ass. I'm hoping the actual gmat will be a bit easier. I'm still to take the gmat prep tests or any other type of mock gmat.

Enjoy your celebrations!.

Aztec
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4079 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Name: Ronak Amin
Schools: IIM Lucknow (IPMX) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Great score!! Congrats:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Great debrief. Gd luck for your apps and continue to contribute to the club.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72933 [0]
Given Kudos: 18876
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
alwynjoseph wrote:
prude_sb wrote:
I took my GMAT today and scored 750 !

I'm soooo relieved to be done with GMAT. I'll update this post later with more details on preparations and tips from my side .. but here is how my test day went ...

Test day : I was looking for details in other members posts last night and felt that the detailed posts were very valuable. So I'm actually going to be a verbose here.

I had my test at 11am ... but i went to the test center early ... i was there at 10:15 ... the receptionist asked me to go through some rules etc for GMAT ... then she took a photograph of me (i carried a light jacket since i felt the a/c was cranked up a bit when i check out the center a week back and she was quite particular about taking my photograph in the exact dress i was going to wear ... i told her that i was not planing to use the jacket since it is not too cold today .. but she still let me take the jacket in). She then took a palm vein picture ... and then I went to the area near the test room. There was another lady who thoroughly checked all pockets of my jacket. She then took another palm vein picture (she actually took a picture every time I entered and left the room, during breaks). She then logged me in and I was able to start my test at 10:30 !

The AWA was pretty cool first one was an Analysis of Argument where the argument was similar to one I had practiced so it was easy to come up with similar examples. I had'nt practiced essays much ... i had tried writing 2 AA and 2 AI essays before ... and had an issue completing the essays on time ... but I was able to complete the the AA essay well on time. With about 7 mins to spare ... I completed the essay ... checked the flow etc and made minor corrections ... I then submitted the essay with a couple of mins to spare.

The Analysis of Issue essay was ok as well ... topic was similar to the ones in OG ... i was deliberating a little bit before I took a stand ... cos it depended on the strength of the examples for both sides of the issue ... i was finally able to write an essay (i thought it turned out ok ) and finish with 2 mins to spare ... the rest of the 1 min 45 secs went in doing a quick check and I clicked on submit ... Overall I was satisfied with the essays ...

I then took the break ... raised my hand and the lady signaled me to come out ... I went to my locker ... got some water and used the restroom ... I then came back right away and completed my palm vein picture so I could get in ... i had used up only 3.5 mins and asked if I could use up remaining minutes while waiting in front of the computer ( i just wanted to relax a bit and remind myself of the common mistakes I had done while taking practice tests ... read the question properly .. positive integer does nto include zero etc) ... but the lady mentioned that they are not allowed let anyone in the test room while the test is not running so she logged in and the timed screen started ... I jumped into quant right away ... it was easy intially and about q9 or 11 i got a difficult geometry problem ... that I had no clue about how to proceed even after spending 1.5 mins ... i just guessed and went on ... there were a few difficult questions which were manageable ... I remember getting a difficult question on surds that I did not know how to solve ... i kinda did some approximations and some brutal arithmetic and picked an answer ... towards the end the questions seemed a bit easier ... but overall math was certainly more difficult than what I was used to from GMATPREP. Towards the end I had like 11 minutes and about 7 questions ... in the last few GMATPREP takes I was always able to finish with some time to spare ... so I felt a bit under pressure ... but fortunately the DS questions I got subsequently did not involve many calculations and I was able to finish on dot ... with 30 secs to spare ...

I took the next break ... same routine ... but I had my frappucino and waited outside a lil bit to cool down from the math session .. i came in with 2 mins left in my break and started the verbal section

My GMATPREP verbal sections usually had a pattern .... they start with a couple of SCs then CRs then 1 short RC ... CRs & SCs ... 1 short RC ... CRs and SCs .. 1 long RC ... then CRs and SCs ... 1 short RC after Q30 ... and always ended with the last before question being a CR and the last question being an SC ... my GMAT test followed the same pattern so it was good that the flow that I was used to was maintained ... I remember that there were a few difficult SCs (4 or so) ... really none of the options were optimal ... but I had to pick really the least ugly ... i went on ... my timing on verbal was quite alright .. since i did not get any of those nebulous passages with extremely long scentences that takes some time to figure out what it really means ... i had 4 mins for my last SC ... so I finished with about 3 mins to spare ...

then finished the background check thing etc ... then reported score ... and waited for THE SCORE ... praying 750 or above ... and there it was ... 750 - 98%, 50-93%, 42-95% ... i was a lil disappointed with quant cos I usually got 51 in GMATPREP ... but verbal was better than I usually did ... so overall HAPPY !

oh and one more thing ... the sharpie (this is as sharp as a pencil tip) and the laminated work sheets they gave were not too bad at all ... i practiced with paper an pen throughout and had no problems with the sharpie and laminated sheets ... i did'nt even use up all the sheets they gave me ...

Congrats...Great score....when you find time share your prep strategy , materials you used etc

Good prep strategy for math.....but i keep failing in Verbal...need more practice....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
congratulations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Concentration: Management, Strategy & Finance
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Thanks Everyone !
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10041 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats!!! Great score!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats . Excellent debrief
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NUS, NTU, SMU, AGSM, Melbourne School of Business
 Q39  V28
Send PM
Congratulations! Great Score. Great Writeup. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Send PM
Congrats.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2415 [0]