Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Columbia Business School, NYU
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School, NYU
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
JinJJa wrote:
xlick, even online, your confidence borders on arrogance. It is not a criticism but an observation. Those are the things they are trying to ding you on. They are looking for team players with strong social skills and leadership,

Also, I checked out your blog, you do NOT want to write anything negative about Ithaca by saying "drawback of Ithaca" when you are applying to Johnson. Yes, ADCOMS DO read these forums and even read your blogs. You are lucky tons of applicants have a 730.

Dude, I think he was totally joking.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
My status just changed to "under review" directly from "submitted". It did not go through "completed"

My status shows a list of documents received, it says I am missing IELTS score but I think I am exempt since I am a domestic US citizen applicant (exempt from TOFEL with US UG and work experience)

R2 applicant submitted on 11/12

ONE BIG ADVICE NEEDED:

should I mention to Adcom I am taking the GMAT again in early December? I made the decision to retake after my submission. I guess I won't get dinged so fast before 12/12/09 which is my GMAT date.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jzd wrote:
My status just changed to "under review" directly from "submitted". It did not go through "completed"

My status shows a list of documents received, it says I am missing IELTS score but I think I am exempt since I am a domestic US citizen applicant (exempt from TOFEL with US UG and work experience)

R2 applicant submitted on 11/12

ONE BIG ADVICE NEEDED:

should I mention to Adcom I am taking the GMAT again in early December? I made the decision to retake after my submission. I guess I won't get dinged so fast before 12/12/09 which is my GMAT date.

If you read the last year's forum on this, most R2 do not get their interview invites until mid December and it is unlikely they would decide on your application by early December. I may say something different if you were to take the GMAT in mid December. But it may not hurt to notify them of your decision to retake the GMAT early Dec.

Good luck on your GMAT! Go Go Go!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V41
Send PM
My application went "under review" today.

I am a R2 applicant.

It says that the received my transcript and then in brackets hey say not official. Does anybody else experienced this?

thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mjjking wrote:
My application went "under review" today.

I am a R2 applicant.

It says that the received my transcript and then in brackets hey say not official. Does anybody else experienced this?

thanks!

It means they have received your scanned transcript but not yet received your official transcript from schools.
If you haven't already done so, you should have your Ugrad send an official transcript to Cornell Johnson.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
To R1 applicants: any idea when we'll be hearing back from them? Last year when did Cornell start sending out admits?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
infanteed wrote:
To R1 applicants: any idea when we'll be hearing back from them? Last year when did Cornell start sending out admits?

Last year, people were receiving admits starting mid Nov and most were getting their calls and emails in early December until the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
infanteed wrote:

Last year, people were receiving admits starting mid Nov and most were getting their calls and emails in early December until the deadline.

Oh wow, that is interesting. I had no idea that they would ever issue admits prior to the official notification deadline. That is kind of good, but also kind of bad, because that means I will have ongoing anxiety over a 2.5 week span rather than having just concentrated anxiety over a few days, lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Architect wrote:
JinJJa wrote:
infanteed wrote:

Oh wow, that is interesting. I had no idea that they would ever issue admits prior to the official notification deadline. That is kind of good, but also kind of bad, because that means I will have ongoing anxiety over a 2.5 week span rather than having just concentrated anxiety over a few days, lol

Well, I am not sure if that is the policy, but that is what they did last year. Perhaps they saw too many great applicants in R1 to pass up and made an offer. That was a record setting round in terms of sheer application volume.

Also, I know they often made an offer of admission the day after the interview last year. I think the general policy is to notify you within 5 business days.

If the latest is they will only notify you on the deadline date, then I would go by that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General
Schools:Cornell (R1),
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: E-Payments (3 years)
WE 2: Semiconductors (3 years)
WE 3: Aerospace & Defense (2 years)
Send PM
Last year's thread indicated that they only started telling people the week of the deadline.

On an additional and related note, someone from the admissions office mentioned that they planned to release all of the decisions "at once" (whatever that means).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Got the interview invite today...yohoooooooo!!
Can you guys please share your interview experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:

Even I got the invite just now, was hoping that you would also have got. Logged in to gmatclub and here you are alive and kicking :).

Could you schedule it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
rohitmakkad wrote:
mbacheckmate wrote:

Even I got the invite just now, was hoping that you would also have got. Logged in to gmatclub and here you are alive and kicking :).

Could you schedule it?

Nah,I could not schedule it today.Will call as soon as I wake up tomorrow. :)
I am help up in this conference call at work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
congrats guys. i've scheduled mine for thursday. gonna make the 4 hour drive down :? also scheduled a class visit right after my interview :)

best of luck guys. maybe we'll all be in class '12.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
the email says about the campus tour, but being an international applicant I wouldn't be able to schedule campus interview. I assume it was a template email and valid for telephonic / video interview as well.

mbacheckmate, where do you hail from?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:

Congrats! Here is an excerpt from someone at this forum last year:

1. Why mba? goals? Why Johnson?
2. tell me about your work.
3. Difficult situation at work.
4. weakness?
5. how do you sell yourself to your post MBA employer? (I was a little bit surprised by this)
6. other schools that you applied? How would you choose between them if you were admitted? (woaa..another unexpected. Man, I wish I could choose).
7. what would your peer say about you?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Havent been to the boards in a long time. Gmat club was a big part of my life. Maybe too big of a part.

Now that I am actually in school, I look back and remember what it was like to be an applicant.

If anyone has any questions, I am a first year at Cornell, please feel free to PM me with any questions. Alot of people provided me advice on gmatclub along the way, so Id like to do the same.

Shout out to Raeband.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  72