Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 17:54 It is currently 08 May 2024, 17:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Tuck, Booth, Kellogg, LBS [WL], Cornell, Ross
 Q51  V46
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance/Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden Class of 2012
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Big 4 Accounting
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
submitted for the january round. please add me to roll call. let the waiting begin.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi! I applied in the Nov round but have not been invited to interview... is there hope???
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Haas (R1) HBS (R2) Yale SOM (R2) Tuck (R2)
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Just submitted my app for the January Round... Going for an interview on Friday as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: MC, Entrepreneurship, GM
Schools:Tuck class of 2012
 Q50  V42
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Send PM
Kudos
LAOF wrote:
Hi! I applied in the Nov round but have not been invited to interview... is there hope???

International applicant I suppose?
I had my adcom initiated interview in the third week of December. Based on the last year's topic on BW, very very few interview invitations were sent in January (actually, I can't see any). But only the adcom knows for sure...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard (R1), Stanford (R1), Yale (R1), Berkeley (R2), NYU (R2)
 Q46  V42
Send PM
I'm in for January round- please update roll call. Submitted yesterday and crossing my fingers...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I just wanted to share my interview experience since I have really benefited from this board.. my time to give back!

Attended the class session in the morning and then was seated in a waiting room.

The adcom came in and escoted me to her office. We started off with light banter and common ground the adcome found on my resume.

1. Walk me through your resume which I did starting with past education up to current work experience

2. So why Tuck? How do you fit in? What do you bring to Tuck?

3. Why an MBA now?

4. What is your single biggest accomplishment? Based on the answer she probed more into it..

5. What is your immediate goal after you graduate? and she probed more into it by asking specific questions based on my answer..

6. We casually spoke about the culture of tuck..

7. What is your leadership style? give me an example

8. She told me How tuck would be a good fit for what i seek I did not ask for it...( not sure if this is a bad sign!)

Overall: She was very attentive and made eye contact. She took notes as we spoke and took time to answer my questions.

Not sure how I fared but it lasted about 40 minutes.

I seem to have had a more questions and the interview took longer then others Can some one tell me if this a bad sign?

Just really nervous?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:INSEAD'11
Send PM
Mod, can you add me to R3 ( Jan). Just submitted.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V41
Send PM
What happens if you submitted your application right at the deadline time?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Haas (R1) HBS (R2) Yale SOM (R2) Tuck (R2)
 Q48  V44
Send PM
agnok wrote:
I just wanted to share my interview experience since I have really benefited from this board.. my time to give back!

Attended the class session in the morning and then was seated in a waiting room.

The adcom came in and escoted me to her office. We started off with light banter and common ground the adcome found on my resume.

1. Walk me through your resume which I did starting with past education up to current work experience

2. So why Tuck? How do you fit in? What do you bring to Tuck?

3. Why an MBA now?

4. What is your single biggest accomplishment? Based on the answer she probed more into it..

5. What is your immediate goal after you graduate? and she probed more into it by asking specific questions based on my answer..

6. We casually spoke about the culture of tuck..

7. What is your leadership style? give me an example

8. She told me How tuck would be a good fit for what i seek I did not ask for it...( not sure if this is a bad sign!)

Overall: She was very attentive and made eye contact. She took notes as we spoke and took time to answer my questions.

Not sure how I fared but it lasted about 40 minutes.

I seem to have had a more questions and the interview took longer then others Can some one tell me if this a bad sign?

Just really nervous?

I think longer is better to me that means she wasn't bored and wanted to run you out of there. The sales pitch at the end also seems like a good thing and that she personalized it to suggest how Tuck would help you meet your goals was a very nice touch. All in all from what you posted it sounds like a good interview to me.

Thanks for posting your experience I am interviewing this friday and it is always good to see how other people's interviews went.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
rnd 2, submitted. Godspeed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Send PM
I'm in for Round 2, via the Consortium. I did my Tuck interview this past Summer, and later did my Consortium interview with them as well. Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Schools:Tuck, Darden, UNC K-F, Johnson
Send PM
I'm in for the January Round as well, and going up to interview next week. I'm bringing my husband with me to see the school/area - in the interview registration email they said we could contact the Tuck Partners Association to "arrange his visit." Has anyone on the thread brought a partner with them when they visited the school? I'd love for him to not be super bored for the whole day but wasn't sure if this was a real option or just a nice guesture (and I know most partners associations are primarily female/with kids/etc.) Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
How much is going to hurt if I did not arrange a campus interview? I am at Texas, it may cause too much trouble to travel to Hanover. The big part is for the traffic right now, it may take me at least three vacation days. Anyone can help?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
I was completely done with the interview/tour/class visit by around 1:30 since I scheduled my interview for early in the day. If you schedule an interview for early on a Monday morning, you can probably get 8-10 hours of driving in after you're done at Tuck. Then you can finish the drive to Texas on Tuesday without much difficulty and only use up two vacation days. Just a thought.

Unless you can come up with a good reason for why you didn't have an interview at Tuck. I wasn't about to write in that box on the application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
uscgrad05 wrote:
I'm in for the January Round as well, and going up to interview next week. I'm bringing my husband with me to see the school/area - in the interview registration email they said we could contact the Tuck Partners Association to "arrange his visit." Has anyone on the thread brought a partner with them when they visited the school? I'd love for him to not be super bored for the whole day but wasn't sure if this was a real option or just a nice guesture (and I know most partners associations are primarily female/with kids/etc.) Thoughts?

Partners are a BIG thing at Tuck. It wasn't just a nice gesture! Most of the Tuck partners are women, but there is a group of guys who it would be worth talking to! Would your husband be living in Hanover if you attended? If so, it would be very worthwhile to bring him along and have him talk with the Partner's club.

RF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hohoo wrote:
How much is going to hurt if I did not arrange a campus interview? I am at Texas, it may cause too much trouble to travel to Hanover. The big part is for the traffic right now, it may take me at least three vacation days. Anyone can help?

I applied R1 and am still waiting for my decision, I can tell you that I did not go on campus for an interview. It was a hectic time for me and I live on the west coast, definitely a hassle to head out there. However, I was contacted for an interview by a second year with Tuck around early December. My interview was the same as the on campus ones that people can schedule on their own, i.e. blind, 30/40 min, same questions. I think it certainly shows interest when you can visit a campus, but it won't make or break your application if you don't go visit. If they like your app they are going to want to interview you, schools are not unrealistic, not everyone can visit before apps go in.
Current Student
Schools:Tuck, Darden, UNC K-F, Johnson
Send PM
refurb wrote:
uscgrad05 wrote:

Partners are a BIG thing at Tuck. It wasn't just a nice gesture! Most of the Tuck partners are women, but there is a group of guys who it would be worth talking to! Would your husband be living in Hanover if you attended? If so, it would be very worthwhile to bring him along and have him talk with the Partner's club.

RF

Cool, thanks RF. He would be able to move up with me starting in January if I were admitted (his job allows remote work, which is nice...) so I definitely wanted him to see what it's like and if there are folks around to share their experiences, all the better. Thanks for the advice!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  32