Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Schools:Columbia(RD-ding w/o int),
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Applied 1/14. Only received the email stating that my application has been received and it is complete for review.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
For those of you who have already interviewed on campus. What kind of activities are organized by Stern? At the moment I have scheduled the interview + lunch with students. However I would like to attend a class and speak with few students clubs. For class visits, Stern website only says that they are reserved for people who are interviewing, however I could not enroll for them when I set up my interview. Does anybody know how does it work?

Also, I am a female applicant, and although I received invitiation to interview last week, my invitation was not extended to the SWIB conference (where I think they also interview candidates). Does anybody know if this means something? I am not sure if they only interview US applicants
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Kudos
Xerion wrote:
For those of you who have already interviewed on campus. What kind of activities are organized by Stern? At the moment I have scheduled the interview + lunch with students. However I would like to attend a class and speak with few students clubs. For class visits, Stern website only says that they are reserved for people who are interviewing, however I could not enroll for them when I set up my interview. Does anybody know how does it work?

Also, I am a female applicant, and although I received invitiation to interview last week, my invitation was not extended to the SWIB conference (where I think they also interview candidates). Does anybody know if this means something? I am not sure if they only interview US applicants

They will give you a Stern shirt before the interview to make you remember them. It will be great if you are accepted, but if you are denied, I suggest burning the shirt or throwing it away.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Haha Bamo - This post cracked me up!
Cheers!

Bamo wrote:
Xerion wrote:

They will give you a Stern shirt before the interview to make you remember them. It will be great if you are accepted, but if you are denied, I suggest burning the shirt or throwing it away.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
for the roster - ding today
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Stern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
niraja wrote:

sorry to hear that. hope you get in at one of your other choices.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
niraja wrote:

Sorry to hear that. but finally a closure after a looong wait. Nothing for me yet.

nath99
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
smashzone wrote:
Do you think NYU is looking into having a healthcare side as well? Columbia & Wharton already have an established healthcare focus for its MBA students. Is Stern looking to do the same?

I have my doubts - as you note, there are already a few schools with very strong programs there, and off-hand I cannot think of any faculty with strength in that field to make it anything other than a new build out. I think the real estate side is where they can make strides, marketing / consulting is pretty strong now and can be left to move organically with the encouragement to EMT, Social Enterprise and LuxRet amongst other items the students direct the school.

Xerion wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the SWIB thing - they must have a nightmare arranging that as it would be easy ten-times over subscribed against the number of places. Perhaps the international element does play in, as they want to be more flexible with your timing to travel international, but I can't say that for fact (especially as I remember speaking to Europeans there last year, but not whether they were US resident at that time).

As for the class visit, there should be some available. I would suggest phoning to ask - you might have landed on Spring Break. If they have none listed, befriend the Graduate Ambassadors that morning and see if one will take you to class, as you could get something quite good (they are final semester now, so are probably doing fun stuff).
Current Student
Concentration: Foreign Market Development, Investment Strategy
Schools:Georgetown '12
Send PM
Ding for me :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
received the update today(applied 11/13)
denied without interview.

nath99
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Terrible news... :| I wish you all the best with your other applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
niraja, vishwa, nath99

Soory to hear about the rejection. Do you mind sharing your profiles.

I applied on 11/15, still waiting to hear. Will keep you posted.

Thx
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Just got the update. Dinged without interview.

Profile: M 29/Indian/680 gmat/ 6yrs WE

Thx,
Harish
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Still waiting for an interview. Submitted on R2 deadline day, nothing heard yet. When is the notification date? Sigh :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Dinged without interview. Applied on 11/16.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Its interesting nobody who have had interviews have heard back.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
that's not true... there are people who interviewed after us (1/11 or 1/12) who got acceptances... I am pretty convinced for this for Stern: if you do not hear for an interview within a month of application, then you're ding or waitlist. if you do not hear within 2 weeks after interview, then it's a ding or waitlist
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  54