Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance/Social Venture Capital
Schools:Michigan 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 2.5 Years - Deloitte
Send PM
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
gtanman15 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
niraja wrote:
gotcha Class2012 and rao. hope i didn't miss their e-mails....

Check your spam filters The invite should't be too hard to miss. The Sender title would be Application Interview. And the email titles is Ross School of Business Interview.

Anyone know if they are open today?

Congrats GoBruins. Did you see how many open spots they still have when you scheduled your interview?

On friday there was 99 Interview.
Today there are 76 Interview Open (This actually doesn't say that people took up all the interview spots -but that I can no longer schedule interviews for Today)

Of the 76 Open right now, 56 are for the Week of 22-25th. There are no interview spots open after the 25th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
niraja wrote:

Check your spam filters The invite should't be too hard to miss. The Sender title would be Application Interview. And the email titles is Ross School of Business Interview.

i would if i could, gmail deletes my spam folder pretty much automatically. i've shut that feature off since a week or so. doubt i missed any emails though....
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
niraja wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
niraja wrote:

i would if i could, gmail deletes my spam folder pretty much automatically. i've shut that feature off since a week or so. doubt i missed any emails though....

my spam filters are set to 30 days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Looks like its official, Soojin posted a new blog entry saying feb 26 is last day for interviews.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to give you an update. Had my interview on the 13th with an alumni in the area at a local coffee shop. Like many other students we ran through the standard questions of why an MBA, why Ross, and walk me through your resume with some additional leadership style questions here and there. Overall, it was definitely NOT my best interview. We never really seemed to gel and I came away with a pretty bad impression of my performance. Oh well, you live you learn. Now all I can do is hope for the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
So if interviews have to be completed by the 26th, is there any hard deadline for when they would ding people?

I know I'm not looking good now, but Ross is the only school I haven't heard anything from...no completion email, interview email, etc.

Anybody else in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is the entire application material (with int report) reviewed before reaching final decision? Or is just pre interview decision ratified with int. report?

I must admit I am very nervous.

+aB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
For those that have been to Ann Arbor- any cool restaurants/bars to check out? I'm heading there tomorrow for my interview and will be staying the night.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Kudos
dbuzzy wrote:
For those that have been to Ann Arbor- any cool restaurants/bars to check out? I'm heading there tomorrow for my interview and will be staying the night.

I've heard good things about Scorekeeper (sports bar) and Dominic's (restaurant). Dominic's may not be open during the winter, though, since it's outdoors.

I stayed at Lamp Post Inn. The staff were very nice and everything, and the room was neat and clean. However, there is anecdotal reason why I wouldn't stay there again. After I had already gone to bed, a couple checked into the room next to mine. And before long, I started hearing "noises" coming from next door. I don't know if this is kosher for the forums, but let's just say that the woman was very "expressive." I turned on the fan, cranked up the white noise app on my iPhone, cursed the paper-thin walls, and regretted so, so much that I did not bring earplugs. Wasn't until after midnight that they had finished their "activities." Granted it was Valentine's Day and all, but argh!!!

Anyway, best of luck with your interview!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
dbuzzy wrote:

Check out Zingerman's Deli!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
dbuzzy wrote:

1. Zingerman's Deli in Kerrytown, north of campus. World famous. A couple of guys that travel the world tasting for the best everything, even when it's hidden in tiny valleys or on un-travelable mountainsides. Then they have it shipped at exorbitant prices to their bakehouse and deli in Ann Arbor and pass the cost and flavor onto you.
2. Fleetwood Diner -- it's a trailer parked on the curb -- west of campus past Main St. Get the Hippie Hash (don't worry; you'll still be able to pass a drug test after)
3. Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger, southwest of campus. Imagine if the SoupNazi served smashed burgers and let itinerant (some might argue homeless) employees run the griddle. This is Blimpy Burger. But it's the Midwest so the worst that happens if you mess up is you get to start over.

Scorekeepers is where some MBAs and UGrad frat/sorority houses go to drink, though, if you are interested. Dominic's is cool, however, and frequented by MBAs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
I just received an invitation to interview! I submitted 1/4 via the Consortium. I had actually already convinced myself that I wasn't getting in so for those still waiting for an interview, there's still hope! The annoying thing is that they are only giving me until the 2/25 to schedule it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Ross (R2)
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday on campus. Interviewed with a second year MBA who was super nice and I felt very comfortable. We had a lot in common (both interested in health care) and it was more of a conversation that just q&a.

Standard interview q's: walk me through your resume, why MBA now, why Ross, a negative situation at work (failure), leading a team, what activities you'd want to get involved in at Ross, what departments do you like. Plenty of time for q's. In total, about 40 minutes.

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Duke , Darden , Tuck , Ross
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday(on campus) and it was pretty conversational. It was with a 2nd year student who had similar background and career goals as I do. The questions were pretty standard:
Why Mba
Why Ross
Walk me through your Resume
Some specific questions about my resume
Some questions about my background and career goals
Nothing out of ordinary...
The interview lasted for 35-40 minutes.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for invites and who are going to interview now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Does anybody know if you have to put down your deposit before you hear from the financial aid office? I sent them my FAFSA info a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything, but I also haven't told them I'm definitely enrolling...?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
zippy10 wrote:
I just received an invitation to interview! I submitted 1/4 via the Consortium. I had actually already convinced myself that I wasn't getting in so for those still waiting for an interview, there's still hope! The annoying thing is that they are only giving me until the 2/25 to schedule it.

Did they give you an option of interviewing with an alumni?

updated your status.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts