Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Pi Tau Sigma - Mechanical Engineering Honor Fraternity
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Renewable Energy
Schools:Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School
 Q38  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 7 yr/Project Engineer in Product Development and Manufacturing - Fortune 500
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Reality wrote:
So has anyone received an invite from Ross this week?

not me. i consider two possibilities -

1) The optimist - they will release phone-interview invites today / next week on a chosen day.
2) The realist - they are truly done interviewing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
I think I read somewhere where they said that they would still be doing phone interviews or something through next week, until 2/26. But I wouldn't count on it, since it's so late in the process already.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
 Q38  V38
WE 1: 7 yr/Project Engineer in Product Development and Manufacturing - Fortune 500
Send PM
Kudos
I called yesterday and was told that they will continue to interview up to a few days before releasing desicions... so that gives us hope right? hehehe
Current Student
Send PM
joaonorona wrote:
I called yesterday and was told that they will continue to interview up to a few days before releasing desicions... so that gives us hope right? hehehe

Interesting tidbit of information! I'm pretty sure that they specifically said they will complete all interviews by 2/26, so if they will start releasing decisions a few days after that, can we interpret that to mean that the decision release date is likely to be the very beginning of March?
Intern
Intern
 Q38  V38
Send PM
Don't know where you got the 2/26 date as end of interviews, but I took the information a different way.
If they start releasing desicions on 3/15 (as stated on their website), I assume the girl meant that they will continue to interview until shortly before that, maybe 3/10-12?
The next two weeks will be crazy!
Current Student
Send PM
joaonorona wrote:
Don't know where you got the 2/26 date as end of interviews, but I took the information a different way.
If they start releasing desicions on 3/15 (as stated on their website), I assume the girl meant that they will continue to interview until shortly before that, maybe 3/10-12?
The next two weeks will be crazy!

Soojin, the Director of Admissions, specifically brought up the 2/26 date in her blog.

https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions/
Intern
Intern
 Q38  V38
Send PM
I had never seen that blog... hmmm... I guess 2/26 it is. Man, that's not making me feel any better! hehehehe. She did say they will try to start releasing decisions before March 15th, so you may be right assuming they may begin March 1st.
So next week I will find out if I get an interview at Ross at all, Starting March 1st Kellogg (MMM) starts releasing decisions, and on March 8th MIT (LGO) will release their decisicons... at least I already interviewed with a couple of other schools...

Thanks for the info!
Current Student
Send PM
joaonorona wrote:
I had never seen that blog... hmmm... I guess 2/26 it is. Man, that's not making me feel any better! hehehehe. She did say they will try to start releasing decisions before March 15th, so you may be right assuming they may begin March 1st.
So next week I will find out if I get an interview at Ross at all, Starting March 1st Kellogg (MMM) starts releasing decisions, and on March 8th MIT (LGO) will release their decisicons... at least I already interviewed with a couple of other schools...

Thanks for the info!

No prob. Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
dbuzzy wrote:
In Ann Arbor now and just got back from Zingerman's. Great suggestion, my sandwich was a little piece of heaven, even though it was 14.50. Also checked out Blimpie Burger, but wasnt that impressed. Overall, Ann Arbor is a pretty cool town, particularly Main Street.

yeah it's a good sandwich, the cheese selection is also pretty amazing. Pricey for sure. I went with my gf and it was like 25 bucks when I was done.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
joaonorona wrote:

Thanks for the info!

They do WL without interview.

Check out Fatb. it's actually pretty funny.
calling-all-michigan-ross-fall-2009-applicants-67306-1280.html#p576879
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
dbuzzy wrote:
In Ann Arbor now and just got back from Zingerman's. Great suggestion, my sandwich was a little piece of heaven, even though it was 14.50. Also checked out Blimpie Burger, but wasnt that impressed. Overall, Ann Arbor is a pretty cool town, particularly Main Street.

Yeah, Blimpie Burger is a love/hate thing for most people. Just like the SoupNazi in NY. Soup there isn't even better than Hale & Hearty but it's something unique. But all the restaurants in the Main Street area are fantastic. Prickly Pear is amazing Mexican. Seafood & Company is fantastic. The Blue Nile is the best Ethiopian food I have ever had.

Basically, the thing that I like about Ann Arbor is that the "college town" label is kind of a too-modest misnomer. It's really a big city on a small scale. Essentially any form of entertainment that you could get in a big city, you can grab in Ann Arbor -- within walking distance from the school's campus. I've seen other college towns and it's really not the same.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:

Yeah, Blimpie Burger is a love/hate thing for most people. Just like the SoupNazi in NY. Soup there isn't even better than Hale & Hearty but it's something unique. But all the restaurants in the Main Street area are fantastic. Prickly Pear is amazing Mexican. Seafood & Company is fantastic. The Blue Nile is the best Ethiopian food I have ever had.

Basically, the thing that I like about Ann Arbor is that the "college town" label is kind of a too-modest misnomer. It's really a big city on a small scale. Essentially any form of entertainment that you could get in a big city, you can grab in Ann Arbor -- within walking distance from the school's campus. I've seen other college towns and it's really not the same.

Madison, WI...but I may be a bit biased :-D
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
coakleym wrote:
dbuzzy wrote:

umm big city? iono...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:
Madison, WI...but I may be a bit biased :-D

Madison's awesome! But can I be so bold as to call it an actual big city? :shock:

I think when you're the state capital, you're kind of a real place. But maybe Madison doesn't get that a lot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Y'all. Just completed my interview. I don't want to jinx it, but I think it went well. I had a phone interview with a current student who was very articulate and intelligent. Most questions were pretty standard:

Tell me about your background, Why MBA, Why Ross in one spiel.....
A few leadership questions.
A few teamwork questions.

However, there was one oddball question, which I loved:

If you could be any object on a shelf, what would it be?

At the end of the interview, she said she hopes to see me at Michigan next year. I can't wait to hear from them!
Current Student
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
However, there was one oddball question, which I loved:

If you could be any object on a shelf, what would it be?

I have heard of this one before. I don't think it matters which object you pick, so long as you are able to tie it in with your career goals and maybe your personality, etc. and you'll be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey! I just received an interview invite this afternoon....so they are still going out. This is the first communication I've heard from them since the first week of January.

The only options are on-campus or phone interviews. At this point, I'm going to have to do a phone interview. I'm a little uncertain on why I got an invite so late...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts