Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UCLA FEMBA, USC MBA.PM, LMU
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink]
Anyone attending tomorrow nights open house?

I'm not sure there's a benefit except for seeing what the turnout (err...potential number of late round applicants) is like.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Nope. I can't make it. I live on the East coast.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
phoich55 wrote:
Anyone attending tomorrow nights open house?

I'm not sure there's a benefit except for seeing what the turnout (err...potential number of late round applicants) is like.

I went to the one right before R2 apps were due. Of the 5 people I spoke with all 5 were applying for next year. I have a feeling the numbers will be the same for this open house as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
jc606 wrote:
Did anyone noticed that there is now a final deadline of May 26th for applications?

I did, don't know what that means since I don't know if they do this every year. It can also just to get more dings so the yield looks better.

Seriously. Do you guys think they'll ding good candidates to increase their yield? Will be extremely unfair, but I guess fairness isn't something we usually expect in MBA applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
jc606 wrote:
Did anyone noticed that there is now a final deadline of May 26th for applications?

I did, don't know what that means since I don't know if they do this every year. It can also just to get more dings so the yield looks better.

Seriously. Do you guys think they'll ding good candidates to increase their yield? Will be extremely unfair, but I guess fairness isn't something we usually expect in MBA applications.

Yes, but I don't think its the reason for the extension. And, your right, there is nothing fair in MBA applications or the comparison of applicants and their abilities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
If I had to make an educated guess, the extension was made to garnish the application metrics as others have pointed out. If we do a rough estimate, 320 folks interviewed in Round 2. Lets assume 25% didn't make it to the IV's then that's about 400 applicants in the second round. If we even assume 200-250 applicants in Round 1 (the activity in internet forums on round 1 is pretty non-existent), that means a 20-25% drop in the number of applicants compared to last year. And if its one thing we know about any of the MBA schools, its that they love their metrics.

A conscious decision was made to remove round 3 this year at the start and a conscious decision has been made a few weeks ago to put round 3 back. Just saying :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
sanknox wrote:
If I had to make an educated guess, the extension was made to garnish the application metrics as others have pointed out. If we do a rough estimate, 320 folks interviewed in Round 2. Lets assume 25% didn't make it to the IV's then that's about 400 applicants in the second round. If we even assume 200-250 applicants in Round 1 (the activity in internet forums on round 1 is pretty non-existent), that means a 20-25% drop in the number of applicants compared to last year. And if its one thing we know about any of the MBA schools, its that they love their metrics.

A conscious decision was made to remove round 3 this year at the start and a conscious decision has been made a few weeks ago to put round 3 back. Just saying :)

I think UCLA FEMBA has problems filling its class with similar caliber of applicants as it did last year.

The main reason is that the number of applicants has dropped very precipitously (20-25% like you said). At the same time, it added an another section, bolstering its class capacity by another 60.

So I think the deadline extension primarily has to do with filling the class with qualified applicants more than anything.

One thing I do not like at all about UCLA FEMBA admissions is its lack of rolling admissions. If you combine this with the fact it has only two rounds of admissions, then the wait can take several months. I would much rather have it be 3 rounds and have the 2nd round be over by mid-April. Both Kellogg PT and Booth PT have rolling admissions and have far more reasonable rounds and deadlines.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools:UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V42
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
sanknox wrote:

I think UCLA FEMBA has problems filling its class with similar caliber of applicants as it did last year.

The main reason is that the number of applicants has dropped very precipitously (20-25% like you said). At the same time, it added an another section, bolstering its class capacity by another 60.

So I think the deadline extension primarily has to do with filling the class with qualified applicants more than anything.

One thing I do not like at all about UCLA FEMBA admissions is its lack of rolling admissions. If you combine this with the fact it has only two rounds of admissions, then the wait can take several months. I would much rather have it be 3 rounds and have the 2nd round be over by mid-April. Both Kellogg PT and Booth PT have rolling admissions and have far more reasonable rounds and deadlines.

Jinjaa,
I really don't think they added 60 more seats, but around 25 or so. I believe it went from 285 to 310-315...With another section, it could be that less people are there in each..Just my thought!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [2]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
I'm IN!!!!!!! Got the call, was really really surprised since I thought decisions come out in June. She said my decision letter comes out friday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Entrepeneur, General Consulting
Schools:Cal, Stanford, HBS, Yale, UCLA, USC
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.01
WE 1: United Technologies (Pratt&Whitney Rocketdyne)
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
I'm IN!!!!!!! Got the call, was really really surprised since I thought decisions come out in June. She said my decision letter comes out friday.

Nice!!! Makes me more nervous though, heh.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Awesome. That's a nice surprise.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
I don't know if this was a coincidence but I updated the school on my promotion and recieved a confirmation my file was updated this morning.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA
 Q49  V34
WE 1: 14 Years
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:

Wow Go bruins !!

That's a good news. Go celebrate.

Now it makes me more anxious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UCLA FEMBA rnd 2, USC MBA.PM
 Q42  V41
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Awesome man, congratulations on that! Now I'll be checking the applyyourself website every 10 minutes until June 9th...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I checked the website today and noticed a message stating "You have withdrawn your application to the FEMBA program"

I never requested a withdrawal and am hoping this is a technical glitch...
Hopefully it's not a prelude to the message "you've been rejected!"

Anyone else on the same boat?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools:UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V42
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Send PM
Anybody else heard? Making me way too nervous...

Congrats GoBruins!

Wonder why it came so early??
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
IndianJaguar wrote:
Anybody else heard? Making me way too nervous...

Congrats GoBruins!

Wonder why it came so early??

I actually swung by the admission office (picking up my MS diploma), met the girl that made the call. I think only a couple people got the call so far. I don't know why I got it so early actually, but I did update my application twice, I got a raise the day I submitted my application and got a promotion earlier in the month. Maybe that brought my app to the front?

Where is everyone checking there status? mine still says complete.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16