Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink]
levfin2003 wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but FEMBA's website says that it turns away many qualified applicants who wait to apply until last minute. Does that mean people who submit on or shortly before the deadline are at a disadvantage over those who submit early.

My app is complete but I'm still waiting to get my recommendations.

submit your app and then just let your recommenders submit later. But attending the info session is sounds like they don't have enough qualified applicants that apply. The director even says they will accept applications after the deadline and how they way they word the deadline is just to keep inline with what other schools say.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UCLA Anderson School of Mgmt (FEMBA Class of 2013)
GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V42
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 7.5 years in Engg. Consulting
Send PM
Even I read that and was confused coz previously Dylan mentioned that they don't look at applications until its after the deadline and everybody has submitted within that round (the whole point of Round instead of Rolling). hmmm am I confused??
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Well remember with the FEMBA interviews are guarenteed. So they aren't even prescreening. My view is that they actually don't do anything until 2 weeks after you submit and that's when you do your interview. This is probably why we don't get our results until June.

why screen candidates if you have 2.5 months and you don't need to give out interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Go Bruins,
Exactly my thought. Who all in second round have just submitted ro planning to submit in a day or two. I am getting nervous as deadline date is coming closer.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
I'll submit on the due date. I feel I have a strong application so I'm not worried.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
I'm submitting tomorrow. I completed this app so I can start working on others. I agree, an early submission doesn't hold any advantage.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Need some pointers from fellow applicants, if you can please throw a few pointers.

One of the essay topics is
Explain a day in your life you would like to relive and why.

I have chalked out something but am unsure if I have it right.

For such questions, what do you typically write? Do you treat it as a Describe your greatest achievement or Describe your failure and say how you would love to go back and correct things? or do you describe an 'aha' moment?

I am looking for generic pointers - maybe a few examples - I have a feeling I may be reading the question wrong and totally be off in my response.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was in two minds too when I started this essay. I initially did a lesson learned incident and how I took measure or would avoid the same, then on second thought changed it to a positive example. Somehow I felt more comfortable with the latter, and didn't want to highlight any negative tone in essays. Anyway its your choice. But, I would say if you have a lessons learned example and can show some good active measure that you took to correct it, it should work. Note you only have 300 words and its hard to tell any good story in that many words.

Anyways, I submitted mine yesterday and now need to forget about it for a while since we need to wait for 3 months. Hate this wait.

IndianJaguar
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
ewmba10 wrote:
Need some pointers from fellow applicants, if you can please throw a few pointers.

One of the essay topics is
Explain a day in your life you would like to relive and why.

I have chalked out something but am unsure if I have it right.

For such questions, what do you typically write? Do you treat it as a Describe your greatest achievement or Describe your failure and say how you would love to go back and correct things? or do you describe an 'aha' moment?

I am looking for generic pointers - maybe a few examples - I have a feeling I may be reading the question wrong and totally be off in my response.

Thanks!

I actually didn't use an achievement or failure, I just focused on soemthing that happened to me one day and reflected on what it means to me. So I kinda took the easy way out?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:UCLA
 Q49  V34
WE 1: 14 Years
Send PM
Finished my application for UCLA FEMBA 2010 R2. :-) Spent good time on Essays during my 2 weeks vacation in february.
I am from San Diego. Any one else applying from SD?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Let's do a R2 roll call, who's doing R2

GoBruins
myucladream
IndianJaguar
ewmba10
levfin2003
deadlee

Who wants to meet up after the interviews. I'm down
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
Let's do a R2 roll call, who's doing R2

GoBruins
myucladream
IndianJaguar
ewmba10
levfin2003
deadlee

Who wants to meet up after the interviews. I'm down

Sure, But depends on everybody's interview time...right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone...this is my first post but like all of you I submitted my application on Wednesday yet I received the following email from the FEMBA people today and am a little upset. (By the way I started an app with this email account but used a different one to submit the app which is why I received the notice).

Quote:
Hello FEMBA Applicants:

Round Two Buffer
We know that you recently worked on your UCLA FEMBA Application, but did not submit by the Round Two deadline. We have a buffer built into Round Two, and your application can still be in R2, if you pay your application fee and submit by Monday, March 15th. If you submit by March 15th, you will also be able to register for an on-campus admission interview at our "SuperSaturday" on March 20th. Upon submission of your application, you will receive the link to sign up for the interview.

Final Round Deadline
Otherwise, our Final Round Deadline for 2010 applications is May 26th, 2010. We understand that working professionals are busy, and we have provided a Final Deadline specifically targeted to those individuals. Applications submitted for the Final Deadline will be reviewed as they become complete. Admissions interviews are invitation-only in the Final Round Deadline. Decision Notifications will be released continuously until the class is full.

GMAT Scores and Letters of Recommendation
GMAT exams can be taken after the deadlines. Provide the future-date of your exam in your online application. Your application will be on-hold until your exam date. Letters of recommendation can arrive after the deadline. Please note that applications do not go to the admission committee until all elements have been received.

Thanks for your interest in UCLA Anderson
Our admission committee is preparing to read the Round Two applications. We have a significant number of admission offers still to extend, and we look forward to your application. If you have any questions, please call our office at 310-825-2632.

Best regards,

The FEMBA Admissions Team

I wish I would have known that the March 3rd deadline really didn't mean anything or provide any advantage as I could have used a few extra days to shore up my essay's and such. I guess its nice to know there will be more competition this round than originally expected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Anything o have a better classroom experience. BTW I down for the post interview meetup!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Quote:
Hello FEMBA Applicants:

Round Two Buffer
We know that you recently worked on your UCLA FEMBA Application, but did not submit by the Round Two deadline. We have a buffer built into Round Two, and your application can still be in R2, if you pay your application fee and submit by Monday, March 15th. If you submit by March 15th, you will also be able to register for an on-campus admission interview at our "SuperSaturday" on March 20th. Upon submission of your application, you will receive the link to sign up for the interview.

Final Round Deadline
Otherwise, our Final Round Deadline for 2010 applications is May 26th, 2010. We understand that working professionals are busy, and we have provided a Final Deadline specifically targeted to those individuals. Applications submitted for the Final Deadline will be reviewed as they become complete. Admissions interviews are invitation-only in the Final Round Deadline. Decision Notifications will be released continuously until the class is full.

GMAT Scores and Letters of Recommendation
GMAT exams can be taken after the deadlines. Provide the future-date of your exam in your online application. Your application will be on-hold until your exam date. Letters of recommendation can arrive after the deadline. Please note that applications do not go to the admission committee until all elements have been received.

Thanks for your interest in UCLA Anderson
Our admission committee is preparing to read the Round Two applications. We have a significant number of admission offers still to extend, and we look forward to your application. If you have any questions, please call our office at 310-825-2632.

Best regards,

The FEMBA Admissions Team

The deadline extension is a sign that the number of applicants has been substantially down. Booth PT has seen 14% decline in number of applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I'm not worried about anything. Its just the principle of it is what I don't like.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
The deadline extension is a sign that the number of applicants has been substantially down. Booth PT has seen 14% decline in number of applications.

I actually don't believe this is specifically just for this year, I think UCLA PT at least has traditionally built in a later deadline, post R2. Not sure if the email is typical though.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16