Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 05:58 It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3470 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3470 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: How to use an error log? [#permalink]
Kudos
The Excel Sheet has multiple sheets in it. If you check the bottom corner or on the specific macros at the top right labeled Quant and Verbal and so on it should show you. The list of types included would be in the database sheet or the sheet labeled db. This you can find in the lower left bar where all sheets are listed.

If you have further problems I can post screenshots tomorrow.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools:UNC Kenan-Flagler, IU Kelley, Emory GSB
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
petaa7 wrote:
I tried to understand the error log and how to use it, but the main thread titled "error log" (sorry, I can't post the link since I'm under the 4 post count) didn't actually say how to use it. I'm in my first weeks of studying and have been studying for roughly 8 hours a day on average.

Math has always been a sticky subject to me so any suggestions on how and where to start with the math section would be a GREAT help.

Thanks GMATclub!

I had the same confusion. Went through a lot of templates but got really confused and thought was wasting a lot of my time. Everyone has his own way of logging - go through the standard templates and devise your own method.

You can keep logging verbal errors in those spreadsheets but I dont think any word processor can help in noting down a quant problem. Maths problem are best done the hard way - getting your hands dirty! Write down the questions and then your answers!

Thats how I keep my quant error log. I keep handwritten notes of the wrong quant problems in the tests I take. Also keep a log of the noteworthy problems I come across in forums.

For verbal, I dont use spreadsheets. I note it down in a word document and take prints on a regular basis. Not thats its too smart but works for me. And trust me - logging is a very good thing to do. Cultivate a habit right away. My efficiency of "prep" (not necessarily tests :) ) improved a lot after I started this logging practice.

Good luck with your prep!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
if you feel it is laborious to do the error log then you can simplify it to your needs. however you should at least get to the point where you know the type of questions you are getting wrong on
GMAT Club Bot