Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:40 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Brand Management
Schools:Schulich class of 2012
 Q35  V48
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing - Product Management
Schools:Berkeley Haas, UCLA Anderson, NYU Stern
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Re: Canadian MBA schools, low GPA - what are my chances? [#permalink]
Hey KDub, have you found the answers you were looking for?
I'm in a similar boat on GPA and work experience and looking at what my options are. Ideally I would like to move away from Canadian schools like Dr. Satisfaction.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
magnetictempest wrote:
Hey KDub, have you found the answers you were looking for?
I'm in a similar boat on GPA and work experience and looking at what my options are. Ideally I would like to move away from Canadian schools like Dr. Satisfaction.

Nope - nothing to note as of yet. I've decided to gain a couple of years more experience before I start applying to MBA school... or at least another year or two to make my application more competitive. I write my GMAT in about a week so we'll see how it goes from there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
Yes most top Canadian schools (IVEY, YORK and U of T included) require a B average in last two years of undergrad. Check with the school if there are willing to make any "exceptions". I know a a couple of folks, with GPA lower than 3 who got into Ivey and York, a couple of years back. I suppose the rest of your application and GMAT score has to be stellar in order to make a case for yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT Date: 09-17-2011
GPA: 3.22
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Hi Kdub,
I am in a similar situation, My gpa for the first 2 yrs was not good AT ALL! with one dashing "D" as well,
never bothered to retake the course (it was first yr, chemistry I think) but like others have said most Canadian schools will look at your last 2 years of gpa, (first 2 yrs was bad also cuz of a major car accident) so if you have a solid reason adcoms will consider it, and thankfully I was able to smarten up by the end of my undergrad, btw I went to york for my undergrad, and there has been a strike every 4 yrs or so !!
I had a meeting with Schulich's Admission's counselor and the lady told me a good Gmat score around 650+
and 1 or 2 accounting courses would help, (this lady was on the admission committee, so when you go to these meetings they dont just have you meeting with alums/current students who may not have any say in your admissions) my undergrad was in Fine Arts,
I am also looking to move away from Canadian schools, family might move to States.
Best thing to do is try to have a meeting with uofT/schulich/Western Admission counselors, and then invest money in extra courses.
Good luck!
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot