Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
Iamnotaprimenumber wrote:
So who's hitting submit this weekend? it's weird I feel super nervous...good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device

I was a November applicant, so I pretty much waiting at this point. Good luck with your submission. It's a major step.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
I'm not submitting until the 5th, I'm still trying to finish all my essays!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
What size/type of font are you guys using for the essays?

The directions say no more than two double spaced pages for each core essay, but nothing about font size. I'm having difficulty fitting everything in with Times 12, I'm thinking about going to 11 but not sure if that's pushing it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
I tried to submit 8 times this morning! It says that my recommendations are invalid. I have 3 of them completed- one membership and two professional. When I called the Consortium the person who helped me was very gracious. She told me to make sure that all three weren't listed as professional. In order to do this I needed to delete and resend them. I could have sworn that I did that in the beginning but I tried to do that anyway. Unfortunately, the system wouldn't let me delete and/or resend them because it says they were complete and submitted! Does anyone have any idea of what to do (besides call her back which I'll do at my lunch break)? I wanted to submit the applications early in case anything like this happened. Now I'm kind of flustered.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
vannbj wrote:
I tried to submit 8 times this morning! It says that my recommendations are invalid. I have 3 of them completed- one membership and two professional. When I called the Consortium the person who helped me was very gracious. She told me to make sure that all three weren't listed as professional. In order to do this I needed to delete and resend them. I could have sworn that I did that in the beginning but I tried to do that anyway. Unfortunately, the system wouldn't let me delete and/or resend them because it says they were complete and submitted! Does anyone have any idea of what to do (besides call her back which I'll do at my lunch break)? I wanted to submit the applications early in case anything like this happened. Now I'm kind of flustered.

I would just call them back. It's too important to try and troubleshoot on your own with their system. Let them help you through it. It's not going to hurt you or your chances. Get it done right and they're the best people to help you.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
loloswims wrote:
I don't have the time to do another interview. Furthermore, requesting another interview is something that one probably can not do. I simply trust that she will complete the assessment positively for questions she did not ask me.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about a short interview. Mine was about 18 minutes long because the parking garage they told me to park in for my interview was full causing me to be late. Questions about your commitment to the Consortium was not (at least when I interviewed last year) a part of the required questions. Basically, we talked about Why an MBA, Why now, something about leadership, and then BS'd for 3 minutes since he was done asking questions knowing that there was no more time for anything else.

You should be OK as long as the person was nice, professional, and you held up your end by giving great responses.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aww man vannbj!! I read your post and prepared for the worst when I hit submit, but it went through! definitely call them and see whats up! Good Luck!!
Director
Director
Send PM
Is it possible to copy and paste essays for individual schools? I cannot cut and paste my essays into those boxes...not sure what im doing wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
They said that I listed all of my recs as professional. I'm like "Okay but the system won't let me delete and resend the one that's membership as membership."
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
Is it possible to copy and paste essays for individual schools? I cannot cut and paste my essays into those boxes...not sure what im dwrong.
. You might be over the character limit

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
Is it possible to copy and paste essays for individual schools? I cannot cut and paste my essays into those boxes...not sure what im doing wrong.

I had the same problem. It was because I was in google chrome. When I got into explorer I could copy and paste my essay easily. All the best!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:

dito lagomez. try copying just half and pasting...if that half shows up it means that you're over the character limit. if it doesnt show up then it's a system thing. try word count in microsoft word and rememebr that it has to be under 4000 characters WITH spaces.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:

dito lagomez. try copying just half and pasting...if that half shows up it means that you're over the character limit. if it doesnt show up then it's a system thing. try word count in microsoft word and rememebr that it has to be under 4000 characters WITH spaces.

Do the school specific essays need to be double spaced? It appears at least on MS Word that if you double space it, the character count increases slightly (maybe 5% more). I saw that the core essays need to be double spaced but I didn't see any guidance on the school specific ones.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dfrndez wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:

Do the school specific essays need to be double spaced? It appears at least on MS Word that if you double space it, the character count increases slightly (maybe 5% more). I saw that the core essays need to be double spaced but I didn't see any guidance on the school specific ones.

I double spaced my school essays and copy pasted them into the box. If you hit "save and continue" and go back to the page, you'll see that it's been automatically single spaced with no space in between paragraphs. I went through and just hit return in between each paragraph for each essay. Or maybe that was just my application!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cool, I see that. Interestingly enough, if you copy and paste a single spaced essay with double space only between paragraphs it will keep the double spaces between paragraphs.
Director
Director
Send PM
Ahh, vannbj was right....system thing. I am using safari/ms word on mac. I couldn't just copy and paste, I had to cut and then "paste and match style." Weird.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Haas (in); Yale (in); Kellogg (in); Sloan (interview/waiting)
Send PM
URGENT question guys:

For personal reasons, I did not complete my general/initial interview yet and am debating on submitting my application. Do you think it is worth me submitting if I miss the interview deadline (i.e. do you think they are flexible on this deadline), or should I just forget it and not apply through the Consortium and rather apply to the schools directly?

Any ideas????

Originally posted by fahim305 on 04 Jan 2011, 18:06.
Last edited by fahim305 on 05 Jan 2011, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  132   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts