Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:43 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:INSEAD Class of J'12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink]
A couple of quick questions from a US applicant here:
1. How stringent is the GPA requirement? I ask as an applicant with a 3.35 GPA, while I understand the interest this is very different from the US schools I have applied to. I will have 6 years of MC experience and an undergrad in business from a Big Ten school.
2. I have been accepted to Darden and Cornell and am weighing the Oxford program as a viable option to cut a year off of the education (year's salary). I will most likely be heading back to my consultancy and they will foot the bill. How does Darden compare with Oxford? I feel like Darden is a tight network and probably more sound program, but Oxford's name is unparalleled. . .thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
Oh and as an addendum, I'm a US citizen out of NY.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,
I am applying to Cambridge R3 and Oxford R2. My understanding of the application instructions is that both the schools do not require the candidate to send any physical documents during the application stage. The transcripts and recos are also uploaded online. Can any of the previous round applicants confirm this. With the current round application deadlines looming ahead, I do not want to miss out on this round.

My profile: M/28/India/730 GMAT/ 5+ years experience in consumer products industry.

Regards,
Applicant 2011
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:SBS
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
romain wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 questions -

1. I have not given IELTS/TOEFL and the next available date for these exams is 15th Jan.
As written on IELTS/TOEFL websites, scores come after 2 weeks. do you guys think SBS would consider me for R2 (deadline 14 Jan). they will receive my scores around 27-28 Jan.

2. i have 3 years of experience, would that be a hinderance for SBS R2 or Judge R3.

thanks so very much

Hi romain
I'd suggest writing to the Adcom and explaining the situation. I faced a similar problem with my TOEFL and explained the situation to the Adcom and they accomodated my request (they had an internal cut-off date and said that if I could get the results by then, my application would be considered in R1. My result came in time and they did consider my app for R1)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:SBS
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
Yup, dont worry- at the initial stage only scanned documents would do.

Applicant2011 wrote:
Hi all,
I am applying to Cambridge R3 and Oxford R2. My understanding of the application instructions is that both the schools do not require the candidate to send any physical documents during the application stage. The transcripts and recos are also uploaded online. Can any of the previous round applicants confirm this. With the current round application deadlines looming ahead, I do not want to miss out on this round.

My profile: M/28/India/730 GMAT/ 5+ years experience in consumer products industry.

Regards,
Applicant 2011
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
cpandya14 wrote:
gaga wrote:

Oh yeah! And you wait patiently for INSEAD to offer. I bet you'd select INSEAD or LBS over Said any given day.

Very True. As someone from the UK, the only "disadvantage" I see with SBS is that I would not gain living exposure to another country; which INSEAD can provide me.

I would pick INSEAD than SBS than LBS in that order but I think that bridge only needs to be crossed once one has an offer from all the three. LBS last due to higher investment cost (2 yrs as opposed to one) and unrealistic living costs (again for 2 years instead of 1). Oxford is a cheaper place to live in comparison and also still not very far from London!

I'd choose both SBS and Insead over LBS actually. for some reason LBS hasn't seemed very attractive to me. Please put me in for R2 Said.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am in the middle of applying to Cambridge R3 and was wondering if anyone know the exact time as to when the deadline is? It doesn't say on Cambridge website. I know it' Jan 10th but is it 17:00 UK time?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steven
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
Steven

It is 1700 on 10th Jan UK time. Good luck and I look forward to reading your application soon.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
@CambridgeMBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the quick response.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Hey Conrad,
Do you have any idea if Judge places a good number of students in the highly competitive field of investment banking ?
Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Hi all, does anyone have the recommendation questions for Said MBA? I havent been able to find them of their web-site or here in GMATclub. Best,
Send PM
Ivan91

A good number of our students do work in investment bas post MBA. We are just starting to collect the employment stats for the class that graduated last year (we survey graduates three months after graduation as per widely accepted guidelines) so we will know in a few months.

However, I should encourage you to consider your own background as well. As you pointed out, investment baing is highly competitive, and it takes more than just an MBA or career services to get you into that sector. Very strong academics, high GMAT, relevant work experience, sharp mind, good personality and a strong achievement-drive are all needed.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
@CambridgeMBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is my profile guys:

25 years/Male/Trinidadian
Undergrad: B.Sc. Management Studies (Minor in Finance), The University of The West Indies
Upper Second Class Honours (GPA 3.23)
Currently Pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management from ASU (GPA 4.0)
Total Work Experience: 5 years (Graduate Research 2, Finance 1, Oil & Gas 2)
Currently working at a multinational Oil & Gas Company (BP)
GMAT: 690 (q45,v40)

What are my chances at Cambridge & Oxford?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
CambridgeMBA wrote:
Ivan91

However, I should encourage you to consider your own background as well. As you pointed out, investment baing is highly competitive, and it takes more than just an MBA or career services to get you into that sector. Very strong academics, high GMAT, relevant work experience, sharp mind, good personality and a strong achievement-drive are all needed.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
@CambridgeMBA

OK, so even if I get a top notch MBA, they will still consider my undergrad GPA in order to get a job as an investment banker ? In this case, I should keep it perfect :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
R3 Judge app submitted....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Does an MBA from Saïd or Judge opens the gate to the whole alumni world of Oxford or Cambridge?

People have told me that Saïd and Judge are "segregated" from the parent university. Is that true?
Send PM
The students at Judge are fully integrated into Cambridge university. Like every other student in cambridge, they are members of one of the more than 30 colleges which serve as the platform for students to interact with other students and faculty from across the university. Our students can also become members of the Cambridge university alumni club when they graduate.

The business school has made a conscious decision to be fully integrated with the university, which is not the case in many other schools. We have faculty from other departments teaching courses at the Judge and we are also part of the School of Technology.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  28