Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 19:41 It is currently 06 May 2024, 19:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Banned
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: How much should i study [#permalink]
Go with MGMAT and the OG. Add some GMAT club tests on this website and 200 hours of studying and I think you'll have a good shot at 730.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
There's no hard and fast rule. Take a practice exam (GMATPrep or MGMAT) and see where you're at. If you're hovering around 500, it'll take you a lot more work than if you're scoring around 660. But generally speaking, you're looking at a good 2 to 4 months of time, with a good hour everyday.
Banned
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
There's no hard and fast rule. Take a practice exam (GMATPrep or MGMAT) and see where you're at. If you're hovering around 500, it'll take you a lot more work than if you're scoring around 660. But generally speaking, you're looking at a good 2 to 4 months of time, with a good hour everyday.

Are you saying an hour a day for 2-4 months to get a 700? Is that enough?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
southernstunna, not trying to go around your question, but no one can really tell you how long to study for to get a 700. I know someone (personally) who studied for two weeks (intensively) and got a 740. I studied for 150+ hours and only achieved a 700. It's really based on the person him/herself and how much the person can absorb during the studying period.
Banned
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
southernstunna, not trying to go around your question, but no one can really tell you how long to study for to get a 700. I know someone (personally) who studied for two weeks (intensively) and got a 740. I studied for 150+ hours and only achieved a 700. It's really based on the person him/herself and how much the person can absorb during the studying period.

yeah very true. I have looked all over these forums for at least an AVERAGE number but, like you said above, there is no real "average". It varies so widely that you can't put a number on it.
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Asking how long you need to study for the GMAT is like asking how long you need to train to run a marathon in under 2:30.

If you're already at 3:15 and have built up a decent base, it might only take a few months of focused training. Likewise, if you've run a 3:30 without seriously training that demonstrates some untapped potential that will make it easier for you to run faster with some effort. If your last race was 4:00, you're going to have to work a bit harder to get there. Some people, regardless of how hard they train, just don't have the genetic makeup to ever get there.

Still, no matter where you start from, you'll benefit from taking things gradually, being consistent with your training, and ramping up difficulty as you go. Same deal with GMAT prep.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73069 [0]
Given Kudos: 18914
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Take a look at this page: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html
I have studied for 3-4 months.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the replies ...........i will give gmat prep. to know my current position
GMAT Club Bot