Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:CEIBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: CEIBS 2011 Full-Time MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Got an e-mail this morning. In.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cristinaaramayo wrote:
Got an e-mail this morning. In.

Congrats! I'm starting to wonder. Where are you located/what's your profile? Any details on the email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
27/m/700 - based in US

Letter just says "We're very happy to inform you that you have been admitted etc... You will receive from MBA Admissions Office an official letter with all detailed information soon."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
r2 here, havent heard back yet. a bit worried
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey all,

I know some of you are starting to sweat bullets now. Past experience has shown that CEIBS, like other schools, releases admit decisions earlier on and waits until the last day or two to transmit the rejection and waitlist notices.

For example, I got my waitlist decision at the last possible moment, at about 6:30pm Shanghai time on the R1 decision deadline - prior to receiving the notice, I'd been starting to wonder if they'd forgotten about my application. I think the next day or two (Wed. and Thurs. in China) will be key. After that, I wouldn't expect good news to come. But I could be wrong.

I've always been curious to know how the schools processes waitlisted candidates from the previous round. Are they evaluated seperately from the R2 candidates and does this happen after the R2 folks have been fully evaluated or are the waitlisted peeps and R2 peeps grouped together and reviewed (re-reviewed, in some cases) together. I wonder if anyone has such insight into the process and would be willing to share it.

Finally, just to lighten things up...

In case you're not accepted by CEIBS, here's something else of interest that, similar to CEIBS, requires a US $5k deposit to get into; this might be worthwhile to spend the forgone US $5k on since you wouldn't have to wire it to CEIBS.

Sales of luxe doomsday bunkers up 1,000% (deposits start at only US $5k)...

https://money.cnn.com/2011/03/22/real_es ... /index.htm

Regards,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was also admitted to CEIBS on tuesday evening (Shanghai time). I was told after my interview that notices would go out by 3/30. Based on my interview and the follow up email with the interviewees, I was somewhat optimistic. Thank you xuexoa and mbatoga for sharing your experiences and advice!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow.. i was very surprised when i came across this active forum on ceibs. anyway i just got accepted from ceibs, round 2, for 2011, and there is high chance i will go. just a bkg info, im thai-chinese/f/ completed my undergraduate degree in syd. it would be great to knw those of u who r planning to join ceibs dis yr. anyway just a few quick questions, any of you planning to join the pre course dis july? and anyone planning to stay off campus? thx!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, got a 'you have been shortlisted for R3 consideration' email on Friday. Anyone else get one? Know what it means (if it is different than waitlisted? Was anyone actually rejected?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone going to New York on the 6th?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
They asked if I was available to meet and I gave them a few dates (including the 6th) but I never heard back from them. Where are you meeting them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hi apinyap - congrats! i am planning to do the pre course this july and planning to stay on campus in the dorms. u?

apinyap wrote:
wow.. i was very surprised when i came across this active forum on ceibs. anyway i just got accepted from ceibs, round 2, for 2011, and there is high chance i will go. just a bkg info, im thai-chinese/f/ completed my undergraduate degree in syd. it would be great to knw those of u who r planning to join ceibs dis yr. anyway just a few quick questions, any of you planning to join the pre course dis july? and anyone planning to stay off campus? thx!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey mbatogo, thx for that. anyway i'll be attending the pre-course in July and will be staying on campus as well, prb dorm 3. I tried emailing the dormitory guy for more info but received no reply. I am also interested in off-campus accom but there is very limited info on that, so thinkin' of staying on campus for a few months before moving out to live in apartment. Seemed like there are only Chinese breakfast, lunch and dinner on campus so wanna live outside so i can cook myself and eat more variety of things hahaa ^^ i'm kinda a food luving person. anyway, gluck to all of you who are still waiting for final decision! Hope to c everyone at CEIBS!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anyone in r3 received any interview invite yet? I believe the admission team already started sending them out.

As for those of you looking for more info on finding off campus apartments, you can also check www.smartshanghai.com or shanghai.craigslist.com.cn. Those sites are in English.

A possible concern about living off campus would be transportation. Because I think the campus itself is not located anywhere near a subway station.

The other options for getting an apartment would be to first come to Shanghai and find someone who could speak Chinese and English. And then you can go with that person to various property agents. They will usually charge 20% of the first month's rent if you find a place through them. If you don't understand or speak Chinese at all this process could be rather frustrating though, especially if you can't find anyone to help you translate. Or perhaps you could try to find an agent that speaks English.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
There are many, many apartment complexes within 10 min walking distance to CEIBS that cater mostly to expats. CEIBS ambassadors can provide more specific information but I have a few friends who live off campus. You would not want to live in Shanghai Pu Dong or Pu Xi as the commute (via cab) would be 30 min to 1 hour.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have been admitted to the 2011 program... Saying hello to all who have been admitted as well! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any R3 interviews/notices yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bterwilliger, did you confirm 'shortlisted' = waitlisted / deferred to R3?

Who has been admitted and accepted besides cristinaaramayo and mbatoga? So far one Australian and one American only??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts