Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Mays (Interview) McCombs (Admit-5/2)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Duke(R3-WL-withdrew), UNC (Admit), Texas (Admit-$$), UCLA (Admit-$$$-attending)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink]
BCnash wrote:
Looks like they are picking it up now. I was admitted yesterday, got the call late afternoon. I applied March 31st and interviewed April 22nd. I was told my decision deadline was May 25th. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

thanks for the timeline. did you intv on or off campus?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Duke(R3-WL-withdrew), UNC (Admit), Texas (Admit-$$), UCLA (Admit-$$$-attending)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
yankee1 wrote:
BCnash wrote:
Looks like they are picking it up now. I was admitted yesterday, got the call late afternoon. I applied March 31st and interviewed April 22nd. I was told my decision deadline was May 25th. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Off campus alumni interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BCnash wrote:
yankee1 wrote:
BCnash wrote:

Off campus alumni interview.

I have pretty much the same timeline so hopefully I'll hear something soon. Its also good to see that they are admitting a decent amount of R3 applicants. I know some people think that R3 applicants typically don't have a shot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Product management/entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
GMAT 2: 700  Q48  V38
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Send PM
BCnash wrote:

I interview on the 27th so should hear back soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
I'm now at week 16 since I applied, interviewed first week of March. I have called a few times, but am told to be patient each time. I have been on "final review" for at least 2 weeks. Am I basically on a waitlist until people send back their deposits?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools:UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
I'm now at week 16 since I applied, interviewed first week of March. I have called a few times, but am told to be patient each time. I have been on "final review" for at least 2 weeks. Am I basically on a waitlist until people send back their deposits?

What do you mean by "final review"?
Manager
Manager
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
ingoditrust wrote:
Kilian wrote:

That's what the adcom called it when I talked to them. My official status on the website has said this for months : "We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
ingoditrust wrote:
Kilian wrote:

That's what the adcom called it when I talked to them. My official status on the website has said this for months : "We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

I see you already have other admits so are you just waiting for Texas admit to throw it in the mix or see if you get some funding from the McCombs program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kilian wrote:

Very odd. If they wanted you on the waitlist I would have thought they would just put you there. Then again, you never know what goes through those crazy minds of the McCombs adcoms I guess. I applied when you did, interviewed on 2/28, and was placed on the WL about a month ago.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ingoditrust wrote:
I see you already have other admits so are you just waiting for Texas admit to throw it in the mix or see if you get some funding from the McCombs program.

Both. I'll make a decision with the options that I have now, but I certainly would like to know if I should factor in a move to Austin. If I get funding from McCombs it will certainly make things interesting though.

thmgoodw wrote:
Very odd. If they wanted you on the waitlist I would have thought they would just put you there. Then again, you never know what goes through those crazy minds of the McCombs adcoms I guess. I applied when you did, interviewed on 2/28, and was placed on the WL about a month ago.

Exactly - very strange. Maybe there's some sort of purgatory between waitlist and accepted. Who knows.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
No new news?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got my admit call this afternoon! Took over 16 weeks

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
Got my admit call this afternoon! Took over 16 weeks

congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got my admit e-mail this afternoon! It also took over 16 weeks!!!! I am in!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also got an admit call late yesterday afternoon. Applied 3/26, Interviewed 4/18. To the extent it is helpful, I made it very clear to the AdCom that McCombs was my first choice.

Good luck to everyone!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys.... Finally after many weeks I got an admit email!!!! I am in!!!! Good luck to the rest of you!!!

Applied on 01/14, interviewed 03/08, decision 05/06

All best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Lol, so I got this in my spam folder yesterday (Friday). I'm not attending McCombs but never got around to officially decling the waitlist offer, so..

Quote:
Thomas -- Hi – I wanted to circle back with you about your waitlist status with our program. The committee is meeting on Monday to review some of our strong waitlist candidates and I will be your advocate in the meeting. Is there anything in particular that you would like me to share with the committee about your application, anything that might have changed since you applied, or your interest in the Texas MBA program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts