Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:32 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Just got an email with contact info for my alumni interviewer. Looks like I have to schedule and complete the interview within the next 21 days.

Does anyone have any specific tips/suggestions for the Kellogg alumni interview? Threads from past year's are decently helpful, but nothing too surprising.

I'll give the board an update after the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
BStand wrote:
Just got an email with contact info for my alumni interviewer. Looks like I have to schedule and complete the interview within the next 21 days.

Does anyone have any specific tips/suggestions for the Kellogg alumni interview? Threads from past year's are decently helpful, but nothing too surprising.

Are you in Chicago right now? I received the email as well, and I'm in Chicago. Maybe that's why this comes much earlier than I expected. I'm not well prepared yet, and waiting for tips about the alum interview. My interviewer is a fresh graduate this year, so do you guys think it might be more challenging to talk with someone with less interview experience? I'm nervous...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ciduo777 wrote:
BStand wrote:

Are you in Chicago right now? I received the email as well, and I'm in Chicago. Maybe that's why this comes much earlier than I expected. I'm not well prepared yet, and waiting for tips about the alum interview. My interviewer is a fresh graduate this year, so do you guys think it might be more challenging to talk with someone with less interview experience? I'm nervous...

I'm in Chicago and was also assigned to an interviewer that is a recent grad. I don't think that makes the interview more challenging. If anything, the interview is likely to be a little more casual and they'll probably have insight about Kellogg that's a bit more "real-time" and relevant relative to the views an older grad.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
In for Round 1.

I have a small query about the first essay question where we are asked to assess our "career progress". Are we required to touch upon the academics as well as a part of our career or should we straightaway start from the first job?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mamup wrote:
In for Round 1.

I have a small query about the first essay question where we are asked to assess our "career progress". Are we required to touch upon the academics as well as a part of our career or should we straightaway start from the first job?

I'm pretty sure the question is speaking of post collegiate career progress. If a college experience was the impetus for choosing your career path I think it's valid to mention it briefly. Maybe something along the lines of, "I never thought I'd be a molecular biologist until my junior year of college when I took an intro course to fulfil a science requirement. I was surprised by how fascinating the material was and knew that I wanted a career that focused on leveraging science to meet societal needs. After graduating I accepted a position with...."

Obviously I have no clue what your career is but you get the jist. If something in your academics didn't DRIVE you in a certain direction (i.e. you went to school to major in marketing and then got a job in marketing after graduation), then simply start from where your career started. I think adding academic background is only pertinent if you made a wild switch from your undergrad major to your chosen career or goals. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
mamup wrote:
In for Round 1.

I'm pretty sure the question is speaking of post collegiate career progress. If a college experience was the impetus for choosing your career path I think it's valid to mention it briefly. Maybe something along the lines of, "I never thought I'd be a molecular biologist until my junior year of college when I took an intro course to fulfil a science requirement. I was surprised by how fascinating the material was and knew that I wanted a career that focused on leveraging science to meet societal needs. After graduating I accepted a position with...."

Obviously I have no clue what your career is but you get the jist. If something in your academics didn't DRIVE you in a certain direction (i.e. you went to school to major in marketing and then got a job in marketing after graduation), then simply start from where your career started. I think adding academic background is only pertinent if you made a wild switch from your undergrad major to your chosen career or goals. Hope this helps.

I was thinking pretty much along the same lines but your opinion fortifies it to a great extent. Thanks a lot !!! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
In for Round One.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Just a few days left till the Part 1 Deadline! Does anyone know whether you have to indicate the school where you took supplemental classes in Part 1 under 'Other College and University Attended'? Or is this section only for institutions where you got a degree?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mbalady wrote:
Just a few days left till the Part 1 Deadline! Does anyone know whether you have to indicate the school where you took supplemental classes in Part 1 under 'Other College and University Attended'? Or is this section only for institutions where you got a degree?

I thought the P1 deadline was the 22nd only if you're requesting an off-campus interview. If you're interviewing on campus then the deadline is Oct. 18. Still we're less than a month away. Wow this is happening fast.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I'll ask straight-up: Is there any disadvantage to interviewing with an alum (off-campus) as opposed to a member of the admissions committee (on-campus)?

A flight to Chicago is expensive, but if it makes a difference, I'm willing to take time off and spend the money.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I just confirmed my interview date on campus. Interviewing beginning of December, super late but it was the only time that works with my schedule.

In terms of off/on, I had the same question. I spoke with some people and I got mixed reviews. I think if the burden of traveling to Chicago is not great, it is worth while especially if you have not yet visited the campus. If you have seen the campus and/or its extremely burdensome to get there, I would go with the alumni interviewer.

I do not think it can be a hindrance since they will not let Chicago based applicants interview on campus.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
in for R1. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Send PM
rnjbond wrote:
I'll ask straight-up: Is there any disadvantage to interviewing with an alum (off-campus) as opposed to a member of the admissions committee (on-campus)?

A flight to Chicago is expensive, but if it makes a difference, I'm willing to take time off and spend the money.

I really don't think that the Kellogg adcom gives more weight to either type of interview.

However, visiting campus definitely shows that you're committed to the school, and with all the top schools worried about their yield, commitment is definitely an important element.

So that said, if you haven't visited the campus yet, scheduling an on campus interview is likely advantageous to one with an alum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
In for R1. Re-applicant... :)

The instructions in Part 2 of the application are slightly confusing. Do re-applicant's need to submit both essay 4 and the re-applicant essay or only the re-applicant essay is required?

Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Hey all... just wanted to share that I received my R1 invitation to interview off-campus with an alum two weeks ago and had the interview this past Saturday 9/17 in NYC. It went better than I had hoped it could and can actually see the possibility of getting in becoming a reality! Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
yellosno wrote:
Hey all... just wanted to share that I received my R1 invitation to interview off-campus with an alum two weeks ago and had the interview this past Saturday 9/17 in NYC. It went better than I had hoped it could and can actually see the possibility of getting in becoming a reality! Good luck to all.

wow you're really an early bird. good luck to ya
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I've just received a reminder email from Kellogg office of admission to submit the Part 1 of my application. :oops:
The email also mentions an electronic signature which has made me a bit concerned. Do we need to buy some kind of a digital signature to complete the app. or are they expecting us to simply upload a .jpg image of our signature.

Response will be highly appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts