Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Jingle wrote:
alexBLR wrote:
I am getting concerned now--I thought I put my best application for Booth (out of 3 schools) and was confident about getting an invite...I'm no longer have it. Hope for the best though. Good luck to those who yet to get an invite.

I feel the same way. I wish I had some insight as to whether I'm getting dinged for something I can't change, or something I should focus my efforts on changing for Round 2. I'm on the verge of a double ding this week - there must be a logic flaw in my MBA Formula! What is it!?!?!

+1
Although I am grateful to have a 740 on my gmat, if I end up getting dinged I'll know that it wasn't my GMAT score and that it had to do something with my reco's or essays (something I have complete control over). I know the events are mutually exclusive, but with Wharton and Chicago inviting approx. 50% of their applicants I fee like if i dont get at least one of them, then i'm definitely doing something wrong in my app strategy.

Here's to hoping just one time!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CalvinNHobbes wrote:
Sorry dont mean to burst ur bubble goodbyeboy

I got the invite yesterday... appx 10 30.

Good Luck to ppl who are still waiting...

Ha no worries - I should just go to sleep, since it'll be midnight here when Chicago hits 9am. :)

My GMAT score is 690 which is obviously lower than most of GMAT clubbers here, so I am getting nervous.....but hopefully things will work out. Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
CalvinNHobbes wrote:
Got the call...
Reapplicant - A summer waitlister from last year... Indian dude...

Quick Q for the the Indians out here...
Last year only Indian apllicants had to contact the ad comm directly to schedule an interview...is it the same process this year...

You just need to log on to your application and there is link at the bottom where you can directly ask to schedule an off-campus interview. You needn't contact the Adcom. They will contact you with the details of the alum with whom you will be interviewing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
cmonst wrote:
Jingle wrote:
alexBLR wrote:
I am getting concerned now--I thought I put my best application for Booth (out of 3 schools) and was confident about getting an invite...I'm no longer have it. Hope for the best though. Good luck to those who yet to get an invite.

I feel the same way. I wish I had some insight as to whether I'm getting dinged for something I can't change, or something I should focus my efforts on changing for Round 2. I'm on the verge of a double ding this week - there must be a logic flaw in my MBA Formula! What is it!?!?!

+1
Although I am grateful to have a 740 on my gmat, if I end up getting dinged I'll know that it wasn't my GMAT score and that it had to do something with my reco's or essays (something I have complete control over). I know the events are mutually exclusive, but with Wharton and Chicago inviting approx. 50% of their applicants I fee like if i dont get at least one of them, then i'm definitely doing something wrong in my app strategy.

Here's to hoping just one time!

I'm rooting for you! 740 is a great score... I only took once and got a 700, which is a bit concerning for the top 5 schools. Hopeful everything works out in the end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
It's 9:10 Central... think I just heard a pin drop.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

If you are waiting on the decisions, join us in the chat!

https://gmatclub.com/chat/

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Jingle wrote:
It's 9:10 Central... think I just heard a pin drop.

Don't start worrying yet! They came out at 9:46 AM and 1:31 PM yesterday. And the times were different on Thursday and Friday last week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
In light of the fact that there are only two days left in the invitation processing cycle I am curios to know how Booth is evaluating the applications. Do they look at the whole pool of applications and select the most "competitive", which will mean that the later one have received an invite the less of the chances one has before going to an interview. Or is there still the batch of applications that has not been processed. At this point it feels that it is all I have left--guess, guess, guess...

On the side note, in the event if I don't get an invite I sure wish that Booth would provide some feedback(probably not feasible) as to what was the reason why applicant did not get an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
alexBLR wrote:

On the side note, in the event if I don't get an invite I sure wish that Booth would provide some feedback(probably not feasible) as to what was the reason why applicant did not get an interview.

I recall reading somewhere that Booth does not provide feedback on why an applicant was dinged, unfortunately. I think it's on their admissions FAQ page.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
alexBLR wrote:
In light of the fact that there are only two days left in the invitation processing cycle I am curios to know how Booth is evaluating the applications. Do they look at the whole pool of applications and select the most "competitive", which will mean that the later one have received an invite the less of the chances one has before going to an interview. Or is there still the batch of applications that has not been processed. At this point it feels that it is all I have left--guess, guess, guess...

There was an interview with the Booth admissions office where they described their preliminary process. If I remember correctly, they have an admissions fellow (2nd year student) and an adcom both read your file. If they both agree to an interview invite, then you're invited. If they both say "deny", then your application goes directly to the head of admissions, who then makes a final decision to "interview" or "deny".

The only other scenario is that your initial reviewers disagree. In that case, I'm not sure whether you just get a third reviewer or if your application is discussed at a committee of some sort.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
BStand wrote:
alexBLR wrote:

There was an interview with the Booth admissions office where they described their preliminary process. If I remember correctly, they have an admissions fellow (2nd year student) and an adcom both read your file. If they both agree to an interview invite, then you're invited. If they both say "deny", then your application goes directly to the head of admissions, who then makes a final decision to "interview" or "deny".

The only other scenario is that your initial reviewers disagree. In that case, I'm not sure whether you just get a third reviewer or if your application is discussed at a committee of some sort.

Thanks, BStand. Yeah I have read that interview on Quants and Poets. What I am wondering is if all the applications have been reviewed by first two reviewers or if there are still some "virgin" apps that were in the bottom of a pile and still to be assessed . Unfortunately, I tend to believe first one is the case--we will find out soon.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
does booth release any decisions before the deadline in mid December? perhaps even in November?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ajk9999 wrote:
does booth release any decisions before the deadline in mid December? perhaps even in November?

dings without interview are released tomorrow. if you interview and got an admit, history indicates that you will find out the day before the decision deadline. if you interview and were dinged/WL'ed, then you find out on D-Day.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thugly921 wrote:
ajk9999 wrote:

dings without interview are released tomorrow. if you interview and got an admit, history indicates that you will find out the day before the decision deadline. if you interview and were dinged/WL'ed, then you find out on D-Day.

I hope that's not the case for interview invites - if true, that means If I don't hear back today, I am pretty much doomed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Keep your head up guys. My GMAT is just below average (for a top school) and my grades are LOW!!! To me, that says that they looked at my entire application and not just the things I can't change.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
The last few posts are just making me lose all my hope :(
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V41
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Send PM
@spinoza - dont lose hope..at least not till 17:00 CT tomo...all da best...sending some prayers towards u :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts