Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HKU-MBA Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Kudos
Anyone applied in the early round yet ! I have submitted my application last week will let you guys know about the status. Keep me posted too.
Best Luck,
Regards,
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
HKUMBA wrote:
HKU MBA - 2015 Admissions Open!

Interested in an international MBA with Asia-focus? Act now: https://www.mba.hku.hk

Want to meet our admissions team in your city? Come to check out the schedule! https://mba.hku.hk/events/upcoming

Or, you may wish to follow us on

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HKU_MBA
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/hku-mba/78/640/1a1
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HKUMBAOfficial
Weibo: HKUMBA_香港大學
Wechat: HKUMBA港大MBA

14-month Full-time MBA Programme

The full-time MBA programme is an intensive 14-month programme with three tracks. All students spend one month in Beijing and nine months in Hong Kong. Then, depending on the track they choose, they spend four months in London, New York or Hong Kong / Shanghai.

London Track
with London Business School

Since its establishment in 2006, the London track of the HKU full-time MBA programme, an intensive 14-month programme operated in partnership with London Business School (LBS), has attracted universal praise. Students are guaranteed a place to study in London for three to four months after completing all core courses in Hong Kong.

Upon completion of the core courses, students opting for the London track spend a full semester taking up to five elective courses side-by-side with students enrolled in London Business School’s MBA, EMBA and Master of Finance programmes. They thus have access to the School’s distinguished student, alumni and corporate networks as they participate in London-based events, meet illustrious business leaders as part of the School’s famed speaker series and visit leading firms in the City. London Business School issues HKU MBA students with a certificate and official transcript and provides them with a wide range of alumni-affiliated services upon successful completion of the programme.

New York Track
with Columbia Business School

The HKU Faculty of Business and Economics and Columbia Business School (CBS) entered into a partnership in 2007 that allows a significant number of HKU MBA students to take a range of elective courses at CBS for a full semester. This partnership represents the culmination of a triumvirate of premier business schools working together to provide a world-class MBA education and create alumni networks in Hong Kong, London and New York – a manifestation of the natural synergy amongst the world’s three major financial centres.

Upon completion of the core courses at HKU, students opting for the New York track spend a semester taking up to five elective courses side-by-side with Columbia MBA and EMBA students, giving them access to Columbia Business School’s distinguished student, alumni and corporate networks as they participate in Columbia events, meet illustrious business leaders as part of the School’s famed speaker series and visit leading firms in New York City. Columbia Business School issues HKU MBA students with a certificate and an official transcript and provides them with a wide range of alumni-affiliated services upon successful completion of the programme.

Hong Kong/China Track
Students who prefer studying in Hong Kong take all of their courses at HKU, many of them alongside our part-time MBA students, most of who are employed at the middle/senior management level in regional companies. Working together with such experienced individuals gives full-time students greater insight into the region and helps them to connect with potential employers.

Alternatively, students on the Hong Kong/China track have the option to take China-focused electives at Fudan University for approximately three months in the spring. Our partnership with Fudan University, a top-ranked university in China, provides students with access to all of the university’s facilities and to the large pool of HKU IMBA alumni in China. In addition to classroom learning, students are exposed to various aspects of the Chinese business world through seminars, industry interfaces, real-world projects and enrichment workshops.

The HKU MBA’s dual focus on Asia and China business renders the programme highly relevant to the wider region’s dynamic, ever-evolving business environment. The China focus is achieved through special courses with China elements, regional case studies, field trips, seminars and conferences, Chinese language training, company visits and the aforementioned Shanghai-based studies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Schools: HKU'16
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.9
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi,
I am in for the early deadlines for HKU class of 2016.
I am not able to create a profile on the HKU MBA website.
Can somebody help?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Tarun,
I did not experience any issues creating my profile and submitting my application. I would suggest you to speak to HKU staff for assistance - my experience is they are very quick with their response. Hope it gets resolved and best luck for your application.
Regards,
Abhi
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tarun2016, abhishekacharya, and all other HKU Applicants,

We have a great news for you, folks!! :)

Mr. Tom Ng, Head of Marketing and Admissions, and Mr. Bon Cheng, Admissions Manager at HKU Business School, are coming on GMATClub on 22nd Oct to chat with us. This is an excellent opportunity to get all your questions/queries clarified from School's admission team member and to learn more about HKU MBA program. So save the date and do attend this event.

Good Luck !!

Date: October 22, 2014, Wednesday (In USA) and Date: October 23, 2014, Thursday (In China)

The University of Hong Kong: School of Business

Event: Admissions chat with Mr. Tom Ng (Head of Marketing and Admissions) and Mr. Bon Cheng (Admissions Manager)

Place: GMATClub Chat Room

Timing of the Session: 6.30 PM Pacific Time on 22nd October 2014. (In USA) and 9.30 AM Beijing Time on 23rd October 2014. (In China)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: HKUST '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Hi,
I'm a doctor from India and I'm interested in Applying to HKU for Full time MBA. I'm applying for the first time to any MBA program and so I have so many confusions :P First of all, I was going through the Supporting Documents section and I have a few questions about it. I studied from a relatively remote medical university in India and I’m not very sure if my university administration will be able to send back the true copies of transcripts to HKU if I send them the request. I have all the original documents required for the application process with me. Please let me know if there is a way of submitting the photocopies of the original documents as I would need to keep the originals with me.
Also, for reference forms, will the scanned copies work or the originals need to be submitted?
Please help :roll:
Send PM
garima138 wrote:
Hi,
I'm a doctor from India and I'm interested in Applying to HKU for Full time MBA. I'm applying for the first time to any MBA program and so I have so many confusions :P First of all, I was going through the Supporting Documents section and I have a few questions about it. I studied from a relatively remote medical university in India and I’m not very sure if my university administration will be able to send back the true copies of transcripts to HKU if I send them the request. I have all the original documents required for the application process with me. Please let me know if there is a way of submitting the photocopies of the original documents as I would need to keep the originals with me.
Also, for reference forms, will the scanned copies work or the originals need to be submitted?

Hi garima138,
You can make a copy of your original transcript and then go to the notary public to certify the copy since we also accept the certified true copy.
And for the reference forms, you can ask your referee(s) to directly send us the scanned copy with his/her signature.
Feel free to drop us an email to "mbaadmissions@hku.hk" should you have any questions :)

Jenn
Send PM
HKU MBA - Online information sessions in December

Our webinars for candidates in Asia & Australasia, Europe and Americas are coming next week! Before our first round deadline - 31 Dec 2014, if you wanna know more about our programme offerings or have any questions about your application, welcome to join the webinars below:

Register Now » https://mba.hku.hk/events/upcoming/information-session
Speaker: Tom Ng - Head of Marketing and Admissions

Webinar for Candidates in Asia & Australasia
Date: 2 Dec 2014 (Tue)
Time: Beijing Time (GMT+8) 19:30

Webinar for Candidates in Americas
Date: 3 Dec 2014 (Wed)
Time: EST 21:30, PST 18:30

Webinar for Candidates in Europe
Date: 6 Dec 2014 (Sat)
Time: London Time (GMT+1) 10:00a.m.

* You can check your local time through: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html#sthash.viOxbET6.dpuf
Webinar Link: Confirmation email with details of the webinar will be sent at a later.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi just got an interview invite from HKU, any tips for the interview will be helpful!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
Schools: HKUST '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
HKUMBA wrote:
garima138 wrote:
Hi,

Hi garima138,
You can make a copy of your original transcript and then go to the notary public to certify the copy since we also accept the certified true copy.
And for the reference forms, you can ask your referee(s) to directly send us the scanned copy with his/her signature.
Feel free to drop us an email to "mbaadmissions@hku.hk" should you have any questions :)

Jenn

Thanks a ton Jenn. One more question, I'm based in HK right now, is there any way I can get these documents certified in HK?
Send PM
garima138 wrote:
HKUMBA wrote:
garima138 wrote:
Hi,

Hi garima138,

Jenn

Thanks a ton Jenn. One more question, I'm based in HK right now, is there any way I can get these documents certified in HK?

Oh, that will be great! You can bring your original copies to our office and we can verify your true copy directly. So please send email to "mbaadmissions@hku.hk" before you come. Thanks!
Send PM
jkaustubh wrote:
Hi just got an interview invite from HKU, any tips for the interview will be helpful!!

Congratulations!! Try to stand out your work experience and your passion for studying in Asia, etc. I can only share this much la~ and good luck!! :p

Jenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
HKUST follows a rolling admission process
?
Send PM
aviraljain420 wrote:
HKUST follows a rolling admission process
?

Not sure about HKUST. But HKU MBA does : )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I was interviewed on 3rd Dec by Mr Tom and Mr Sachin, both are great interviewers.
Today I received an invite for the 2nd round of video interview, which is a little strange (atleast for me)
For this interview I need to make a presentation for 15mins.
Could someone please guide what is expected in a presentation video interview
Do I have to prepare a presentation and during the interview share my screen so they can view the slides and can hear what I have to say about it?
Or do I have to email my presentation before hand so they have an idea what I will speak about and be ready with their questions?
Additionally, what typical questions should I expect in such a format, should I expect the typical interview questions such as why MBA etc? or questions limited to the presentation?

I am sorry I am new to this format of interview.

Kind Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
This is a quiet forum..
can anyone help?
Intern
Intern