Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
artakmik wrote:
hey fellows! congrats to all of you!
quick questions : is it ok to schedule TBD in Asia, if I am US based? I will be in business trip, so it make sense to me... do you think that i need to inform Admission...or I just need to go ahead and fix the slot in Asia? Thank you

I think this is absolutely fine, and you would not be the first candidate to do so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.59
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Will the TBD topics change or stay the same all along? Could previous interviewers share some insights on their topics?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
artakmik wrote:
hey fellows! congrats to all of you!
quick questions : is it ok to schedule TBD in Asia, if I am US based? I will be in business trip, so it make sense to me... do you think that i need to inform Admission...or I just need to go ahead and fix the slot in Asia? Thank you

I did it and it's totally fine. I was based in the States when I submitted my app but interviewed in Dubai.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
huyun0317 wrote:
Will the TBD topics change or stay the same all along? Could previous interviewers share some insights on their topics?

The topic has remained fairly constant over time, and it is the same across regions for each round. Do not focus too much on preparing the perfect answer.
It is not the point of the exercise (see here for tips: https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/wh ... interview/).

Originally posted by tohin on 13 Feb 2015, 11:29.
Last edited by tohin on 13 Feb 2015, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.68
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
lightfall wrote:
rapidt wrote:
Congrats to everyone getting the invite, I went through the process during R1 and can take any questions that you guys may have (either reply or PM me)

Hi Rapidt,

Thank you for being so awesome! Can you briefly introduce your interview experience? any tip? Do you keep in touch with your interviewer and other fellow candidates?

Sure! I signed up for a slot on the last day in Philly, and stepped into the reception area about 15 minutes before the scheduled interview. I started casual conversations with a few of the other applicants there (everyone will be chatting with everyone), and this definitely helps. It helps you "warm up" before the TBD and you may even be in the same group as someone you just met in the reception area.

One thing to pay attention to is the "role" that you'll have in the group dynamics within the TBD. Think of times that you've worked in teams and the usual role that you play (ie. facilitator, time keeper, etc.). Take some time to understand this and just try to mimic that in a productive way during the TBD. Keep it natural, Wharton isn't looking for people to be someone they're not (it would be uncomfortable for you anyways). The TBD goes by really fast and is relatively low stress.

I exchanged a short email with my interviewer since then but haven't kept in touch. She was really open to any further questions I had, and should they come up, I would definitely ask her. I also ran into a few of my group members from the TBD during the recent welcome weekend and caught up for a bit, it was nice seeing that the majority of my group were admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is anyone else having problems logging in to register for a reception event (invitation was sent via email)?

I can log onto "MyWharton" but cannot log-in from Hobsons link the email provided...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
pxice wrote:
Is anyone else having problems logging in to register for a reception event (invitation was sent via email)?

I can log onto "MyWharton" but cannot log-in from Hobsons link the email provided...

Yes... i also faced the same issue. I wrote to the hobsons team and they replied back stating that the email contained an incorrect link. They also sent me the correct link :) which city are registering for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
indiejoe1 wrote:
pxice wrote:

Yes... i also faced the same issue. I wrote to the hobsons team and they replied back stating that the email contained an incorrect link. They also sent me the correct link :) which city are registering for?

sjfdkjwlierm why didn't they re-distribute to everyone!!

Originally posted by pxice on 13 Feb 2015, 16:14.
Last edited by pxice on 03 May 2015, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
rapidt wrote:
lightfall wrote:
rapidt wrote:
Congrats to everyone getting the invite, I went through the process during R1 and can take any questions that you guys may have (either reply or PM me)

Hi Rapidt,

Thank you for being so awesome! Can you briefly introduce your interview experience? any tip? Do you keep in touch with your interviewer and other fellow candidates?

Sure! I signed up for a slot on the last day in Philly, and stepped into the reception area about 15 minutes before the scheduled interview. I started casual conversations with a few of the other applicants there (everyone will be chatting with everyone), and this definitely helps. It helps you "warm up" before the TBD and you may even be in the same group as someone you just met in the reception area.

One thing to pay attention to is the "role" that you'll have in the group dynamics within the TBD. Think of times that you've worked in teams and the usual role that you play (ie. facilitator, time keeper, etc.). Take some time to understand this and just try to mimic that in a productive way during the TBD. Keep it natural, Wharton isn't looking for people to be someone they're not (it would be uncomfortable for you anyways). The TBD goes by really fast and is relatively low stress.

I exchanged a short email with my interviewer since then but haven't kept in touch. She was really open to any further questions I had, and should they come up, I would definitely ask her. I also ran into a few of my group members from the TBD during the recent welcome weekend and caught up for a bit, it was nice seeing that the majority of my group were admitted.

Thank you for the information! It's good to know that the interview isn't that stressful.

A quick question though, when you did your one-on-one interview, did your interviewee read your app or is it a blind interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pxice wrote:

Well, I think not everyone was sent the wrong link. That is why they did not resend it. I do not have the San Francisco one. If you see below the reset my password tab there is a help for resetting the password tab. You will find the email Id and instructions there :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
lightfall - interviews are blind (resume only).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
will have my interview on 4th 3:30pm and will come to UP 3rd~~look forward to meeting anyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi there! I am wondering if anybody else has problems accessing the link sent for the London cocktail party on 4th? I am pretty sure that I've got my password right and even if I try to change it, I don't get any email regarding this. Any ideas? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
birtonreka wrote:
Hi there! I am wondering if anybody else has problems accessing the link sent for the London cocktail party on 4th? I am pretty sure that I've got my password right and even if I try to change it, I don't get any email regarding this. Any ideas? Thanks!

Yes... i also faced the same issue but for a different city. I wrote to the hobsons team and they replied back stating that the email contained an incorrect link. They also sent me the correct link :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
cgottuso wrote:
lightfall - interviews are blind (resume only).

Correct. During the interview, you will likely be asked to assess how the TBD went.
You will also very likely be given a chance to ask a lot of questions to your interviewer. Prepare a list of relevant questions that convey your motivation to join the Wharton community and demonstrate that you have done your homework.

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I was invited for TBD, but have not received the prompt. Is it mailed to us by email? Should I call admission office?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
TyLi wrote:
I was invited for TBD, but have not received the prompt. Is it mailed to us by email? Should I call admission office?

I'll pm you shortly.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts