Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]

Got admitted yesterday, look forward to meeting everyone on admit day weekend :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
So, even though I didn't get the call yesterday, I got the email overnight! No missed calls, was not out of coverage, no voicemail, so quite puzzling but I am thrilled!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Based on the interview acceptance rate of R1, there are 11 remaining spots for the 41 remaining unaccepted applicants. So it looks like if you haven't gotten accepted yet, there's only a 25% chance you will be.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
^ Now that just made me feel quite pessimistic. Better stay away from this forum then until April 2nd. Two more weeks!! :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rsettles3 wrote:
Based on the interview acceptance rate of R1, there are 11 remaining spots for the 41 remaining unaccepted applicants. So it looks like if you haven't gotten accepted yet, there's only a 25% chance you will be.

But based on last year's acceptance rate for R2, they should admit 75% of applicants this round, meaning there's a 50% chance for interviewed folks who haven't been admitted yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
maxpayne87 wrote:
Got the decision email. Is there a separate email for scholarship/fellowship offers ?

I second this question... I wasn't able to get a hold of the guy who left my voicemail, so all I have is my acceptance email from last night.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Sampo wrote:
maxpayne87 wrote:
Got the decision email. Is there a separate email for scholarship/fellowship offers ?

I second this question... I wasn't able to get a hold of the guy who left my voicemail, so all I have is my acceptance email from last night.

I second second this question... =) Perhaps someone on this thread from a previous round/year could shed some light?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
fedp wrote:
Sampo wrote:
maxpayne87 wrote:

I second second this question... =) Perhaps someone on this thread from a previous round/year could shed some light?

Looking back at the comments from the early R2 admits,
it seems like they were notified of their scholarship/fellowship offer during the call.
I guess I did not get any...
My admit letter also did not mention anything about financial aid.
Can early admits who got scholarship/fellowship offers confirm this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.56
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
I second second this question... =) Perhaps someone on this thread from a previous round/year could shed some light?[/quote]

it seems like they were notified of their scholarship/fellowship offer during the call.
Can early admits who got scholarship/fellowship offers confirm this?[/quote]

I can confirm that they told me about a Fellowship over the phone, and then I got a separate email with fellowship details apart from the standard acceptance email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
CaliforniaMBA17 wrote:
AK2017 wrote:
Can early admits who got scholarship/fellowship offers confirm this?

I can confirm that they told me about a Fellowship over the phone, and then I got a separate email with fellowship details apart from the standard acceptance email.

Same here, fellowship was confirmed on the phone and on the following day, I received two back to back emails, one was the acceptance email and the other was concerning my fellowship. Admitted on March 3rd R2.

I also received a large envelope in the mail two days ago which contained my formal letter of acceptance, letter of fellowship, and some UCLA Anderson literature. :-D

Congrats to all the new admits!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
trivium wrote:
rsettles3 wrote:

But based on last year's acceptance rate for R2, they should admit 75% of applicants this round, meaning there's a 50% chance for interviewed folks who haven't been admitted yet.

Yep, I estimate around 15 (+/- 5) people getting admitted on April 1st-2nd as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
trivium wrote:
rsettles3 wrote:

Yep, I estimate around 15 (+/- 5) people getting admitted on April 1st-2nd as well.

Either way, I'm not feeling great about my own chances. I thought the interview went pretty well, enough to put me near the top of the pile, but my interview was on Feb 9 and I haven't heard back yet. Chances that they haven't made a decision on my application by now are slim.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
trivium wrote:
Either way, I'm not feeling great about my own chances. I thought the interview went pretty well, enough to put me near the top of the pile, but my interview was on Feb 9 and I haven't heard back yet. Chances that they haven't made a decision on my application by now are slim.

My very unscientific theory is that the "strong" applicants (however you quantify that) were the first to get invites, following which the adcom divides us into piles of definite yeses and maybes. The yeses get admitted in the early waves, while the maybes get compared to the rest of the maybes. They probably need to wait till more people are interviewed to do this kind of a comparison, so I'm guessing that's why people who interviewed early might not have heard back yet.

My take back from this? There's no guessing. Compared to the rest of the maybes, you might be a star but it all depends on who you're competing against. Factor in which country/industry/whatever you're from and who Anderson needs for a diverse class, it becomes even more unpredictable. So while I'd probably feel the same if I were you, you never know until you know right? I think your chances are as good as anyones. Hope for the best and steel yourself for the worst. At least, that's what I'm doing :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
My very unscientific theory is that the "strong" applicants (however you quantify that) were the first to get invites, following which the adcom divides us into piles of definite yeses and maybes. The yeses get admitted in the early waves, while the maybes get compared to the rest of the maybes. They probably need to wait till more people are interviewed to do this kind of a comparison, so I'm guessing that's why people who interviewed early might not have heard back yet.

My take back from this? There's no guessing. Compared to the rest of the maybes, you might be a star but it all depends on who you're competing against. Factor in which country/industry/whatever you're from and who Anderson needs for a diverse class, it becomes even more unpredictable. So while I'd probably feel the same if I were you, you never know until you know right? I think your chances are as good as anyones. Hope for the best and steel yourself for the worst. At least, that's what I'm doing :)

I like your reasoning man!
It seems quite reasonable for me and explains me why I was offered to interview later in the process.
I feel my interview was not so good, but I hope for best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm starting to get mildly nervous. I received an interview invitation on January 7th and interviewed on the 20th. It's been a bit disheartening that I have not heard anything since...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
bzane538 wrote:
I'm starting to get mildly nervous. I received an interview invitation on January 7th and interviewed on the 20th. It's been a bit disheartening that I have not heard anything since...

I can understand what you are going through. Best of luck! Just stay positive, it will work out, eventually.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not sure if this is where I ask a question like this, but...

Am I rejected? I never even got an interview after applying R2... and have heard no updates whatsoever. This is really quite shocking to me seeing as I am local and very competitive GMAT (740) / GPA (3.6) from a great school. I'm extremely bummed out about this because this was one of my top choices.

I should say I applied really close to the R2 deadline, but I doubt that matters at this point. So bummed out...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts