Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for Indian Female [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vanathi20 wrote:
Hi,

The detailed profile is a below

GMAT : 710
WE : 3+ years [ Ford Motor India]
GPA : 3.6 [Anna University, Chennai, India]
Nationality : Indian

WorkEx description :

Started as a Software trainee. Trained in Software Technologies. Deployed into the first project which primarily revolved around improving efficiency of handling transaction in the Ford Supply Chain of after service parts. Ended up handling the entire suite of export related applications of service parts catering to the needs of North American Clients, Provided permanent solution to an existing issue in invoice creation process which improved efficiency by 80%.

Promoted to Software Engineer and moved to a new project. Working as a Business Analyst handling the regulatory framework application for the design and manufacturing of cars in the Product Development portfolio catering to the needs of European Clients. Automated report creation for business customers which improved efficiency by 96.66%.

Won awards in the lines of inspiring innovation and establishing the culture of innovation.

Extra Curricular :

Vice President Education of Toastmaster Club in my company. Was recognized by the company for my efforts in this initiative. Mentored 50 employees helping them achieve their educational and leadership goals

Founder of a corporate reader club. Handled 6 knowledge sharing session in conjunction with the senior management team. Achieved a score of 3.5/4 on average for all trainings. Initiated a leadership book connect series -> first of its kind in Ford. Conducted 12 sessions.

Certified in French language – DELF A2 level.

Two IEEE Publications during College. Coordinator - ‘ORBITCE’, a National Technical Symposium of SSN, head of ‘Robotics’ division.

Corporate Social Responsibility :

Class coordinator for Non-Smoking campaign in the college which went into the ‘LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS’
Conducted an English Workshop for a class of 50 at a Local Government School in Chennai as a part of CSR activities.

Post MBA Goals :

A Product Management role in the field of Technology handling the end to end responsibility of a tech product; coordinating between the engineers, marketing, operations and other disciplines. I would primarily target companies/start-ups which specialize in designing products for Automakers. However, I am flexible to work in any Tech start up or leading Tech company to gain an in depth insight into managing a Product Life Cycle.
My long term goal would be to become and executive in the technology domain preferably in an Automobile Company.

Could you please let me know my chances at schools like Ross, Tepper, UCLA, Kellogg, ISB etc. or if there are other schools i can apply to ?
Also, Do u think that my GMAT will be a deal breaker here?

Hey there!
Thanks for the additional detail.
This definitely helps a LOT.

So first of all, the weaknesses of your profile:
- Indian Tech candidate - thankfully you are not male! :)
- Non IIT/NIT school - the vast majority of Indians going to Top 10 programs come from these schools.
- GMAT is a biiit low for an Indian candidate.

The strengths:
- Female candidate
- Good promotions/achievements at work
- Good GPA

I think with your current profile though, your school list is a bit challenging. You will be up against folks from IITs with higher GMATs and more impressive employers. My suggestion would be to focus more heavily on the Top 20 or 25 and not the Top 10 schools. (although of course in your strategy you can have 1-2 "dream schools"). So Ross makes sense because of your automotive goals. Kellogg too (even this is quite a long shot), maybe keep Tepper, but then I feel you need to add 2-3 more schools that are a bit lower ranked to balance out your school strategy.

I hope this helps!

Best,
JF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for your evaluation!

However when you say Top 20 schools... Do i need to consider schools ranked 11 to 20 in US news rankings?
So do i have a good chance with Ross, Tepper, UCLA, McCombs? Could you also suggest a few more schools which would be reachable for me? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM

However when you say Top 20 schools... Do i need to consider schools ranked 11 to 20 in US news rankings?
So do i have a good chance with Ross, Tepper, UCLA, McCombs? Could you also suggest a few more schools which would be reachable for me? Thank you!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vanathi20 wrote:

Yep! that was exactly my suggestion. Stretching out the list to have some top 10, some in the 11-20 ranking. And then maybe one outside for the "safe school".

As for other schools, I think that Tier II schools (on that level) are very similar in terms of prestige and here is a good place for you to think where you want to go according to your desires , taste, and fit...

Best,

Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts