Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 11:48 It is currently 06 May 2024, 11:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73063 [3]
Given Kudos: 18912
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2016 Intake Class of 2018 [#permalink]
good to see someone took the initiative that i didn't have to start a thread.
I applied R1 to philly as well, with online app and interview submitted before the deadline and transcripts arriving a few days later. Hopeful that we'll all get some closure this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton EMBA Applicants(Ph/SF) 2016 Intake Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Imbilly, was your research from scouring past threads, like I did? ;-)

Yes, closure and good news this week would be great. Good luck, folks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
mysticalcinder wrote:

right. mostly from thread on the prior year's intake. Very small sample, so don't rely on my statistics.

Hope we will hear the result soon. Good luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
I also applied R1 for Philadelphia -

Loved my visit to the campus and really enjoyed meeting the other applicants, as well.

Wishing everyone the best of luck this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
imbilly wrote:
mysticalcinder wrote:

right. mostly from thread on the prior year's intake. Very small sample, so don't rely on my statistics.

Hope we will hear the result soon. Good luck, everyone!

this is exactly why i asked for this thread to be created; from my research of last year's thread, it sounded like certain people might be getting a call starting today! i applied r1 to SFO, here's hoping! *fingers crossed*
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mysticalcinder wrote:
This is an awfully quiet forum!

Submitted, interviewed and waiting for SF Round 1 decisions. Curious to know if there have been any calls/decision updates.

Thread was only created yesterday/Jan 11th 2016, hahaha!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Given how we have relied on past years' threads, perhaps, we could be detailed in our response on the decisions we receive from the school - date/time/caller info etc. It would certainly give applicants in R2 and future years better data to go off of!

Gluck again! I too really enjoyed my visit and interactions with folks of the SF campus. I would be really happy if it worked out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any responses yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
cramonet wrote:
Any responses yet?

seriously! i am dying here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
kablam wrote:
cramonet wrote:
Any responses yet?

seriously! i am dying here!

For what it's worth, I applied R1 Wharton East and have not received a call or seen any updates in my online application. Try to survive until the 19th :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
anyone receive a call? holiday weekend is around the corner.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
i have not, still shows ready for review on the online app.

good point about the long weekend for schools, at least we'll know for sure that there will be no activity on Monday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
did anyone call them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
kablam wrote:
did anyone call them?

I have not received a call from them yes or no.

Calling them today may not be the best decision , as they may be busy finalizing their communications or may not even be planning on making calls until Tuesday. I'd wait for now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Schools: Smurfit FT'17
Send PM
Kudos
I have also not yet received a decision via phone or online. Assuming that no one who posted here has been notified, it's safe to say calls haven't yet been made. (Approximately 50% acceptance rate, 9 applicants posted here, assume calls are only made to those accepted, odds that none of us will be accepted 1/2^9, so then 99.8% probability calls not yet made, all else equal.)

There is a chance that the information is relayed today, given the weekend format of the program. If not, I'd have to assume Tuesday, due to the Monday holiday. With the smaller EMBA class size, this should be fairly manageable for the admissions committee. (Even if only 6 of the 11 on the admissions committee are making the calls, assume 1/2 of the ~230 seats filled in R1, that's 115 phone calls, call it 10 minutes per call / prep time, that's only about 3.25 hours of time to make all the calls.)

Of course, if anyone received a call Friday, the rest of us are in trouble. Or perhaps I'm over-thinking this - off to the gym. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
no updates on this end. sunday and monday likely quiet because of the holiday. given that decision "no later than Jan 19," i feel this is a bad sign. oh well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dumped over text on Tuesday? Is that where this is headed? :| Shucks. I would have liked the weekend to have recovered from this heartbreak.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts