Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Prodigy Finance Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [8]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q37 V49
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Prodigy Finance - Finance your MBA with us [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I have a couple of questions

1. Does interest accumulate while we study? Or will it be frozen until after graduation?
2. Is it possible to get a quote before applying for a loan?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q157 V153
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Hello, I want to avail a loan from prodigy. Wanted to know about the following :
Does prodigy finance lend for living expenses as well ?
Is there a penalty or foreclosure charge if during the tenure of loan I switch to another lender ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
What are the bankruptcy proceedings if someone defaults (not able to repay due to financial difficulties) on Prodigy Finance loans?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
makshay62 wrote:
Hello, I want to avail a loan from prodigy. Wanted to know about the following :
Does prodigy finance lend for living expenses as well ?
Is there a penalty or foreclosure charge if during the tenure of loan I switch to another lender ?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, you can get money for the full Tuition + Living expenses, though you may only get 80% of the total package (which will at least equate to the full tuition cost)
The % of total financing you get and whether you get living expenses somewhat depends on the school.

P.S. I do not think the loan carries a pre-payment penalty per Prodigy's info here: https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... oan-early- but you still want to read the T&C of the specific offer/loan you are applying for.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [2]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Kudos
ShadyMBA wrote:
What are the bankruptcy proceedings if someone defaults (not able to repay due to financial difficulties) on Prodigy Finance loans?

Wow! You join the GMATClub with the name "ShadyMBA" today and this is the first post you made. :lol:

Interesting! Tell us a bit about yourself.!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
TheNightKing wrote:
ShadyMBA wrote:

Wow! You join the GMATClub with the name "ShadyMBA" today and this is the first post you made. :lol:

It seems like a valid question and I am trying to figure out what are the actual consequences.
The only thing I have been able to find is this: https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... y-my-loan- and this:
https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... y-my-loan-
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
TheNightKing wrote:
ShadyMBA wrote:

It seems like a valid question and I am trying to figure out what are the actual consequences.
The only thing I have been able to find is this

Thank you very much, bb. Everyone has a right to know the downside. If Prodigy Finance people make it more transparent, it would be great help to the community.
Of course, I don't want to reveal my identity plus I don't see an option to post anonymously.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [1]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Kudos
I apologise. I can surely do better than this.

Sorry and Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1962
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
I have a small query regarding Prodigy Loan options, do they cover living expenses or cost of attendance in Europe also or that option is only valid for B-schools of US/Canada.

someone kindly shed some light on this.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
shubham2312 wrote:
I have a small query regarding Prodigy Loan options, do they cover living expenses or cost of attendance in Europe also or that option is only valid for B-schools of US/Canada.

It depends on the school. You can quickly check on their website for a specific school you have in mind.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 1962
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
bb wrote:
shubham2312 wrote:

It depends on the school. You can quickly check on their website for a specific school you have in mind.

thanks, bb for the reply, I guess they cover living cost only for US/Canadian B-school, any idea how an Indian Student cover living cost/ cost of attendance if his MBA program is in London specifically Cass Business school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I have question regarding prodigy loan.
My question is in my case prodigy covers the tuition cost of school which is around 31000 EUR but inorder to apply for prodigy loan I already need to book the seat which costs 7000 EUR from my savings. Since the balance amount remains 24000 EUR....prodigy will still pay 31000 EUR to the school so what happens to the additional 7000 EUR given to the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
does anyone have a copy of Prodigy's loan agreement that they wouldn't mind sharing?
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
aiflavus wrote:
Hey, I'm really curious. I'm planning on contacting you guys in the future. If you care to skype sometime, I would love to contact someone in your company.

Hi there. Check out our FAQs (https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/en-us) , or contact us via email ( info@prodigyfinance.com) or chat and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Send PM
Expert Reply
AndresGuti wrote:
What are the current rates?

We assess your future earning potential based on the information provided in your application, data provided by the schools we support, and data from our past customers. This provides a unique credit model that allows us to offer you a rate without requiring a guarantee in the form of collateral or a co-signer. Find out more about how we calculate interest rates at https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... e-decided-.
Send PM
Expert Reply
ArtichokePizza wrote:
I have a couple of questions

1. Does interest accumulate while we study? Or will it be frozen until after graduation?
2. Is it possible to get a quote before applying for a loan?

1. Prodigy Finance's interest rate uses the simple interest formula, meaning that the interest rate does not compound throughout the life of the loan*. The interest rate is variable, and is made up of two components:
- a fixed margin, determined by Prodigy Finance
- a variable base rate, we use 3-month LIBOR as the base rate.
In addition to the interest rate, there is an admin fee for each loan we issue. The maximum admin fee is 5% of the total loan amount. This fee is added to your loan amount when the loan is issued and spread across your monthly payments - you're never required to pay this fee upfront.

2. Hi there. Before applying, you'll need to check if you are eligible:
1. You must be applying to study your masters abroad.
2. You must apply to study at a school we support. We support over 800 schools globally and you can see the full list here: https://prodigyfinance.com/eligibility-schools/
3. You must come from a country or state we support. For the list of regions that aren't eligible for a loan, you can have a look here: https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... t-lend-to-
If you meet these 3 criteria, you may apply online for a quote, here: https://prodigyfinance.com/student-loans

If you’d like to find out more about Prodigy Finance or have any questions about the application process, you can head over to our detailed FAQ page: https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/en-us
We hope this helps :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ShadyMBA wrote:

Hi there. Please visit https://support.prodigyfinance.com/hc/e ... y-my-loan- to understand what happens if someone can’t pay their loan
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2