Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:46
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi, I recently took the GMAT and submitted scores to 5 schools. I am planning to retake the GMAT next month. Should I submit scores to the same schools if I want them to see my 2nd score? Or can I submit scores to 5 other schools and then all 10 schools would see both of my scores?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9391 [1] , given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
No, you will have to resubmit the scores to the schools you want to get your second score.

In your scenario (send scores to another set of 5), your first 5 schools will only have access to your first score/essays and the second set of schools will have access to both scores/essays.

This is both good and bad. It is good because if you score less the first 5 schools won't see your second set of scores. (This is more of a psychological good than anything else since the schools use only the highest score but applicants are still concerned if their second score is lower). The bad part of course is that you have to resend the scores and potentially pay more. However, for most 5 score reports should be sufficient.

P.S. I have no idea why it is so expensive to send additional score reports. I understand when it was back in the day when you had to physically mail reports but now.... with electronic transfer - not sure.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 14:25
Guys,

I had another question on giving the names of 5 schools during the test? Is it compulsory to select 5 colleges or that field can be left blank. I want to see my gmat score first and then want to submit new score to earlier schools, if the scores are better.

Ofcourse, I can fill in some random 5 school in there, but was just curious if that is a required field?

Thanks
Peeyush
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9391 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 14:41
Expert's post
No, it is not. You can skip it. GMAC would love you to skip it and pay them more later on.
Keep in mind, it takes longer (supposedly) for the scores to reach schools.

If you submit when you are taking your GMAT, the scores should get to the school very quickly (days or hours) and then the AWA will be graded and communicated.
If you choose to submit the scores AFTER the test (after you see the score), you will have to wait for your AWA to be graded and Scores to be released and only then you can request the scores to be sent to schools. This is not a big deal for the most. It was a big deal back in the paper days, however.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 29

Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 16:35
peeyusha wrote:
Guys,

I had another question on giving the names of 5 schools during the test? Is it compulsory to select 5 colleges or that field can be left blank. I want to see my gmat score first and then want to submit new score to earlier schools, if the scores are better.

Ofcourse, I can fill in some random 5 school in there, but was just curious if that is a required field?

Thanks
Peeyush

This is what I did. Granted, it will then cost you $28 per report and you must wait until your AWA and IR are graded. After that, it takes about eight days for the schools to get your report. Make sure you have at least a month that you can wait (and $28 per score report you want sent).

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 11:34
peeyusha wrote:
Guys,

Thanks
Peeyush

But you are required to list and/or submit all GMAT scores when you apply to schools anyways right? So not reporting a lower 2nd score at the time of the test would be pretty moot, since you would end up having to report it anyways, right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 05:09
Hi,

I retook the GMAT for the second time today( 1st time was 3 months ago) again today and selected to send the scores to 5 schools to which I had not sent my scores from the first test. However I scored less in the Second test. Would I be required to send my official score reports for the 1st test again to these schools or would my official score report from the second test containing all my GMAT scores suffice?

Thanks
Ashwin
Re: Question about the 5 free GMAT score reports   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2014, 05:09