Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon (A)
Send PM
Re: Simon vs. GWU [#permalink]
Eric823 wrote:
Hi friends, I recently got two MBA offers from Rochester (Simon) and GWU. I received scholarship of $15000 from Simon, and 3/4 tuition waiver from GWU. Now I'm wondering which school should I go. Since my interest is in finance, I prefer Simon because of its strong finance. However, the location of Simon is one thing I'm considering, and I've heard the job placement of Simon is not that good. So can anyone give me some advice?

Hello Eric823,

Would you mind sharing your profile (GMAT score, GPA, years of work experience, etc.)? I also applied to both of these schools, Simon and GWU. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rwbaut wrote:
Eric823 wrote:
Hi friends, I recently got two MBA offers from Rochester (Simon) and GWU. I received scholarship of $15000 from Simon, and 3/4 tuition waiver from GWU. Now I'm wondering which school should I go. Since my interest is in finance, I prefer Simon because of its strong finance. However, the location of Simon is one thing I'm considering, and I've heard the job placement of Simon is not that good. So can anyone give me some advice?

Hello Eric823,

Would you mind sharing your profile (GMAT score, GPA, years of work experience, etc.)? I also applied to both of these schools, Simon and GWU. Thanks.

Hi friend,
Here's my info. for your reference. hope it helpful~
G: 710; GPA:3.25; one year in start-up & 2 year banking
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Eric823 wrote:

Location-wise, Rochester is very cold in the winter. Job placement has been an issue for the last 2-3 years because of the economy (and my assumption is that finance side took a bigger hit..), but I wouldn't worry too much if you're a domestic applicant, because it's mostly the international students who couldn't get job offers after the graduation.
Simon is aware of the job placement situation (as they talked about it in their open house orientations), but if you're looking into finance, I think Simon will be a better choice than GWU.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon (A)
Send PM
shady14 wrote:
Eric823 wrote:

Location-wise, Rochester is very cold in the winter. Job placement has been an issue for the last 2-3 years because of the economy (and my assumption is that finance side took a bigger hit..), but I wouldn't worry too much if you're a domestic applicant, because it's mostly the international students who couldn't get job offers after the graduation.
Simon is aware of the job placement situation (as they talked about it in their open house orientations), but if you're looking into finance, I think Simon will be a better choice than GWU.

Hi shady14,

What about marketing or consulting? Which, Rochester or George Washington University, would be a better school for those areas?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
rwbaut wrote:
shady14 wrote:
Eric823 wrote:

Hi shady14,

What about marketing or consulting? Which, Rochester or George Washington University, would be a better school for those areas?

hey,

I'm not too familiar with GWU program, so I wouldn't go as far to compare the two schools that specifically. Sorry :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GWU for sure! financial wise and location/future job network also. If i were u , i would go GWU
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts