Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 978 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 867 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q49  V39
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
 Q44  V40
Send PM
Re: SOS!! [#permalink]
GMAT is all about understanding the fundamental principles of English and Math and applying them at a rapid pace in a given time setting. If one understands this and proceeds with an approach of attacking and understanding the fundamental principles, they'll definitely be successful in attaining their goals. How to do this is entirely up to the individual and there is a ton of information in this forum if you read through.

Check out the following threads and study their approaches, their setbacks, how they overcame the setbacks and came up top notch scores. Some of the stories are truly inspirational.

750-q49-v42-my-gmat-experience-57409.html

780-q50-v47-60945.html

from-having-a-vague-idea-of-what-the-gmat-is-to-scoring-80315.html
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think you are on the right track - you have good books (don't use PR and don't worry about that score) - start familiarizing yourself with the test patterns more and more. Use quality books such as Manhattan. There are also a few good threads to review:

everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html - Massive collection of tips, plans, resources, and documents
timing-strategies-on-the-gmat-80176.html - Timing strategies for GMAT
gmat-timer-56014.html - GMAT Timer - sounds like you really need it
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html - all GMAT Test Reviews
please-evaluate-my-study-schedule-79588.html - look at the schedule attachment

Also - GMATPrep gmatprep-gmat-prep-powerprep-power-prep-free-tests-77548.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
When do you aim to take the GMAT again? One month from now? Two, three, four months from now? Pardon me if I missed it in your post but have you thoroughly gone through ALL of the GMAT Challenges (25 math and 6 verbal)? Look, Target760, it's pretty obvious to me that you have things stacked in your favor. (1) You're driven and (2) you have the ability. What is killing you though is your lack of confidence. Never take the power of attitude for granted. You alluded to the fact that you are naturally quantitative and what I have noticed in life is that it is these type of people who as long as their attitude is right can do exceptional well on standardized tests (verbal parts included).

Now there really is something to be said for knowing down cold the concepts tested in those challenges. Take my advice and work and rework the GMAT Challenges and then EXPAND on the concepts. It's obvious that you have the ability to do well on the GMAT. Get your confidence up. Good luck.
GMAT Club Bot